November - 2004 CSC Trackers - Concurrent Filing

Hi My_PR,

your dates are pretty close to mine. I just checked my case numbers. No LUD's. Lets hope they received your name check results hence the update.

Lets keep posting our experiences. Keeps this wait a bit interesting. :)

SunnyCal

Check this post....

So is this going to affect us next, after we clear our name check?

Last edited by a moderator:
How long more? Seems all november guys are approved?

I don't see much activity in this section from my November batch.
It seems most from Nov are approved, is it? or may be very few left.
I need to know how many are left waiting for their approvals. It will givem me some sense of where i stand. I am getting impatient now. especially now 'coz i am going to india in two weeks. I'll have to use AP for this travel. Is there any catch in using AP? do i need to check with my expensive attorney? Guys please speak up. gimme some advice.

I140/I485 2-NOV-04
I140 AD 23-MAR-05
I485 RFE (Employment verification to my employer, response received on 17th JUN05)

I'm monitoring a small I-485 samples with RD 11/18/2004. Only 11 out of 47 case are approved. That is to say, 23% I-485 cases have been processed. And this is so call DONE by USCIS. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Endless_Wait said:
I don't see much activity in this section from my November batch.
It seems most from Nov are approved, is it? or may be very few left.
I need to know how many are left waiting for their approvals. It will givem me some sense of where i stand. I am getting impatient now. especially now 'coz i am going to india in two weeks. I'll have to use AP for this travel. Is there any catch in using AP? do i need to check with my expensive attorney? Guys please speak up. gimme some advice.

I140/I485 2-NOV-04
I140 AD 23-MAR-05
I485 RFE (Employment verification to my employer, response received on 17th JUN05)

Nov 4th RD still waiting

My I-485 RD is 04-November.
There has been no update at all on my case till now. The last LUD was somewhere in March, when they issued an RFE for my I-140.
The I-140 has been approved, but nothing known abt I-485.

I had called the 1-800 number to enquire and the snail-mail reply was that my application is undergoing routine system checks...

There does not seem to be any catch in using the AP. It will not invalidate your existing H1/L1 status.
My attorney has given me the go-ahead to travel with AP, provided I re-enter the country before the AP-expiry date.

gcsfo

My online status shows as transferred to Phoenix in Feb. I went to phoenix office this week and was told that CSC is handling the case. I mentioned about the online status and that my attorney had received letter regarding transfer to phoenix. The officer wasn't sure what was going on with my case. She said there's a note about information request from other office and but no details.
I had changed address in Feb, may be that's what transferred my cases to different offices. Funny thing was my current address was listed only on AP. Other cases had my old address.

My I-140 stuck after CIS received RFE reply on June 8.
My I-485 stuck due to FBI name check. Asked CIS when the name check was initiated. They said they did not have this information on their computer.
I'm Ukrainian but was born in Egypt (what an irony ;) ) thus I'm a subject to USCIS "special registration". I guess that's where my problems start.

I-140, I-485 RD: 11/12/2004
I-140, I-485 ND: 11/18/2004

Received FP notice

After a long wait received FP notices for myself and spouse. Do not know whether Name Check is yet cleared or not. Last time when laywer contacted USCIS thru email, came to know about pending name check.

no news on I485 in quite some time

Guys,

Are all November applicants approved? I dont see many in this thread. I gues only a couple of unlucky guys like me.

I have just returned from to US after vacations. I used AP to get in. My 485 is still stuck. I don't know where. I had done one inquiry myself i guess there was a RFE after that which we replied immediately... still no action.

What shall i do now. Should i do another enquiry myself or should i ask my expensive attorney to do so? Is it any better if attorneys does it?

And should this enquiry be done on the emergency number or the the reqular number? Please advise and share your experiences.

Here is my case history:

Category: EB2
I140/485: RD 2-NOV-04, Notice Date 8-NOV-04
I-140: 14-DEC-04: RFE on ability to pay, 24-MAR-05: Approved
I-485: FP received: 12-JAN-05, RFE response received on 17-JUN-05. No action after that??

I am in the samilar situation also...... Concurrent submitted 140/485 in November 04. I-140 approved in early May. The last I-485 updated in April, 05. I sent a inquiry to USCIS and they responded in letter said that " name checking is my current status" in July. But no update for the inquiry date.

