Nonimmigrant visa number

Hhemc

Registered Users (C)
What is a nonimmigrant visa number? i am currently filling out part 3 on an i-485 and i am not sure if this number is the control number on my visa or the numbers printed in red at the lower right corner of the visa.
Thanks

A non-immigrant visa is any visa that was issued for non-settlement purposes. This means that it was issued for something other than settlement in the USA. Examples would be work visa, study visa, tourist visa, etc.

I haven't seen a USA visa but I would assume that the item would be titled 'Visa Number'. From what you say, the control number sounds right.

What does everyone else think?

Thanks for your reply
I am a bit confused about it , because there is nothing like VISA NUMBER on the actual visa page in my passport. The control number is a 14 digit number containing weired symbols. The red number is an 8 digit number in lower right part of the visa. So I don't know which one I should use in my I-485.

I am really very glad Guys, that many of you are very close to receive your GC,but it seems like this forum became a club of people waiting for and discussing their RFEs and BIOs :):) But there are a lot people who are in the beggining of their long way to GC. Please, share your experience with others.

Thanks

Hhemc said:
Thanks for your reply
I am a bit confused about it , because there is nothing like VISA NUMBER on the actual visa page in my passport. The control number is a 14 digit number containing weired symbols. The red number is an 8 digit number in lower right part of the visa. So I don't know which one I should use in my I-485.

I am really very glad Guys, that many of you are very close to receive your GC,but it seems like this forum became a club of people waiting for and discussing their RFEs and BIOs :):) But there are a lot people who are in the beggining of their long way to GC. Please, share your experience with others.

Thanks

This 14 digit control # is the visa #. Ignore that Red # on bottom which is used to keep track of Visa Stickers issued to various consulates across the world.