Nonimmigrant intent - past long visits

Elyon

Hello! I am a Canadian citizen who will be finishing my degree soon and plan to look for a job after under the TN status. I have a question regarding the "nonimmigrant intent" we need to demonstrate. I have a USC partner who I have been visiting for the past few years, sometimes months at a time. I have only recently became a Canadian citizen so only the most recent visit is on my Canadian passport (but maybe they will find my visits done under previous citizenship and different legal name). I will not mention having a USC partner since that is against my case here, but just wondering would they look at my past visits to the country, possibly question me and think an immigrant intent is showing here? Thanks for the help!

They could. But, once you have a TN, you are no longer required to maintain a foreign residence (It did not have to be Canada). Since they let you in on past CBP has accepted your reasons/criteria for allowing you in as a tourist, so they shouldn't have a problem now.

Your reason for entry will now be TN. You won't be asked about your living arrangements, but if they do, simply answer truthfully.