• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Notification of DV application entry

Bunty2772

Registered Users (C)
I applied for the DV 2006 for my brother using the online system. At the end of the application, a pop-up notifed me of the successful entry of the application. But I do not remember receiving any confirmation e-mail from the DV system? Is that such a thing as a confirmation receipt that is sent by mail once the application is accepted? How do you verify if the application was actually entered into the system? Thank you for the clarification.

no such thing as an email confirmation. There is no way to check whether you were entered.

LucyMO said:
no such thing as an email confirmation. There is no way to check whether you were entered.

Actually, I did get confirmation email for all entries (myself, wife, brothers) I've made.

did you apply yourself at the government website? or through a middle-man company?

if through the department of state website, you wouldn't get any emails. If through a company - you might.

LucyMO said:
did you apply yourself at the government website? or through a middle-man company?

if through the department of state website, you wouldn't get any emails. If through a company - you might.

LucyMO, you are right. I just copied the confirmation page and I sent it to my brother. That's why I thought that I got e-mail.

Thanks for correcting me.

Dariusz

Last edited by a moderator:
LucyMO said:

Thank you for the clarification LucyMO. So, does this mean there is no way to know if your application was rejected? That is so very weird.

Bunty2772 said:
I applied for the DV 2006 for my brother using the online system. At the end of the application, a pop-up notifed me of the successful entry of the application. But I do not remember receiving any confirmation e-mail from the DV system? Is that such a thing as a confirmation receipt that is sent by mail once the application is accepted? How do you verify if the application was actually entered into the system? Thank you for the clarification.
Your verification was the successful entry notice that you got after submitting your application. You should have printed it out or e-mailed it to your brother.