November 2009 N-400 Tracker

Class: Express Mail®

Your item was forwarded to a different address at 10:11 AM on November 10, 2009 in LEWISVILLE, TX 75067. This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

My tracking result came back like that. I sent my N-400 to the 75067 zipcode. Should I be worried....? Has anyone ever had the same experience?

Hi, I believe our applications went together. I used usps express mail, but ended up being forwarded to dallas. The tracking message is as below. I wonder why it went to dallas. Anybody know?

Class: Express Mail®

Your item was delivered at 9:11 AM on November 12, 2009 in DALLAS, TX 75266 to USCIS . The item was signed for by C THORNQUISK.

Detailed Results:

Delivered, November 12, 2009, 9:11 am, DALLAS, TX 75266
Forwarded, November 10, 2009, 10:11 am, LEWISVILLE, TX

vevey4! No joke!

Hi Vevey4! No joke! Our delivery tracking status says the same exact thing and my package was signed for by the same individual mentioned in your tracking result. And that is a good question why our N-400 Applications were being forwarded to Dallas rather than the original address (75067?) we sent them to. It was a perfect waste of Express Mail! Anyways, where is your district office? I live in upstate NY. Let's keep each other updated! :)

1st post in the N-400 tracking process for my wife

Danimee - I got the same message. It sorted out the next day.

I'm just wondering about the DALLAS TX 75266 to USCIS. Is that the same as Lewisville?

Mainstay - Looks like we'll be battle buddies since our timelines are close and we are at the same DO.

Good luck to all and let's hope this goes fast!

CM23

Danimee - I got the same message. It sorted out the next day.

I'm just wondering about the DALLAS TX 75266 to USCIS. Is that the same as Lewisville?

Mainstay - Looks like we'll be battle buddies since our timelines are close and we are at the same DO.

Good luck to all and let's hope this goes fast!

CM23

Seems like we have a group of three here in the same boat. I was worried that it was a mistake by USPS. Now, I think it is fine. For us, it is a waste of money and time. Actually we should not send our applications to the express mail address. It is for non-usps, such as fedex and ups, but USCIS doesn't make it clear in it's web site. Good luck!!

DO: Newwark, NJ

N-400 mailed: 11/09/09
N-400 delivered: 11/12/09

Last edited by a moderator:
I received an email yesterday saying that they had sent an RFE. I assume this is my fingerprint notice. That has all turned around pretty quickly. Less than two weeks from mailing N400 to FP notice being mailed to me.:)

What is the trick to read the recipt # from the back of the cancelled check.

Answer is: NONE!!

They don't deposit the checks any longer. They just use the routing and a/c number to debit the account. So your check will never be returned for you to even look at it. At least that is what it says in the instructions for N400 (on page 6).

Friends

I am new to this thread. Just mailed my N-400 by certified mail and verified it reached. Yet to receive the return receipt. Checking account not debited yet.

Today, my check was cashed and a copy made available. Dunno if they processed it electronically like they said in the instructions. But like vip1r said, we need special skills to find out if there is a receipt number hidden on the back of the returned check.

Hi All,
Got my GC in 1996 and finally decided to go the whole route 3 weeks ago. Mailed the N-400 on the 6th via express mail and it was delivered on the 7th. Received the NOA today.

Per USPS Tracking:
Your item was delivered at 11:50 AM on November 7, 2009 in PHOENIX, AZ 85034 to BANK ONE . The item was signed for by T EDLEMAN.

Checks got cashed today. They were submitted yesterday by the looks of it. Gave up trying to read the recipt # from the back of the check. Guessing I will get my NOA/receipt by the end of the week.

Seems like we have a group of three here in the same boat. I was worried that it was a mistake by USPS. Now, I think it is fine. For us, it is a waste of money and time. Actually we should not send our applications to the express mail address. It is for non-usps, such as fedex and ups, but USCIS doesn't make it clear in it's web site. Good luck!!

