Nov/Dec concurrent filers

Dear new_friend,
Also...INS local office will charge you same amount what we paid while applying I-765 and the iEAD is not valid for a full year. Its valid for 180 days or 240 days...can't recall.

I thought we'll go for iEAD for my wife, this week. Dropped the idea as she will not need it for next two months and don't want to go to INS office in early morning (no appoints at our local office), take a ticket and wait until your turn comes...:) !!.

Also considered Dependent's suggestion to wait for some more time for regular EAD. For him it took longer too...!!

GoodLuck !!

Originally posted by needhelp1
New_friend,
Once you get Interim EAD from the Local INS office, your regular EAD application will be stopped as the local INS informs the INS service center that you have been already issued an EAD. And the 90 days is calender days from the Notice date of EAD application, not business days.

Hope this helps.
Needhelp1

Last edited by a moderator:
sanga and Folks!!
A freind of mine has come across pecular problem..He did not apply for his wife H4 when his was extending his h1 Visa but both his and his wifes passport has been got stamped with new visa at st.louis office........now the problem is his wife I-94 has been expired last october and she don't have Current I-94(since he did not apply for h4)......Now he is planning to apply for 485, his lawyer pointed out and asked him do somthing get curent -I-94.........
Someone suggested him to get out of the country and re enter again so that they get the new I-94 so he decided visit canada and get new I_94.....BUT BUT BUT BUT canada visa has been rejected coz no current I-94...now what are the other possibilties than applying for new H4 and get I_94.....any thoughts or suggetions are appriciated

No Idea...!!

Its very interesting and on the same token looks sesitive. Yes it might have worked if they got canadian visa, as she might have got new I-94 at POE while returning. Its very unfortunate Canada has rejected the visa. Have no idea what else could be done but for applying H4. Better to talk to a nice lawyer... May be ask Jim. He got his own site and forums where you could get quicker response. She can have a trip to home country, but could be very expensive.

I thought that dependents need to have their new H4 extention to get the visa stamping from St. Louis !!. I did it that way for my wife (sent to St Louis for stamping, only after H4 is extended and I-94 is issued with it.)

Good Luck !!

Originally posted by dependent
sanga and Folks!!
A freind of mine has come across pecular problem..He did not apply for his wife H4 when his was extending his h1 Visa but both his and his wifes passport has been got stamped with new visa at st.louis office........now the problem is his wife I-94 has been expired last october and she don't have Current I-94(since he did not apply for h4)......Now he is planning to apply for 485, his lawyer pointed out and asked him do somthing get curent -I-94.........
Someone suggested him to get out of the country and re enter again so that they get the new I-94 so he decided visit canada and get new I_94.....BUT BUT BUT BUT canada visa has been rejected coz no current I-94...now what are the other possibilties than applying for new H4 and get I_94.....any thoughts or suggetions are appriciated

Its my time for EAD/AP ... Due for long time :)

EAD and AP are approved for both of us, me and spouse. Had been kind of little nervous, not knowing why VSC hasn't approved our 1/25 ND cases while they are approving some March cases. VSC has updated the processing dates of EAD to 3/4/03.

Eventually we got the approvals. Wait will continue for I-140.

Have checked phone system casually and it played it nicely. On-line system is not updated yet and is still shows good old message... Received....will take ...days etc.,

Details in Signature. Also updated spread sheet.

Good Luck !!

Re: Hey, Sanga

The numbers for all service centers will be on the page you get as a result of on-line case status query. For VSC (802) 527-4913

Good Luck.
Originally posted by eyeonGC
Would you please share the phone # for updating system with me, thank you very much!

Hello folks:

I applied I-140 in last week of November and got RFE in Feb 28. I replied in 10 days and online also says BCIS received in March 14.

How long BCIS takes to approve RFE I140? Do you have any idea?

Thx
esskaybos

Advice required

Friends,

I would like to have clarification from anyone of you on my case .

I send my applications I/140/765/485 to VSC on 12/05/02 .
VSC received on 12/06. My case is LC substitution

Receipt date: 09/12/02 of all applications
Notice date: 01/27/03 of all applications

But the online status shows that VSC received my application on 01/27, which is my notice date. Than what is the relevance of the receipt date? How should I calculate the processing time? From which date I should calculate? i.e. ND or RD.
Kindly advice.

Also, I called the NSC number: 1-800-375-5283, since VSC telephone numbers are always busy. The operator is very co-operative (may be I was lucky) and according her I should consider my receipt date to calculate processing time. She said that I can send an official enquiry through CSC internal tracking system to VSC since my 1-765 is due over 90 days meanwhile I can apply for interium EAD from the local office. And she was willing to send the enquiry .

I asked her not do so since i thought I will wait for a week since I am not sure on the dates. Just wanted to share my experience with you all and take your suggestions.

EAD approved!!!

EAD is approved for me and my spause online !!!

Any idea how many more days it will take for us to get the card ?

RD : 01\17\03
ND :02\06\03
EAD Approved : 04\10\03
AP :??
I140 : ??

Still waiting for AP and I140 approval .

Thanks
New_firend .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

Mine has been wrongly updated in this list, I have not received any approval, still waiting........

ge_ja

Hello folks:

I applied I-140 in last week of November and got RFE in Feb 28. I replied in 10 days and online also says BCIS received in March 14.

How long BCIS takes to approve RFE I140? Do you have any idea?

Thx
esskaybos

any more news

Hi,

Have everyone got their I-40, AP and EAD approved ? This thread is silent and i thought I will post to encourage any news from people applied during the same period.

I have completed FP and have got my EAD and AP. So it is a long wait till I-485 gets approved.

happyperson

I-140 approved

Hi All,

My I-140 has been approved on 04/22
Yet to receive the approval notice by mail but the online status showed that it has been approved.

Still waiting for EAD and 485 approval

Details: I-40/485/765 concurrent filing

MD: 12/05/02
RD: 12/09/02
ND: 01/27/03

I-40- approved :04/22
FP: done: 03/01
485: waiting
EAD: waiting
AP: not applied

Best luck to all

New member-- Filed GC in April

Hi Friends,

My Company attorney filed I-140,I-485 , EAD, Travel documents on behalf of me and my family on April10 and waiting to receive the reciept numbers.

If any one around these date have any information about the FP etc., Please reply to this mail.

I believe this thread works for April Month filing members too, please correct me if I am wrong and needs to be posted at different thread.

Hi sanga,newfriend,dependent,vyle,gccouple and needhelp1,

EAD is approved for me and my spouse in online !!!

On April 15, 2003, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready. How long does it take to receive card physically, any idea, since you guys already crossed this stage.....

thanks,
ge_ja

Congratulations

Congratulations!! ge_ja

You should be getting the card in a weeks time .

I have a question did any one of you applied for SSN for your spouse after getting the EAD card ?
How many days does it take get the SSN card ?

Thanks for any reply
New_Friend.

It took about 2 weeks for my Wife

Hi New_friend,

It took about 2 weeks for my Wife.

Thanks.

My 140 has been approved.

Here is the info.

MD : 11/21/2002
RD : 11/22/2002
ND : 11/27/2002
RFE : 02/28/2003