• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

November Visa Bulletin is out

Dv 2010

Hi there,
I have been so impressed with the tips you have been given with regards to the DV program. I just have some few questions for you.
I am among one of those who have been selected for further processing for the DV2010, i am from Cameroon, i have already return my form to KCC and i am now waiting for the 2nd NL, My question now is now do i know when my case number becomes current for an interwiew at the embassy.
I will be very greateful if u can provide me with answers to thid question.

Hi there,
I have been so impressed with the tips you have been given with regards to the DV program. I just have some few questions for you.
I am among one of those who have been selected for further processing for the DV2010, i am from Cameroon, i have already return my form to KCC and i am now waiting for the 2nd NL, My question now is now do i know when my case number becomes current for an interwiew at the embassy.
I will be very greateful if u can provide me with answers to thid question.

Hello atem,

Thanks, I have been struggling with another green card process because I did know nothing about it so now I am taking this DV seriously. Many people contribute to this forum and I am very grateful to all of them. I try to give back to the forum whenever I know about the subject.

The Visa Bulletin is issued every month (http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html) and it lists what is called "cut-off numbers" for the Diversity Visa category under the section DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY.

Compare your case number with the cut-off number for your region (i.e. Africa). Your case is current if your case number is below the cut-off number for your region. You should expect to have your consular interview the month that your case number becomes current.

As per the latest Visa Bulletin, if your case number is below 14,000, your case will be current in November. If your case number is below 17,800 your case will be current in December.

I hope this helps you.

Good luck!

thanks very much big brother
i will keep on checking till my CN becomes current.
I will keep in touch with you.
thanks

Hi there,
i also wish to find if KCC must send back a second NL to every body who files in for VISA process and also if there are any disadvantages for some who have a high case number.

thanks and hope to read from you soon.

By looking at the previous visa bulletin you can see it affects only for several regions like Africa. Since the higer numbers in Africa won't become current at the last moment even. That means only a certain no below can get a chance for the interview. But in other regions all were so lucky , that all the nos become current before end of fiscal year.

See the previous visa bulletins for the pattern and you can get an idea

So if your number is very high you have to weigh your chances and decide if you want to risk paying the fees and risking the chance of not getting an interview due to the cut off date or due to the GC have run out....

Hello Atem,

The DV program requires that you get an immigrant visa before the end of the Fiscal Year (i.e. September 30th). If your number is high, you should expect to have your Consular Interview close to the end of the Fiscal Year. You don't risk paying the fees for having a high number. You risk paying the fees, as everyone else, if you don't have all the required documentation in order of if there could be a problem with your name check.

Can we have an idea of what is the range of your case number?

I have question for you guys. I am a F-1 visa student in the US right now.

My NL is ..EU000078xx
Here is the information:
5/25/09, received 1st NL May 25th, 2009
6/15/09,send papers to KCC
8/5/09,Received 2nd letter from KCC.
9/20/09,send $ 375
10/5/09 return receipt
10/13/09, Medical done
number current for October
10/13/09package send to Chicago (USCIS) for Adjusting Status, incl. $1010.-
10/16/09package arrived in Chicago

So, a visa number is available for me in October and I am kind of worried that it is getting late. Any ideas when am I gonna have my interview?

I have question for you guys. I am a F-1 visa student in the US right now.

My NL is ..EU000078xx
Here is the information:
5/25/09, received 1st NL May 25th, 2009
6/15/09,send papers to KCC
8/5/09,Received 2nd letter from KCC.
9/20/09,send $ 375
10/5/09 return receipt
10/13/09, Medical done
number current for October
10/13/09package send to Chicago (USCIS) for Adjusting Status, incl. $1010.-
10/16/09package arrived in Chicago

So, a visa number is available for me in October and I am kind of worried that it is getting late. Any ideas when am I gonna have my interview?

haha, u have plenty of time. If u did fill out the forms correctly with supporting documents, u should have ur interview in 3-4 months.

Dv2010

Hello Atem,

The DV program requires that you get an immigrant visa before the end of the Fiscal Year (i.e. September 30th). If your number is high, you should expect to have your Consular Interview close to the end of the Fiscal Year. You don't risk paying the fees for having a high number. You risk paying the fees, as everyone else, if you don't have all the required documentation in order of if there could be a problem with your name check.

Can we have an idea of what is the range of your case number?

Hi there,
thanks very much for providing me with an inside of this palava. I am new into this DV stuff so that is why you will always find me asking some kind of petit questions. However, my CN is 2010AF00041*** can you estimated when it may become current given that the visa bulletin for my region is moving increasingly fast? thanks very much.

Hi there,
thanks very much for providing me with an inside of this palava. I am new into this DV stuff so that is why you will always find me asking some kind of petit questions. However, my CN is 2010AF00041*** can you estimated when it may become current given that the visa bulletin for my region is moving increasingly fast? thanks very much.

Hello atem,

For fiscal year 2009 your cn became current in July, for fiscal year 2008 your cn became current in August. I hope this year the cut-off numbers move faster. Are you doing CP or AOS? You are not from Egypt, Ethiopia, or Nigeria, are you? Those countries have other cut-off numbers.

Good luck!

Dv2010

Hello atem,

For fiscal year 2009 your cn became current in July, for fiscal year 2008 your cn became current in August. I hope this year the cut-off numbers move faster. Are you doing CP or AOS? You are not from Egypt, Ethiopia, or Nigeria, are you? Those countries have other cut-off numbers.

Good luck!

Hi i2009, i am from Cameroon and i am doing CP, i am thinking that with the way the visa bulletin for this year is moving fast, my Case Number may become current by April God willing, any ideas?

Thanks

Hi i2009, i am from Cameroon and i am doing CP, i am thinking that with the way the visa bulletin for this year is moving fast, my Case Number may become current by April God willing, any ideas?

Thanks

Hello atem,

I really don't know. I hope your case number will become current soon. Good luck!

help..
Hello There,
i am a dv lottery winner for the program 2010
i check my visa bulletin from travel.state.gov but i can't understand the schedules located there.
I not received the 2nd letter form KCC in Egypt until now ..?
I'm born in Saudi Arabia ….But I Egyptian
my CN: under 2010AS00027xxx

thank you in advance for your assistance

help..
Hello There,
i am a dv lottery winner for the program 2010
i check my visa bulletin from travel.state.gov but i can't understand the schedules located there.
I not received the 2nd letter form KCC in Egypt until now ..?
I'm born in Saudi Arabia ….But I Egyptian
my CN: under 2010AS00027xxx

thank you in advance for your assistance

if you used saudi as your country of elegibility as i can see from your case number you are still very far from receiving a second letter because your number is not current yet.Check travel.state and click on the link visa bulletin study it and you will subsequently understand how to read the bulletin and know when you will be current.