November Bulletin is out!

Godfather: The Great USCIS

No I think it is a much larger issue. Earlier we were told that if the green card is approved when dates are not current, that needs be rescinded. Otherwise it will be big problem later.

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_app485.html

Please don't make this a bigger issue. All we can do is just check trackitt by time to time, and see if the PD beyond is approved. If this is true that people are seeing approvals, then it is indeed a good sign for those who are waiting on this pipeline for a while. If this is not true, then one can wait to become his PD available for his GC to get approved. If you are asking about me, seeing this info in trackitt has given me boost and thus I am posting these to let you guys know that I am seeing this approvals. There is no need to educate any of you since everyone knows the way USCIS works. I too know it is NOT possible for USCIS to approve case where Visa Bulletin cut-off date falls ahead of Priority Date, DOS won't relese any visa numbers.

In recent visa bulletin fiasco, USCIS has alone approved 18K GC to EB3 catagory for India, don't ask me how, just go figure.

This is turning out to be a healthy debate from what initially seemed to be a forlorn conclusion. Even the subject doesn't reflect what's being discussed in this thread anymore.

Again, people are free to interpret (and construe) from postings on trackitt but have to do it at their own peril. There are a lot of people on the tracker who don't know what acronyms like RD, PD, ND and AD mean (basing my view upon looking at absurd dates which make no sense at all - example being future dates entered for some cases or LC PD being same as RD for I485). Given the fiasco and breath of fresh air, if you will, that it has brought, people have become overzealous - yours truly included - about the whole process. There are official documents, however, like HQOPRD 70/11.1 [page 4 # 8] (mentioned earlier in the thread) that highlight the utility of PD. Others like the SOP describe the importance of PD.

Ofcourse, this debate could continue until a definitive trend is noticed in coming months, however, it would be interesting if these people with approvals on trackitt - if they are reading this - share their journey here.

My 2 cents!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not see GC approval linked with PD

This is turning out to be a healthy debate from what initially seemed to be a forlorn conclusion. Even the subject doesn't reflect what's being discussed in this thread anymore.

Again, people are free to interpret (and construe) from postings on trackitt but have to do it at their own peril. There are a lot of people on the tracker who don't know what acronyms like RD, PD, ND and AD mean (basing my view upon looking at absurd dates which make no sense at all - example being future dates entered for some cases or LC PD being same as RD for I485). Given the fiasco and breath of fresh air, if you will, that it has brought, people have become overzealous - yours truly included - about the whole process. There are official documents, however, like HQOPRD 70/11.1 [page 4 # 8] (mentioned earlier in the thread) that highlight the utility of PD. Others like the SOP describe the importance of PD.

Ofcourse, this debate could continue until a definitive trend is noticed in coming months, however, it would be interesting if these people with approvals on trackitt - if they are reading this - share their journey here.

My 2 cents!

I still can't see any provision, requiring that only current PD can get an approval, from the file indicated above and anywhere else. All says that PD is a criteria of the acceptance of I485 filing by USCIS and visa allocation. Many people said that visa is only allotted after GC process is done or approved. I also doubt this assumption is 100% true. I think that each service center and director has a flexibility on this matter to maximize their processing efficiency, like other US agencies.

I still can't see any provision, requiring that only current PD can get an approval, from the file indicated above and anywhere else. All says that PD is a criteria of the acceptance of I485 filing by USCIS and visa allocation. Many people said that visa is only allotted after GC process is done or approved. I also doubt this assumption is 100% true.

Then read the SOP again, paying specific attention to Page 6-5.

One more approval from NSC and PD is not current.

http://www.trackitt.com/discuss/485eb/10081509/

Yet another example of trickling effects of last year's late allotment of visa #. RD is May 1 and FP was done on Jun 14th. Any example of someone who filed on/after July 2nd and got an approval without PD being current could flip the scales towards the argument that PD doesn't matter.

