North Carolina SESA Processing times

futurecp

Registered Users (C)
Lets start a new thread to talk about NC SESA processing times.
Post all your experiences.

Thanks.

My status

Mine got filed on April-27.But i got a receipt on May-24th.
I don\'t have any number to call to know about what date they are processing.

FutureCP

North Carolina sucks

Mine was filed on early April. After checking INS web site, I was told it takes 90 days from filing to approve in North Carolina. I thought my case should be done by now. Then I called my attorney. Surprisely, my attorney told me after he talked with North Carolina SESA, they are still processing case filed on Feb 2001. April\'s case is not even inputted into system yet. They expect to put in April\'s case next month, then take about 3 weeks to process it. So, we still have 2 more months to wait. You know what, North Carolina is the worst place to apply Labor Certificate.

Peter

No Title

Hey Guys , I also applied around the same time . I guess it was April 26th. Cld you pls let me know if there is any way of checking what is the status at NC SESA .
Thanks

No Title

Hi BKoram,

Can i have your e-mail address.So that we can keep in touch to know about the status.Mine also filed at the same time April -27th.

Thanks.

My e-mail id is neo_sakthi@hotmail.com

FutureCP.

delay at SESA , NC might be due to this..

Hi,

I applied in july 1st for LC in NC SESA+Atlanta(Regional)

this is the reason i guess..
source ... http://www.esc.state.nc.us/

guys, could you keep posted of any latest developments.
Did anyone call the NC SESA Office.

thanks
Mohan

##############

For Immediate Release

May 9, 2001

ESC Receives Over 3,700 Alien Employment Certification Applications

In April; Year 2001 Total 15 Times Higher Than Previous Year

RALEIGH — North Carolina’s Employment Security Commission (ESC) received over 3,700

applications during April from employers petitioning to hire foreign workers, an enormous increase

over the previous year.

The April figure brought the application total for 2001 (Jan. 14 to April 30) to 6,106, which is more

than 15 times higher than the 396 applications the ESC received over the same period in 2000.

Since midnight on Monday, April 30, had been the deadline for receipt of these applications by the

ESC, the Raleigh central office saw a steady stream of people bringing applications. The last one

was received just minutes before the 12 a.m. cut-off. Since there is no guarantee that the U.S.

government will allow another opportunity like this one for years to come, designated locations all

over the country – like the ESC in Raleigh - were very busy receiving applications.

Applications approved by the federal government will allow those aliens to receive no-fault residency

status. Employers, or potential employers, of aliens had to sign the applications, showing

that a workforce need existed. The purpose of this program is to protect American workers and the

wages they are paid. Since illegal aliens might work for lower wages and, thus impact both opportunities

for domestic workers and earnings they could receive, this program seeks to make sure

that aliens working in the U.S. are legally employed and subject to the same wage and hour laws.

Michele Walker

Laurie Green

Any update on NC processing times

Hi Guys ,
  does anyone have any updates on the sesa processing times in NC. looks like it\'s taking more time now .

Regards ,
  korampb

NC SESA

Checked with Raleigh DOL office_ they were working on mid April cases
as of Oct 1st....

will update if I have any more info

PY

no receipt yet

Hi guys,

My labor was filed with NC DOL on May 29. But I haven\'t got any receipt from them. Is there anybody who hasn\'t got receipt from NC DOL over 4 months after the labor was filed?

Thanks in advance for any input.

futurecp

I am on L1B and applied to SESA on 8th Aug, when can I expect to hear from them? Do they have any telephone number to contact in Raleigh?

No Title

Thanks for the number, I called them and they are saying they cannot identify by name. They need some number and they claim that they will only respond to Employer or Lawyer.

What is the way out? as my Lawyer is not responding.

usanjay.. my lawyer sent the copy of the reciept he got from NC SESA

it has the tracking number..

ask your lawyer if he received that copy