November Bulletin is out!

Silver lining in Nov 2007 Bulletin is....

D. EMPLOYMENT VISA AVAILABILITY IN THE COMING MONTHS

There has been no forward movement of the Employment cut-off dates for November. The reason for this is that it is still too early to see what impact the movement of the cut-off dates toward the end of FY-2007 may have on demand. Depending on the rate of demand being received from Citizenship and Immigration Services offices for adjustment of status cases, some forward movement of dates may be possible for December.

I don't think Priority dates matter anymore. Because last month they approve ROW cases that had priority date 2003 while the bulletin said August 1 2002. I am sure we all still going to see cases approved that is out of priority date.

So keep up the hope

I don't think Priority dates matter anymore. Because last month they approve ROW cases that had priority date 2003 while the bulletin said August 1 2002. I am sure we all still going to see cases approved that is out of priority date.

Wrong. What completely messed things up last year was the request of 45,000 visa numbers in July and the fiasco it caused. USCIS had visa numbers that had been allocated earlier (therefore the PD went back) that they then used later.

Priority dates have ALWAYS mattered.

It should

Wrong. What completely messed things up last year was the request of 45,000 visa numbers in July and the fiasco it caused. USCIS had visa numbers that had been allocated earlier (therefore the PD went back) that they then used later.

But there are 2 2004 approvals i know and where is the priority date go. Secondly we have seen lots of 2003 approvals for India and ROW eventhough the dates in the visa bulletin says 2001 and 2002 respectively. If they really follow the priority date we will not only wait for couple of years expect to wait for 10 plus years. better be lucky with USCIS.

Secondly we have seen lots of 2003 approvals for India and ROW eventhough the dates in the visa bulletin says 2001 and 2002 respectively.

As I've mentioned, in July USCIS requested lots of visa numbers when the dates were current but didn't use them right away, hence what you saw. You should not draw any conclusions from that.

Let's see how much it will move next month. At least they got this one out pretty quickly, it's almost a sign that they are trying to shut out any new applications for EB3.

Yes, I am glad that they are aware of people's anticipation though. Otherwise they wouldn't post that message at the bottom.

On the other hand, I don't think they are going to move the dates forward too much. I would be happily surprised if they did.

EB3 is still Aug'02 - screwed!!

I am getting a bit confused. My PD is April 26, 2004. Current PD for EB2 is April 1, 2004. My labor was certified in August. Can I submit I-140 and I-485 together or will it be rejected? Thanks.

I am getting a bit confused. My PD is April 26, 2004. Current PD for EB2 is April 1, 2004. My labor was certified in August. Can I submit I-140 and I-485 together or will it be rejected? Thanks.

You can apply for 140 now and have to submit 485 when PD reaches April 26 2004.

I-485 will be rejected. When PD for your category is April 27 2004 or later you can file I-485 to be accepted.

I-140 can be filed anytime when LC is certified.

may be inaccurate

LC Priority Date is used to make a decision for your 485 acceptance by USCIS. If your 485 has been accepted by USCIS, it is processed based on the receipt date. It is matter for LC Priority Date to peolple who have had 140 approval but need to file 485 or haven't filed either. There may be several complex calculations to determine the priority date for visa bulletin. However, the 485 accepted are processed based on the receipt date (also visa is available for current fiscal year for each EB category) if all required checks for your 485 application are cleared. USCIS Processing date and visa availability are important for your 485 application. That is why 2005, 2006, or some 2007 applicants have their approvals regardless of Visa Bulletin. Once my 485 has been accepted, I'd like to forget DOS Visa Bulletin

Once my 485 has been accepted, I'd like to forget DOS Visa Bulletin

Not true. I485 can neither be filed nor approved unless PD is current. Ofcourse, in between the two, the dates could retrogress. The very first paragraph of visa bulletin highlights this.

1. This bulletin summarizes the availability of immigrant numbers during November.
Only applicants who have a priority date earlier than the cut-off date may be allotted a number.

So, one cant jump the line riding on RD's back. The applicants who are seeing approvals lately are the ones who have their PDs current. And TheRealCanadian already mentioned about what happened due to the (in)famous fiasco.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only applicants who have a priority date earlier than the cut-off date may be allotted a number.[/B][/INDENT]

So, one cant jump the line riding on RD's back. The applicants who are seeing approvals lately are the ones who have their PDs current. And TheRealCanadian already mentioned about what happened due to the (in)famous fiasco.[/QUOTE]

Pay attention on the word. It is "may be". not should or must. The allotted number is a virtual number here and not actual number. If you said so above, can I ask you a question? Does the cut off date on visa bulletin mean that USCIS processes your case or approve your case? I am not an expert on this area and don't completely disagree on RealCanadian. However, let see if only applicants who are within visa cutoff date on Visa Bulletin would be approved during October and November. If this is true, I have no objection.

why are we fighting on this thing when there is clear proof on trackit site that they are approving beyond the PD's.
I think they are picking up applications based on the pd's but if all applications for the pd's are stuck in rfe/name check then ofcourse they have started the ones beyond the listed PD's you can see for example EB2 PD is April 2004, but they approved cases until september 2005. Have they picked all the ones from 2004 till sep 2005, I dont know. i think they pick the file with next PD at their center. so i dont think its just PD's alone. It matters where your file is and how many people are before you in that center