• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Not living in country of birth

EUcase

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys!

I got selected in the 2014 lottery.

A question: I was born in Sweden (and am a Swedish citizen), however, I reside in a different country, in a major city, in the European Union.

I am sending in my papers to Kentucky tomorrow.

Is my living in a different country, and asking to do the interview here, instead of in Sweden, going to have any kind of a negative impact on my case? I could go do it in Sweden, but it would be a lot of traveling for me...

Thanks!

You do not have to ask. Prefferable on default it is your country of permanent residence, where you have the interview

It gives you a choice, there are hundreds of people having interviews in countries other than their country of birth. You can have interview in the nearest embassy where they do DV interviews.

Hi guys!

I got selected in the 2014 lottery.

A question: I was born in Sweden (and am a Swedish citizen), however, I reside in a different country, in a major city, in the European Union.

I am sending in my papers to Kentucky tomorrow.

Is my living in a different country, and asking to do the interview here, instead of in Sweden, going to have any kind of a negative impact on my case? I could go do it in Sweden, but it would be a lot of traveling for me...

Thanks!

Short and direct answer to your question: No, having your interview in your current country of residence will not negatively impact your interview. The interview doesn't have to be in your country of birth, if you're no longer residing there.