Not Approved or Denied

Manlika2004

Registered Users (C)
I was not approved but was not denied at my interview. Has this happened to any of you? Were you later approved? Denied? How long did it take to get resolution?

I was not approved but was not denied at my interview. Has this happened to any of you? Were you later approved? Denied? How long did it take to get resolution?
If you give the froum some detail about your interview, Someone might see the problem and outcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
im going through this now..i was said to be approved by the officer who took my interview but when i last checked on my case by phone they said the decision hasnt been made its pending not approved yet..what the heck happened and how long is it going pending?? I dont know!!! actually no one knows its obvious..so you are going to have to wait to see what happenes

same issue with me

I just went to my Interview yesterday and I have a very straightforward case, not divorce, no citations/tickets, etc. But to my dismay the IO told me to wait for the decision in the mail and I passed the test. :confused:

I am being paranoid and I tried to check the status of my case online and I got this:

Validation Error(s)

You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

* Case Status Retrieval Failed
* The status for this Receipt Number is incomplete at this time in this
automated system and can not be displayed. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

Now I am confused! That this means my case is closed already? :( Help!!!

------------------------------
My Timeline:
07/14/08 N-400
08/13/08 FP
10/03/08 Interview ***Not Denied/Not Approved***

My Timeline:
07/14/08 N-400
08/13/08 FP
10/03/08 Interview ***Not Denied/Not Approved***[/QUOTE]

I have never been able to check my case on-line. I don't know why but some cases never get entered.

what is everyone talking about? its a decision in the mail why cant you guys wait lol not like they said you are denied..wait and see what happenes whats so difficult.. i've read on this site people who are approved wait for oath months after all you guys are in the decision mode..I have the same situation as you ..but i understand you just gotta wait sometimes to find out whats the outcome.

Wait patience is a virtue

I my experience Decsion cannot be made is good than a written decsion will be mailed to you.
Most of the time either an A file is missing or needs supervisory approval in this order
Adjudication Officer's
District Director or Officer-in-Charge

I am not a Lawyer use this information at your own risk

Aftewr I was approved at interview, it took about a week to be final approval from supervisorofficer. This is the last step before one is put in queue for an oath ceremony.

The supervisor or another officer verifies that the officer who interviewed you did not overlook at something.

Perhaps I am not being clear. The IO did not like the fact that I left the country AT ALL and I am sure he wanted to deny me. He intends to check all the entry and exit stamps in my passport and try to find that I was out too long or too many times. I am not concerned about waiting for a decision, although I had hoped to be approved and on my way to voting and a passport. I am only trying to find out from someone on the board what is the best course of action if I am denied.

a writen decision will be mailed to you, a decision cannot be made sounds the same except a decision cannot be made is the last option on the paper..either way you could call and check whats the update on the case..but then again why not just wait its been a few days, the best option is wait the full time needed to re-apply..dont waste your time fighting it you wont win..i had my interview last week they checked the decision will be mailed to you box..the IO looked like she would beat me down when she asked about my travel..she said we will mail you oath in one week but when i called they said it hasnt had the final approval.what else is there you can do but wait like the rest of everyone.

Hey there, try not to worry :)

The online case status gizmo is a crap shoot, I completed my citizenship over 2 weeks ago and in still says that my case is still at the service center awaiting approval :eek: You could take a positive approach and assume that all is well and you were approved later that day and are just waiting on your oath letter...

As for your interview, its quite normal for the IO to tell you that a decision will be mailed to you. Some get lucky and get told that not only are they approved but get their oath the same day, it just depends on the DO, the time of the interview and the IO. I do understand that this a stressful experience, but try not to stress to much and it will all be alright in the end :)

Weston.

I just went to my Interview yesterday and I have a very straightforward case, not divorce, no citations/tickets, etc. But to my dismay the IO told me to wait for the decision in the mail and I passed the test. :confused:

I am being paranoid and I tried to check the status of my case online and I got this:

Validation Error(s)

You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

* Case Status Retrieval Failed
* The status for this Receipt Number is incomplete at this time in this
automated system and can not be displayed. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

My Timeline:
07/14/08 N-400
08/13/08 FP
10/03/08 Interview ***Not Denied/Not Approved***

Interesting theory, I have been here since 99 and have only left once in all that time and that was forced by bereavement (sp)... :(

Try and stay positive, getting a time frame for how long it takes to get a decision letter can vary greatly, but I do believe that USCIS has to make a decision within 120 days from the interview date.

Most likely all will be well and you will get an oath letter soon,

Good luck :)

Weston

Perhaps I am not being clear. The IO did not like the fact that I left the country AT ALL and I am sure he wanted to deny me. He intends to check all the entry and exit stamps in my passport and try to find that I was out too long or too many times. I am not concerned about waiting for a decision, although I had hoped to be approved and on my way to voting and a passport. I am only trying to find out from someone on the board what is the best course of action if I am denied.

Update about my case

Hey there, try not to worry :)

The online case status gizmo is a crap shoot, I completed my citizenship over 2 weeks ago and in still says that my case is still at the service center awaiting approval :eek: You could take a positive approach and assume that all is well and you were approved later that day and are just waiting on your oath letter...

As for your interview, its quite normal for the IO to tell you that a decision will be mailed to you. Some get lucky and get told that not only are they approved but get their oath the same day, it just depends on the DO, the time of the interview and the IO. I do understand that this a stressful experience, but try not to stress to much and it will all be alright in the end :)

Weston.

Today, I got my Oath Letter asking me to go to Cincinnati Court on Oct 17 @ 1pm. :D

I came back to say thank you to everyone specially to Weston for taking the time to console people like me who get confused, paranoid, & worried after the Citizenship Interview. I am pretty sure everyone here greatly appreciates everyone's input. I myself felt really good after reading people's suggestion/advise.

Thank you and to everyone else...just hold on and keep praying! Prayers do work ;)

---------------------------------
My Timeline (Cincinnati):
Jul 14, 08 - Filed N-400
Jul 29, 08 - Confirmation
Aug 13, 08 - Fingerprint
Oct 03, 08 - Interview["Pass Test" and "Decision in the mail"]
Oct 10, 08 - Oath Letter
Oct 17, 08 - Oath Date @ 1pm :D

Phone calls, Infopass(es), contacting our congressman, and writing to the interviewing officer.
Is there anything left?