Notice to Appear and EAD Clock

@BetterWorld By the court. I picked up the NTA in the asylum office together with the decision. And It looks like the asylum office was too optimistic with the MCH date provided in the NTA. In my opinion, they are doing their best to push you to the Individual hearing before the 150 days of EAD clock are gone. But apparently, the backlog in court is too big to make it happen that fast.
May I ask in which state are you? I have the same situation as you. I was interviewed by the AO last May 10 and I got the decision last July 20, my case was refered to the immigration Judge. NTA says I need to appear on the court on September 12.

Last edited:
May I ask in which state are you? I have the same situation as you. I was interviewed by the AO last May 10 and I got the decision last July 20, my case was refered to the immigration Judge. NTA says I need to appear on the court on September 12.
Good Luck !!

Pls update us afterwards...

Wow. How was your court hearing today?

Hi, i got my decision from AO and it has been referred to court and they give me NTA of January 2020. The reason is material inconsistencies. Can someone help me like how to overcome these inconsistencies in court before the judge. Because there is no other explanation that i gave to AO. I think this MCH will go further because its still not updated in the EOIR system when i call to check the toll free number.

You might have another MCH if you decide to go alone on this first one without a lawyer, individual hearing will be in a few years depending on the judge's calendar. So chill and get a lawyer two of you will sort it out.
Good luck

You might have another MCH if you decide to go alone on this first one without a lawyer, individual hearing will be in a few years depending on the judge's calendar. So chill and get a lawyer two of you will sort it out.
Good luck
Thanks Kene
I have lawyer and we will go together. But i heard sometimes this NTA is not final and it gets changed.

Hi, i got my decision from AO and it has been referred to court and they give me NTA of January 2020. The reason is material inconsistencies. Can someone help me like how to overcome these inconsistencies in court before the judge. Because there is no other explanation that i gave to AO. I think this MCH will go further because its still not updated in the EOIR system when i call to check the toll free number.
I suggest that you make sure with your lawyer to get the individual hearing scheduled during your MCH. Don’t settle for another MCH. You will have a few years which is more than enough for you and your lawyer to sort things out while waiting for the individual hearing.

I wasted about 10 months for a second MCH because I didn’t have a lawyer. I got my individual hearing which is 4 years ahead. Just ask the judge to schedule your individual hearing!

I suggest that you make sure with your lawyer to get the individual hearing scheduled during your MCH. Don’t settle for another MCH. You will have a few years which is more than enough for you and your lawyer to sort things out while waiting for the individual hearing.

I wasted about 10 months for a second MCH because I didn’t have a lawyer. I got my individual hearing which is 4 years ahead. Just ask the judge to schedule your individual hearing!

Thanks CWH
for sharing your experience. I think you can apply for motion to advance to get early hearing. Which state you’re in ?