Sidenote: The entry by this "rockstart" person (linked earlier on this thread) looks dubious. Arguments being: TSC has barely reached receipting cases around his/her RD, (s)he has no mention of FP date and has not responded to any comments posted. Probably just a prank and (s)he is enjoying the brouhaha the entry's causing across sites.

here is a statement from another Lawyer:immigration-law.com

Since EB visa number was unavailable for the entire EB cases in August, presumedly a substantial portion of these cases could include those cases for which the EB visa numbers were pull out before July 2, 2007 in June and adjudicated throughout the period as reported by some I-485 applicants who reported that their I-485 applications were approved when the visa number was unavailable.

I am buying a story, let's see if I get the full value of it

Once again trackitt delivers good news for all who are in limbo. We need to see this trend as a good measure and think positively that we might see our cases being approved in coming days. If or not, these two cases were adjudicated in July and because of USCIS slow response it took almost 3 months for these cases to see approvals? This is a good reasoning to say that the cases were “TOUCHED” in the same month, and allotted visa number, and NOW they both see the approvals. If we all can agree with this logic, then we will NOT see any new approvals unless or until the Priority Date becomes current. Let’s wait for few more days and keep an eye on it “very closely”.

I-485 - RD 06/16/2007, LUD 07/28/2007 after FP, LUD 09/10/2007
I-140 - Approved
PD - 01/29/2004 - EB3(ROW)
I-765 - LUD 09/19/2007, Card Ordered - 09/21/2007, Received 09/24/2007
I-131 - LUD 09/20/2007, Document Mailed to Applicant - 10/02, Received AP

Guys i just found out from Trackitt.com that a guy from Romania with a LC Priority date of 01/09/2007 and EB3 approved for I-485 on 10/12/2007.

Also serbian with a priority date od 03/15/2003 got approved for I-485 on 06/06/2007

Today another one on Trackitt.com from South Korea for EB3 with a priority date of 11/2003 got approved for I-485.

Real Canadian can you tell me if USCIS is really going with the priority date not? No complain though because I do like this trend of approvals..
Thank You

Interesting: Power of USCIS, well nothing wrong with it

10/17/2007: Total of 60,000+ EB-485 Applications Adjudicated During July-August-September by NSC and TSC

AILA has reported that during the period of July, August, and September 2007, Nebraska Service Center and Texas Service Center adjudicated 60,000 plus EB-485 applications. Since EB visa number was unavailable for the entire EB cases in August, presumedly a substantial portion of these cases could include those cases for which the EB visa numbers were pull out before July 2, 2007 in June and adjudicated throughout the period as reported by some I-485 applicants who reported that their I-485 applications were approved when the visa number was unavailable. Interesting.

I think we should exclude any/all applications that went to USCIS before July 2nd from the PD discussion.

I will believe that USCIS does not go by PD for approvals if they approve any application they received after July 17th 2007 and those applications' PD was beyond the one published in the VB at the time of approval.

There is no point in getting false hope just because USCIS assigned visa number in June/July and there is a major delay in sending notices and ordering cards. Delays to the tune of months.

And I say July 17th as the cutoff date because, they received a good number of applications in June itself when they moved the dates forward. Those applications and the previously pending ones must have been sufficient to use up the 60K+ visas that they requested during that time frame. And that is the reason they asked DOS to re-publish the July bulletin with a "U" for all EB categories, which DOS did on July 2nd.

here is another case approved from outside current PD

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=267320&page=2

That could be an isolated case or could have been approved in the VB fiasco ohia3114. I think from experts in this forum we can just ignore the cases that gets approved when the PD cut-off date is not current. What do you say guys? Trackitt has other entries as well, but since our expert pannel differ to acknowledge the fact that this can happen, we should just rest our head and pretend all those cases were adjudicated in that fiasco time.
:D

If it is basss's GC approval - It is based on Spouse's PD

If it is basss's GC approval - It is based on Spouse's PD

If you looked carefully, basss's I-485 - AD is based on EB2-Aug 2003, which is current for any country.

Though basss's PD was EB-3-Oct-2003, the approval was based on spouse's PD which was under EB-2 and August 2003 which was current.

My 0.02 - IE

here is another case approved from outside current PD

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=267320&page=2