Notice to Appear and EAD Clock

Hi
I applied in November 2019 got the acknowledgement letter December 2019 biometrics January 2020 then interview on the 23rd January, when i check my status is shows status pending but the clock has stopped counting at 66 it has been a week now.

Should i be worried or it's just a error?
It means nothing mine is stuck at 67 for last three weeks and even their timeline of events doesn't match. I believe its just the glitch in the system or they are just busy and forgot to update it.

Any update
Just an update, I called 800-375-5283 and try all the options until I was connected to an agent. The agent took my zip code and use it to provide me my local asylum office. I call the local asylum office but they said i can only send emails. I sent an email and got a reply after 4 days that my clock is currently running and it is 194 days and that I can apply for EAD.

Can you share the email with me please? I applied to SFO and need their email address.
Just an update, I called 800-375-5283 and try all the options until I was connected to an agent. The agent took my zip code and use it to provide me my local asylum office. I call the local asylum office but they said i can only send emails. I sent an email and got a reply after 4 days that my clock is currently running and it is 194 days and that I can apply for EAD.

You are lucky then. They don't advice e mails because of confidentiality they prefare posted mails, I was told to send mail to my asylum office. Hoping to reapply soonest.

Regardless of the confusion in the dates, the material fact is that the AO has referred your case to IJ. EOIR lawyers, even the IJ are also confused by the dates right now, like you.

Practical steps you can take:

1. Go to the clerk of court (where your case will be heard, or should have been heard). The clerk of court has all the information you need! She (she is usually a she, from my experience), has the most up to date information about your case. She is the one who enters that information into the phone system (the one you are calling).

2. Based on the outcome from your discussion with the clerk of court, a) you will get a new court date (yep, clerk of court schedules them), and b) find a pro bono lawyer fast. If the court date (master calendar hearing) is months away, sweet, then you guys (you and your lawyer) have lots of time to prepare your case. However, if there is no time, no problem. Show up for the hearing with your lawyer, and request a continuance (danger: the judge can re-reschedule the case several months in the future if you guys ask for a continuance)....its a 5 minute process to ask for this.

I went through the court system. If you stay on top of their requeriments, it's no big deal. Follow their dates, etc. However, failure to comply with their dates/requests, EOIR lawyers win the case uncontested and the judge can enter a deportation order. My advice is do not call them, go and hang out with the clerk of court to find everything about your case. EOIR lawyers count on you being confused about the system to win ( = get you deported), however, if you show up for all the hearings, and you put some kind of documents together with your lawyer arguing your case, probability of winning is very very high.

PS: EOIR lawyers, like public defenders, are handling large amounts of cases...they usually have no time to fight you if you put together a coherent case.
PSS: IJs have huge backlogs, they hear up to 10 cases a day. Again, as long as you put together a coherent case (supporting letters, supporting evidence, clear concise story about your situation), they will grant it. They have no time to dig into details.

Good luck.
I didn’t know EOIR have lawyer acting against alien in removal proceedings before an immigration judge but as I know it’s DHS attorney

hello everyone,
I just checked my case status, its still showing decision pending but before it was showing number of days it was pending for but now its not showing any days at all.
any clue what is going on?
My case was pending for almost 1600 days from the day I filed (mid 2015).
first and only interview with AO on November 2019.
no decision yet!
Please help with some information.

hello everyone,
I just checked my case status, its still showing decision pending but before it was showing number of days it was pending for but now its not showing any days at all.
any clue what is going on?
My case was pending for almost 1600 days from the day I filed (mid 2015).
first and only interview with AO on November 2019.
no decision yet!
Please help with some information.
USCIS made some changes on their website, now it's not showing the days anymore, you are not the only one it affects everyone who has their decision pending

Anyone has experience with a Master hearing in Seattle recently please share~~ I got the letter on 10/05/2020 and my court date is for 10/29/2020. but my name is not listed in their court schedule according to my lawyer. I'm confused and worried at the same time because it is too close.

Thank you all!

My EAD clock jumped from 100 days to 500 days from last 3 days, clock still running, what does it mean?

Last edited:
Thanks, but my EAD clock is working fine now.
Although my time line was
01/15/2021 case was submitted
03/04/2021 biometrics
03/18/2021 interview
Newark, Manhattan New York office
Great @A3323
Looks like NY office working at normal capacity. Ppl are getting interview pretty fast...How long its taking nowadays to get the interview?