Not changing job after H1 Transfer approved

senses1980

Registered Users (C)
I am with Company A. I got an offer from Company B and they have already filed for my H1B transfer through Premium processing. Now my questions are...

1. If the transfer is approved is it mandatory that I have to work for Company B or can I decide not to work for Company B and just stay with Company A. Will the H1 need to be transfered back to Company A or no need.

2. They say USCIS will normally have 14 days to approve the H1B Transfer via Premium Processing. Will they really take 14 days or will it be approved in a week. what is the usual time frame on average. The previous 2 H1B transfers I did through PP got approved in just 4 to 6 business days once I received the Receipt.

1. You have to withdraw the transfer, otherwise you are no longer allowed to work for A.

2. Yes, its usually quite a bit shorter than 14 days.

Thanks for the reply....couple more questions though

1. When you say I will have to withdrw the new transfer how can I do it and who has to do it. Will my current company (Company A) will come to know about this. Can I do this without making them know about this.

2. What happens if the H1B Transfer is not approved....will I loose my current H1B also. Lets say if the transfer is denied...does this effect me in any way.