November 2009 family based filers, post here

Congrats to you!

Beyond letting me know the last time my case was touched, my online case status never changes and I have never received an email or mobile alert. :mad:

Same here. In the end patience pays i guess..

District Office - Albany, NY
11/04/09: Day 0 - Packet sent (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765) by USPS
11/05/09: Day 1 - Packet delivered
11/10/09: Day 6 - Received NOA
Case Status: Initial review
11/20/09: Day 16 - Received Notice for FP on 12/04
12/04/09 : Day 30: FP Done. I 765 touched
12/07/09 : Day 33: I 765 touched again
12/21/09 : Day 47: Received IL
01/25/10 : Day 82: Interview Date

Online status-based tracking looks unreliable to say the least. After my FP, I had no touch (LUD) on any of my cases online for about 3 weeks. I called up an immigration officer through the standard USCIS phone number, who told me they have problems with the updating software and some times no updates show up even though our files are being processed. On the same day, I received in mail an interview letter, I don't know if the immigration officer was even aware of the dispatched letter when she spoke to me. Bottom line, I think there is a reasonable degree of disconnect between the USCIS internal processing and the external update process.

Congrats to you!

Beyond letting me know the last time my case was touched, my online case status never changes and I have never received an email or mobile alert. :mad:

Bottom line, I think there is a reasonable degree of disconnect between the USCIS internal processing and the external update process.

That is to say the least. Online updates are really not the "latest" updates on your case. They are updated based on some batch processing rules and sometimes not all records get updated. There are other issues such as, not all IO's update the status online regularly. So, the online update is an add-on feature, never depend on it for up-to-the-minute updates (like you would on an online bank account :). Our I-130 application first appeared in the system after we received our approval letter. Just putting things in perspective.

Finally recieved FP notice on 12/22/09 for my mother. Notice Date on the receipt 12/15/2009 and FP Date is on 01/08/2010. No update online (FYI) still the same 11/20/09.

The FP office is in Fortworth which is 50 miles away from my home even though there is one closer to us in Dallas which is 15 miles away. This was the case at our USC process too....

So we went for a walk-in at Dallas office on 12/29/09 but they did not allow us, asked us to go to the specified FP location on the scheduled date. They said they do not do walk-in's........

Will wait till the scheduled date...not that far....

Good Luck to others who are waiting...

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010!!!!!!!!! TO ALL

Thanks, APRUSCIND

Happy new year everyone!
hopefully we will all receive our interview letters or eads this month! :)

Happy New Year to all!

Let's hope that those USCIS employees are back from the binge of holiday eating, drinking and partying and ready to do some real work and get some ILs and EADs processed!

Received my interview letter yesterday for Feb 2nd!

Joss - I'm afraid you're going to be my guinea pig, seeing as you have your interview at the same DO as me a few days before me, and you're also bringing your child like we are. :)

BTW, the IL says that DH needs to bring his birth certificate and also proof of his citizenship. He was born in NYC and has lived in the US all his life. He actually has never travelled outside the country and doesn't have a passport - what else will suffice to show his citizenship? Driving license? Social Security card?

Received my interview letter yesterday for Feb 2nd!

Joss - I'm afraid you're going to be my guinea pig, seeing as you have your interview at the same DO as me a few days before me, and you're also bringing your child like we are. :)

Congrats IRish Export!!!!

BTW, the IL says that DH needs to bring his birth certificate and also proof of his citizenship.

Congratulations ! I'm expecting my interview and I'm wondering do I have to bring my original birth certificate or notarized copy is enough? My husband is a USC. Thank You

BTW, the IL says that DH needs to bring his birth certificate and also proof of his citizenship. He was born in NYC and has lived in the US all his life. He actually has never travelled outside the country and doesn't have a passport - what else will suffice to show his citizenship? Driving license? Social Security card?

Is that a generic statement? I only sent in copy of passport information page when I sent in my I-130. However, I do have my original birth certificate locked up in a safe deposit box.

You said that your husband doesn't have a passport. Did he get an enhanced drivers license from NYS DMV? An enhance drivers license are accepted by CBP at land border crossings because it proves citizenship and identity.

Happy New Year 2010 for everyone!
I received interview notice just after Christmas
Now,I am starting to panic!!!!!
:eek:

Last edited by a moderator: