EB3 - 10/2/02

as of Jan 1 2003
Keep your fingers crossed!
SDD

SDD,

I didn't see the good news.

EB3 - 10/04/02 as of 12/01/02

It is 10/02/02 as of 01/01/02

It means they went back for the last month?!?!!
You call that a good news

Let's pray again

MY I140 has been approved after RFE reply.

INS received RFE reply on Dec 19th and my case was approved on Jan14th.

CASE# LIN0228451XXX

re: PaulK

Sorry,
The good news was for EB2's. Earlier it was 3/12/02 (or similar). Its now moved up.
SDD

Originally posted by PaulK
SDD,

I didn't see the good news.

EB3 - 10/04/02 as of 12/01/02

It is 10/02/02 as of 01/01/02

It means they went back for the last month?!?!!
You call that a good news

Let's pray again

go_get_gc,

Sorry for the late response.Today only I saw your post.
You are right we both are exactly in the sameboat.

Thanks for your response.

I received the RFE on January 8th,2003 ,the RFE is on the company's financial information,asking for more evidence from my side (pay stub,w-2)and from company's side to prove that company had/has the ability to pay the offered wages.

Please let me know about your RFE.

Thanks,

Hi,

On line case status shows that RFE notice was mailed on Jan 14th, regarding my 140 application. I am yet to know the RFE details.

140 details:
Receipt date: 10/30/2002.
RFE issued on: 1/14/2003.
LIN:030235XXXX
EB3, RIR , Non Concurrent. Did not file 485.

Similarly two of my friends ( Same category as above) with Receipt dates 12/22/2002 & 12/23/2002 have got RFE notices issued on 1/15/2003.

Looks like I-140 EB3 RIR, Non concurrent filing will soon become current.

Usha Reddy.

Originally posted by dolly75
go_get_gc,

Sorry for the late response.Today only I saw your post.
You are right we both are exactly in the sameboat.

Thanks for your response.

I received the RFE on January 8th,2003 ,the RFE is on the company's financial information,asking for more evidence from my side (pay stub,w-2)and from company's side to prove that company had/has the ability to pay the offered wages.

Please let me know about your RFE.

Thanks,

Thanks Dolly75... Appreciate your reply. I am really concerned, my 6 yrs of H1 expiring in March 2003. I have some other questions too regarding what your attorney submitting to INS to prove ure company's abilyty to pay you. Would you send me your email id?.... thanks anl all the best.

I-140 RFE

Hi sirisha76

This is in respose to your post on Dec 18. Have you heard back from INS on I-140?
---------------------------------------------
hello shashi
I recieved rfe on financial info of company reuesting additional info on oct16th i replied to rfe on nov8th(reached INS) and i am waiting ever since , mine is a small company 35 employees and it got bought out by another company in the beggining of this year so financial data that my company sent for last year but for this year it is a non existent company so she sent new companys data , so god knows
what will happen also do you know if they approve EAD before I 140 ,
thanks
------------------------------------------
I am exactly in same situation. My tiny company merged with another one in Oct 2002. I certainly feel your pain.
Here is my case

I-140 LIN-03-033-5XXXX RD OCT 24 2002 ND NOV 14 2002 RFE JAN 14 2003
I-485 LIN-03-033-5XXXX RD OCT 24 2002 ND NOV 14 2002 FP JAN 19 2003
I-765 LIN-03-033-5XXXX RD OCT 24 2002 ND NOV 14 2002 NO NEWS
I-131 LIN-03-073-5XXXX RD JAN 03 2003 ND JAN 03 2003 NO NEWS .

I would like to know more (in detail) what your Attorney send to INS in response to RFE. PM with ure emailID would be greatly appreciated.

Lot of Thanks to you and all the people for sharing info. This gives much much more peace of mind than talking to Attorney. Good Luck to all.

Go_get_GC,

My attorney has not yet replied the RFE,we are still working gathering the information.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I-140

It is long time that there is no approvals at all.
Mine is almost TWO months still saying RECIEVED.

IS THERE ANY NEW APPROVALS?!?!

PLS HELP IF YOU CAN......

Hi
I-140 LIN-03-033-5XXXX RD OCT 24 2002 ND NOV 14 2002 RFE JAN 14 2003 . RFE is on company's ability to pay and my W2 or current pay voucher. My problem is W2 shows 14 K less Y-T-D salary than what mentioned in Labor. I was on bench from almost 3 months and did not get paid. I heard INS is strict on this issue and my I140 might get rejected. Is anyone is in the same boat? Also would like to know the response against RFE?
Thanks and Good Luck...

re:thk

No news yet.Looks like INS didn't do much I140s in the last few weeks.

Conccurent I140/I485

RD 12/05/02
FP done 14/01/03

LIN 03051xxxxx

More bad news I'm afraid ~ I hate this as much as you do...

Taken from Oh Law Site:

<b>Breaking News Section</b>

http://www.immigration-law.com/

<b><i>01/25/03:
DHS Scheduled to Start Immigration Services on March 1, 2003</b></i>

The Secretary of DHS announced that the DHS would start the immigration adjudications and services function on March 1, 2003. Pending the transition, the adjudications of nonimmigrant and immigrant cases at the field offices have remained de fact halt or at snail pace. Despite the INS HQ announcement that I-485 freeze had been lifted, the Service Centers' processing times reports reflect that EB-485 remains at halt except a handful of cases that have been transferred to the local district offices.

<b>Additionally, for an unknown reasons, the Service Centers have been adjudicating non-skilled workers cases for both I-140 (EB-3GW) petitions and I-129 nonimmigrant petitions (such as H-2A and H-2B) and the immigrant and nonimmigrant petitions for professional occupations such as I-140 in EB-1, EB-2, EB-31 and I-129 (H-1B) show a snail-pace of adjudications.</b>

There is no confirmed information about the sources of this continuing freeze or halt or snail-pace adjudication of certain types of cases, but it is obvious that certain types of cases, especially I-485, I-129 H-1B, I-140, will not move ahead in a speed which the immigrant community wants to see pending the transition. Apparently, such dragnet is not limited to the Service Centers. Reportedly, the on-going special registrations take away a substantial amount of the local INS district offices' adjudication resources, and probably until the special registration is over on March 28, 2003, the adjudication at the local district offices is also expected to experience a substantial slow-down.

One good news is looming up, though. Unconfirmed sources indicate that the family-based I-130/I-485 and naturalization cases will be taken away from the local district offices to the Missouri Service Center as early as June 2003. Currently these cases are filed at the local INS district offices. Once this change takes place, the local district offices' function may be restricted to interview and fingerprinting when it comes to the immigration services function. The nationalization of processing of the family-based green card applications and naturalization applications will at least remove a long line of people on the ground of the government buildings in the dawn and in the cold and in the heat,

:mad: :confused: :mad: :confused: :mad:

How long does it take to get a receipt from INS. My I-140 application was sent on 12/05/02. When I called my attorney for LIN #, he says he doesn't have.

What should I do now? Is there a way to check the status without LIN # ?

Is there anybody in the same situation?

Thanks!!