Notice of Approval and message-- PLEASE ADVISE

rxaxhxuxl2000

Registered Users (C)
I received my notice of approval in mail today from CSC and it read the following:

COA: E26
We must complete the process to issue your permanent resident card (I-551). Please make an Infopass appointment to visit your local office. When you arrive, your fingerprint and signature will be taken for processing of your premanent resident card.

I did all this in March 2005 and I am not sure why this is being asked again. Any thoughts gurus? Arizonian?

Thanks in advance!

To my knowledge if you have done your finger prints in Code 2 then they would ask you to take an Infopass appointment. I have taken the infopass appointment in late June and got my fingerprint amd signature taken at the INS office. Its a normal procedure nothing worry about .... Hope this helps...

rxaxhxuxl2000 said:
Thanks Ravichand. But do you know why its taken? And how long it will take to get the card?
They will only take your Index finger print and your signature, it will appear on your card. For your Infopass appointment they will also request you to bring two passport size photographs. If you have done your finger printing in code 3 then you dont have to go for the infopass appointment ... as they would directly mail you the card.

It took about one month after the infopass appointment for me to get the card. Hope this helps....

Thanks. I just checked my finger print notices and there is no code. How do i find out that code? Sorry to be such a pain.

rxaxhxuxl2000 said:
Thanks. I just checked my finger print notices and there is no code. How do i find out that code? Sorry to be such a pain.
------------ if your photographs was not taken at the time of fingerprint then take infopass with local office take your passport, approval notice and 2 passport photographs so that they can take your index finger print and signature on white form and then they will send the white form to your service center to make a card for you.

rxaxhxuxl2000 said:
My FP notice didnt have any code either, but I saw my friend has "CODE 2" mentioned on his notice ... I guess all the notices dont say what code are we going to be finger printed. I dont know how you can tell in what code you did the FP ... may be some can asnwer your question

approval notice

I got the same message as yours. I went along with 2 photos, with an infopass appt. The officer took the notice, I94s, photos and also asked for the EADs and APs which was not mentioned in the notice. Then he took my signature and index fingerprint (the ink pad- not digital). After that passport was stamped and I am now officially a PR. Have to get the card in the mail.
Very simple procedure.
Good luck!
pn

FP code

You can find out your code from the form that the ASC FP office asks you to fill out when you went for FP. At the bottom of the form are different options, that the they circle when FP is done.

eb3 or eb2?

rxaxhxuxl2000 and pnayar

Are your cases EB3?... I heard even If i take Infopass appt, they will not stamp the passport if its eb3?? true?

Mine is eb3 case and got approved recently. Not sure whether to go for stamping or not..

Thanks in advance.
Laks

rxaxhxuxl2000 said:
I received my notice of approval in mail today from CSC and it read the following:

COA: E26
We must complete the process to issue your permanent resident card (I-551). Please make an Infopass appointment to visit your local office. When you arrive, your fingerprint and signature will be taken for processing of your premanent resident card.

I did all this in March 2005 and I am not sure why this is being asked again. Any thoughts gurus? Arizonian?

Thanks in advance!

rxaxhxuxl2000, sorry I was out for some time. Probably just another one of USCIS goof ups. My first fingerprinting was in 2004, and the notice did not mention any codes. The second one was more recent, in 2005 and was a code 2. They will need biometrics for ordering your card. Routine. Nothing to worry about. You are officially a permanent resident the day your I-485 is approved. The rest is just proof that you are. So relax and do what your notice says. The card should not be long, but either way it does not matter.

me_srilakshmi said:
rxaxhxuxl2000 and pnayar

Are your cases EB3?... I heard even If i take Infopass appt, they will not stamp the passport if its eb3?? true?

Mine is eb3 case and got approved recently. Not sure whether to go for stamping or not..

Thanks in advance.
Laks

Not true. One is a PR the day a 485 is approved. The stamping is just a temporary proof that you are a PR. They cannot refuse that. Do you know someone personally or is it one of those urban immigration myths?