November 2009 N-400 Tracker

Okay, I'm back on and have added updates to my sig. we go for FP tommorrow at noon. I hope all will be in order. I know I probably could have walked in but with the holidays and my schedule it just didn't work out.

More to follow.

CM23

Ok, I finally got my fingerprints done today... 4 weeks later from my original appt. due to my hand condition. I'm glad that I got it out of the way but I'm a little concerned because when the FP technician scanned my fingers (at least twice all 10 fingers!) the number on the screen was only from 51-52. I'm not familiar with the FP process but one would think that you'd at least need 70-80 to pass? I have no idea... I do have a lot of cuts on my fingers (eczema) that look like little paper cuts. I'm going to try and call the FBI to see if they passed tomorrow. But what do you guys think? Were your numbers as low as 51-52?

I also asked her why the screen kept saying "match warning" and she said that the machine was trying to make sure that I'm a different person than the one that did FP before me?????

Any input would be appreciated.

don't worry that is normal. I had fp problems too cuz of severe dry skin but 50/52 is all ok.

I also asked her why the screen kept saying "match warning" and she said that the machine was trying to make sure that I'm a different person than the one that did FP before me?????

:) Match Warning is displayed when a match is found in the fingerprint Database :)
If you looked at the screen carefully, it has the areas of the matches circled in red.
(One of my fingers comes up with a match in 2 places - and I'm always told that 'its nothing' at the ASC. But once when I had my prints taken at the sheriffs dept (canadian Immigration), they told me what the deal was with these matches)

So now we need to ask whether the 'eczema' was really there or was it a 'home remedy' attempt to obfuscate your fingerprints so you could get citizenship (just kidding :D )

Last edited by a moderator:
:) Match Warning is displayed when a match is found in the fingerprint Database :)
If you looked at the screen carefully, it has the areas of the matches circled in red.
(One of my fingers comes up with a match in 2 places - and I'm always told that 'its nothing' at the ASC. But once when I had my prints taken at the sheriffs dept (canadian Immigration), they told me what the deal was with these matches)

So now we need to ask whether the 'eczema' was really there or was it a 'home remedy' attempt to obfuscate your fingerprints so you could get citizenship (just kidding :D )

I got a match warning aswell. The only time I was ever finger printed before this was for my Green card. So does this mean the match was with that set? If that's true, then shouldnt everyone with a GC based N-400 get a match warning?

Received email this morning..Case transferred for interview...(for me and my wife)
My oath eligibility is 2/7/2010 so hoping that the interview date falls on or after that date...

11/11/2009 -- Sent N400 (me and my wife) applications via Fedex to Phoenix
11/12/2009 -- Application received
11/18/2009 -- Checks cashed
11/20/2009 -- NOA received (PD= 11/16/2009)
11/23/2009 -- FP notice received
12/15/2009 -- FP appointment
12/07/2009 - Received Yellow Letter.. (Just mine).
12/31/2009 -- Email mssg: "case transferred for interview"..

Hmmmm

I called FBI yesterday and they said my fingerprints were rejected because they couldn't read them. :( And I don't think my 2nd appt will be any different. This is really new to me because I never had any issues like this in Dec '08 when I was doing FP for my 10 year green card. If my 2nd one gets rejected again, I'm thinking about going ahead and getting a police clearance from all the cities I've lived in for the past 5 years... grrrr.

Fp- match

Hi,

Is there an email or phone number to call FBI about the FP status?
TX

BTW, my FP was also coming with a "match" warning. The tech said that it was ok and he was doing it for 6 years. The match simply means that more than one of your fingers have a similar imprint.

It is an internal check for the computer to prevent the tech from FP the same finger twice.

Will I still get an interview?

So will I still get an interview if my 2nd FP gets rejected again? I have no idea how things will proceed from there... I mean I'm moving out of NY in late March and I have a very tight timeline.

So will I still get an interview if my 2nd FP gets rejected again? I have no idea how things will proceed from there... I mean I'm moving out of NY in late March and I have a very tight timeline.

Check FP threads in the citizenship forum; I personally have not had the experience but the forum says you gotta give clearence certificates from policE from every city you have lived in...

A

Received the Yellow letter and the Interview letter in mail today. Interview is scheduled for 2/3.

Received the Interview letter in mail today 01/02/2010. Interview is scheduled for 01/27/10.

DO: Miami
09/25/1998: GC
11/17/2009: Sent N400 to Lewisville TX.
11/18/2009: N400 Forwarded to Dallas, TX.
11/19/2009: N400 Received in Dallas.
11/27/2009: NOA received. Priority date 11/23/2009
12/04/2009: Email received- RFE
12/10/2009: FP letter received for 12/18/2009
12/18/2009: FP Done. It took less than 15 minutes.
12/29/2009: Email:"This case has been sent for a standard interview "
01/02/2010: Interview letter received.
01/27/2010: Interview Date

Got my interview letter today on Jan 02, 2010. Interview is on Jan 25th. Interesting to note that West Palm Beach is processing at the same rate as Miami.

Received email this morning..Case transferred for interview...(for me and my wife)
My oath eligibility is 2/7/2010 so hoping that the interview date falls on or after that date...

11/11/2009 -- Sent N400 (me and my wife) applications via Fedex to Phoenix
11/12/2009 -- Application received
11/18/2009 -- Checks cashed
11/20/2009 -- NOA received (PD= 11/16/2009)
11/23/2009 -- FP notice received
12/15/2009 -- FP appointment
12/07/2009 - Received Yellow Letter.. (Just mine).
12/31/2009 -- Email mssg: "case transferred for interview"..
02/04/2010 -- Interview scheduled.

Got the interview letter today...It is scheduled on 02/04/2010...i'm just 3 days off from the eligible ...well, overall i'm excited and happy..I know seattle does oaths every wednesday so i guess the oath will happen feb 10th.

Hey guys, can anybody please help me clear some things up? okay, i am any asylee who just got a yellow letter asking me to bring the disposal of my arrest in my country. but when i was arrest it was just to questioning me and i was then let go. what would i do?
please need any advise.

I am depressed! Seems like everyone got their interview letter except for me. Even others on Miami.

DO: Miami, FL
11-13-2009: N400 To Lewisville, TX
11-xx-2009: Money Order Cashed
11-27-2009: NOA Received
12-08-2009: FP Letter Received
12-18-2009: FP Date --DONE
12-18-2009: FP results came back from FBI --DONE
12-26-2008: Yellow Letter Received
xx-xx-xxxx: Interview Letter Received
xx-xx-xxxx: Interview Date
xx-xx-xxxx: Oath Letter Received
xx-xx-xxxx: Oath Date
Edit/Delete Message

Angola,

Just tell them the truth. They just wanna test your moral character, tell the truth and provide all records of evidence and you should be fine.