November 2009 family based filers, post here

Received FP for 12/21/09 but it was scheduled in another state by mistake (lawyer is in Florida, DO is Atlanta, GA). Will have to reschedule:(

Last edited by a moderator:
APRUSCIND/Resident1374,

Did you guys recieve your FP notice yet? I haven't recieved anything yet.

Thanks
Sandy

Nope. No FP yet.

I did call up USCIS and they told me call once 30 days has elapsed from the Notice Date i.e. notice date for me is Nov 17th. I will call on Dec 17th

I really should pe posting my status here instead of in Oct

Case status Last updated on 11/16. No EAD yet as of 12/9

I guess there are no updates about ead's yet for those that have had their fp.
Mine is this monday but getting the ead will probably take alot longer cuz of the rfes.

Hey guys, does a RFE delay issuance of EAD? Another thing, I'm in the Atlanta area and i've noticed that the process seems to move swiftly than other DO'S. Anybody else notice the same, or is it wishful thinking on my part?

I-30

I am US citizen and I had filed I-130 for my both parents and two brothers (four I-30 form) in April 09. My younger brother is 20 year old. Will he get visa with my mom or not?
I had received letter for Affidavit of Support for mom and dad couple days ago.
If my younger brother is able to get visa with my mom since he is under 21 when i-30 was approved for my mom. Should I put his name on I-864 with mom or not ?

I wish so badly to be wrong :)

I'll keep you posted but I looked on the October thread and looks like if you go on the requested appointing date then you get EAD approved almost the same day.

I guess there is a trigger somewhere there to 'wake-up' the processing on the real FP date.

My real FP date come soon (12.10.09). I'll be able to prove my theory then.

Again, I could be wrong ;)

I'm with you, going earlier for fingerprints won't speed up the process.... besides if you aren't lucky you could get someone mad and your process could get delayed... I wouldnt waist my time doing it. If you guys read earlier filers and checked timelines you will see, the ones who do it earlier, actually don' get it for like a month, and the ones who go on the appoinment date like me got it in about 2 weeks or less.
Good Luck to you all!

I guess there are no updates about ead's yet for those that have had their fp.
Mine is this monday but getting the ead will probably take alot longer cuz of the rfes.

RFE wont make your process any longer if you sent back right away, dont worry!

Also, no FP until now and last update online was 11/25/09
Any thoughts why the FP is taking so long???

Nov 30th NOAs received (Notice of Action is your receipt/letter that you received after you filed your forms)
next??

Also, no FP until now and last update online was 11/25/09
Any thoughts why the FP is taking so long???

Nov 30th NOAs received (Notice of Action is your receipt/letter that you received after you filed your forms)
next??

Tell me about it. My NOAs are dated 11/16 and no FP notice yet.

Saw another update on my wife's case, 130, 131 and 765 updated with todays date 12/14, not sure what it means though

I did recieve my FP today. It was dated 11/25 and received it today on the day of interview. Yes!!! You read it correct. I recieved the letter on the day of interview. It came late because of my recent address change and mail wa s not getting properly forwarded. Anyways I had to rush to get my FP done. Finally it was done. Updating my Signature.

FP done today! A lot of drama with our car brakes going and DH being called to work. So I had to get a cab to Albany and back - $260, but at least it's done now.