DO: Newwark, NJ

N-400 mailed: 11/09/09
N-400 delivered: 11/12/09
Hi. I am in the same boat as well. I sent mine on November 12 via USPS express mail and got a message back that it was forwarded to Dallas. But the problem is, Dallas does not handle N-400 cases. Just a waist of time. I suppose we should expect our applications rejected and sent back to us in two months.
The Instructions on filling up on the form does not say that you can not send USPS express mail. However, I just read the Guide to Naturalization Form, (M-476) and it says there that zip code 75067 is ONLY for all delivery systems other than USPS and the 75029 Lockbox is for USPS ONLY.
What is waist of time!!!!!!

Hi Vevey4! No joke! Our delivery tracking status says the same exact thing and my package was signed for by the same individual mentioned in your tracking result. And that is a good question why our N-400 Applications were being forwarded to Dallas rather than the original address (75067?) we sent them to. It was a perfect waste of Express Mail! Anyways, where is your district office? I live in upstate NY. Let's keep each other updated! :)
That's the question no one at the Lewisville Post Office seems to have an answer to: let's call them up: 972-353-0056. Why are they forwarding our mails instead of returning them to us. I am so hysterical right now. I should have sent my application via regular mail to the P.O. Box address. I thought I needed it sent quickly in order to receive a delivery confirmation. The 75067 zip code is ONLY for FedEx and UPS deliveries.
I guess we will have to wait for the Dallas office to reject our application based on wrong processing center and we will painfully resubmit it to the LockBox, P.O. Box office at 75029.

Wow really?

That's the question no one at the Lewisville Post Office seems to have an answer to: let's call them up: 972-353-0056. Why are they forwarding our mails instead of returning it to us. I am so hysterical right now. I should have send my application regular mail to the P.O. Box address. I thought it needed it sent quickly in order to receive a delivery confirmation. The 75067 zip code is ONLY for FedEx and UPS deliveries.
I guess we will have to wait for the Dallas office to reject our application based on wrong processing center and we will painfully resubmit it to the LockBox, P.O. Box office at 75029.

Wow. Really? They can actually reject our applications just because we didn't send them to the Lockbox? That's ridiculous. I mean if they're going to, they better return our money orders/ checks. Still, let's try to stay positive. At least we have a few people in this thread in the same situation so hopefully we'll find out soon.

Check Cashed yesterday (although Bank Of America still shows them pending today). No images available yet. Perhaps I'll just wait for the NOA.

Update: Apparently BofA doesn't load up copies of the 'e-checks'. So the check clears as 'Check # 0'

Need advise!

I have mailed my N400 docs via USPS Priority mail with returned recipt required on 11/13/2009. When I checked the tracking number this is the msg posted on USPS website. I checked the mailing address a few times before sending it. It was correct.

"Your item was forwarded to a different address at 1:20 PM on November 16, 2009 in LEWISVILLE, TX 75029. This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later. ".

Can someone please explain what is going on here? I am worried about this.

Many thanks,

Wow. Really? They can actually reject our applications just because we didn't send them to the Lockbox? That's ridiculous. I mean if they're going to, they better return our money orders/ checks. Still, let's try to stay positive. At least we have a few people in this thread in the same situation so hopefully we'll find out soon.
Well, if this is true, that's good news! msx86 said his/her application was sent to lockbox 75029 and he/she also got a forwarding message. IF THAT IS TRUE, then we all can take a deep breath. I have not slept for days thinking about this.
However, I spoke with USCIS this morning and no one seems to know why there is a change of address for N-400 in Lewisville, TX and they (the national office) do not know about it.
Something does not smell right here...

I agree with the 'stay positive'. In most cases the application will find its way to the correct place (albeit a few days later). If they return your application, it will be with your check so keep checking your bank. If the check clears, you're in good shape.

I have mailed my N400 docs via USPS Priority mail with returned recipt required on 11/13/2009. When I checked the tracking number this is the msg posted on USPS website. I checked the mailing address a few times before sending it. It was correct.

"Your item was forwarded to a different address at 1:20 PM on November 16, 2009 in LEWISVILLE, TX 75029. This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later. ".

Can someone please explain what is going on here? I am worried about this.

Many thanks,
Hey, can you please recheck your sent to address and make sure that it reads: P.O. Box 299026, Lewisville, TX 75029. PLEASE!
If so, we can all take a deeper breath and take a sigh of relief!