Current status: Don't know what to do next and don't know when we can get over the last obstacle.

Tlbb,
I did not get any response to the phone inquiry i did.
Did you do that inquiry or it was your attorney?

tlbb said:
I am in the samilar situation also...... Concurrent submitted 140/485 in November 04. I-140 approved in early May. The last I-485 updated in April, 05. I sent a inquiry to USCIS and they responded in letter said that " name checking is my current status" in July. But no update for the inquiry date.

Current status: Don't know what to do next and don't know when we can get over the last obstacle.

I called the UCCIS 800 number by myself. The staff said I will receive something in 30 days, but the letter came around 45-60 days after I made the call. So you may have to wait a bit longer to see the response.

tlbb,
it seems there are not many guys waiting like us. Most of them are approved.
--
I'll wait for another 15 days for inquiry response, although its already been about 75 days since.
--

tlbb said:
I called the UCCIS 800 number by myself. The staff said I will receive something in 30 days, but the letter came around 45-60 days after I made the call. So you may have to wait a bit longer to see the response.

Nov 4th-2004 I-1485 RD ......still waiting

Endless_wait,

You have plenty of company.
I am still waiting for I-485 to be approved. My dates are the same as tlbb.
The last status I have on my case is that it is undergoing name-checks/detailed security checks etc.

I am travelling out of the country today and will be returning using AP.
Did you face any problems ? What documents did they ask for in the POE ?

Thanks
gcsfo

so that makes 3 of us from November month waiting for their 485 approvals:
1. Endless_Wait
2. tlbb
3. gcsfo
-------------------------

gcsfo,
I used AP for returning back to US and it was simple. There is a seperate immigration window for AP guys and there is now line...so no waiting time. The officer took my AP, Passport, boarding pass. Asked me my social security number, fathers name and mothers name and thats it.

gcsfo said:
Endless_wait,

You have plenty of company.
I am still waiting for I-485 to be approved. My dates are the same as tlbb.
The last status I have on my case is that it is undergoing name-checks/detailed security checks etc.

I am travelling out of the country today and will be returning using AP.
Did you face any problems ? What documents did they ask for in the POE ?

Thanks
gcsfo

Thanks for the info, Endless_wait.

I received two original APs from USCIS. Do I need to carry both on my way back ?
I left one in the US, so I was wondering whether I should ask my wife to post it to me in India.

Also, did the immigration authorities in the Indian exit airport take away one of the AP originals when we return ?
I was browsing the Net and saw something to that effect. Is that true ?
I will be flying out of Kolkata.

Thirdly, did the US POE immigration officer stamp your original AP and return it to you ? Or do they take one original for their records and return the other stamped original to you ?

Fourthly, how long do they stamp the parole for ? Is it one year from the date of entry ?

Thanks
gcsfo

Endless_Wait said:
so that makes 3 of us from November month waiting for their 485 approvals:
1. Endless_Wait
2. tlbb
3. gcsfo
-------------------------

gcsfo,
I used AP for returning back to US and it was simple. There is a seperate immigration window for AP guys and there is now line...so no waiting time. The officer took my AP, Passport, boarding pass. Asked me my social security number, fathers name and mothers name and thats it.

gcsfo,
When you enter US, the immigration officer will keep one copy and give you the other one after stamp on it. That means you need to have both the original copies in hand.

In India, they will look at the AP documents but will give it back to you.

Make sure you have both copies in hand when you get back to USA.

========================

gcsfo said:
Thanks for the info, Endless_wait.

I received two original APs from USCIS. Do I need to carry both on my way back ?
I left one in the US, so I was wondering whether I should ask my wife to post it to me in India.

Also, did the immigration authorities in the Indian exit airport take away one of the AP originals when we return ?
I was browsing the Net and saw something to that effect. Is that true ?
I will be flying out of Kolkata.

Thirdly, did the US POE immigration officer stamp your original AP and return it to you ? Or do they take one original for their records and return the other stamped original to you ?

Fourthly, how long do they stamp the parole for ? Is it one year from the date of entry ?

Thanks
gcsfo