NSC AUG 2000-RD TRACKER: Pl. Update

EAD renewal approved

Surprisingly I got my EAD renewal approved within 2 months.
Still waiting for I-485 though...

No Title

Question: After EAD card, even if H1 is still valid, does filling of I9 form with company payroll dept only makes the EAD status in effect. Please clarify.

Renew your Passport if reqd(If u r close to 485 approval)

Everyone, Please check the validity of your passports.
If it is going to expire in a year and u r close to I-485 approval,
JUST renew it. I did it last week. Because after I485 approval, when we go for stamping they will stamp only upto the validity of our passport and again we need to go for stamping with renewed new passport if we still didn\'t receive the plastic card. I\'m hearing a lot of people in Chicago area waiting for plastic card for more than a year.

FYI...
Indian Passports could be renewed anytime within a year before its expiration. And it is easy to do that. Surprisingly, they did a excellent job in it for me.

What is the process of passport renewal

My passport is also expiring n another 13 months. What is the process and documents you have to take for the renewal. Can we renew only if passport is expiring in one year or i can go now if it is 13 months..
Also for how long do they renew.

thanks

No Title

I did this 2-3 years back at Indian consulate in Chicago. They renew for 10 years. Check their website

Renewing Passport Info

Can apply ONLY within a year(12 months). Wait for a month.
Can go to Indian consulate directly or thru mail.
I did thru email.
We need to send
1. Application form
2. 3 passport picture(straight face photo)
3. Cashiers check or MO for $28 (for 28 pages passport)
4. Old or current passport - "ORIGINAL"
5. Return envelope or add $15 to fee for next day delivery
6. For ECNR, copy of my Degree certificate
7. I send copy of my driver\'s licence (May be NOT reqd)
Please double check if I have missed anything.
http://www.indolink.com/consulate/services.html

We\'ll get the old cancelled passport and new passport thru mail.
I payed extra $15 for return mail and it came in 8 days from the date I mailed it. They did a good job with all the old passport information with a very good hand writing.

Hope this helps.

thanks for the info

For how long they extnd. heard the old policy of 10 yeras has been changed to 1 year. What happens to your H1 VISA stamping ??

Not a good news.. Case not assigned(Another IIO told me today)

Today I again talked to an male IIO. He told that our cases are still pending I told him that this Monday some other lady IIO told that our cases are with an Officer. He told may be she told it will be assigned. But for sure she told that it was assigned.
This is TOO bad. I don\'t what to do.... Do we have to contact the congressman/senator?? Looks like most of the Chicago guys and a Kansas City guy are having problem. Can anyone help in contacting congressman/senator?? I don\'t know whether to do this or not now??
Yes, I\'m disappointed now.

icy, they renew the passport for 10 years. In my case, I\'m not in H1B, I\'m in EAD. So I didn\'t care for the stamping. Anyways I plan to carry both my old and new passports if I\'m going out of country. When is ur H1B expiring? According u can decide when to renew passport.

Senator\'s Office

I sent my info to the senator\'s office back on September 17 and I have not heard a peep out of them since.

I\'m sorry to hear that your case had not yet been assigned, GajVar.

Same here

I am in the same boat. It is not only with Kansas and Chicago guys, I am in MN. Waiting for ever

No Title

Yes I have contacted my local congressman and their office sent me a letter and a form to sign so that INS can release personal info directly to them. On talking I have understood is that they can **only** help in getting the "TRUE STATUS" of your case. The staff handling such issues at the congressman\'s office said specifically that they cannot *expedite* a case and INS will do its "due course".

God bless all.