Non US Citizen voted and applied for N-400

I wonder what could happen if too many immigrants commits certain kind of harmless (no direct personal victim) but ye deportable offense. Would USCIS
have to forgive them otherwise they don't have resources and manpower to deport so many. Say if 2/3 of PRs have ever voted in the federal election, then USCIS would have no choice but ignore that. They could not deny 2/3 of citizenship application neither cpould they deport millions or even tens of millions of PRs.
Of course they can deny 2/3 of citizenship applications. That doesn't take any huge resources like deporting 2/3 of permanent residents. There have been years when the denials exceeded 50%.

I dont understand one thing, When someone become permanent resident and they receive the Welcome Guide in Mail or by hand why DONT THEY READ IT? you can not claim that I didnt know that a PR can not vote it clearly states in there.

There are also serious consequences for you as a permanent
resident if you:
• Lie to get immigration benefits for yourself or someone
else.
• Say you are a U.S. citizen if you are not.
• Vote in a federal election or in a local election open
only to U.S. citizens.
• Are a “habitual drunkard”—someone who is drunk
or someone who uses illegal drugs most of the time.
• Are married to more than one person at the same
time.
• Fail to support your family or to pay child or spousal
support as ordered.
• Are arrested for assaulting or harassing a family member,
including violating a protection order.This is called
domestic violence.
• Lie to get public benefits.
• Fail to file tax returns when required.
• Willfully fail to register for the Selective Service if you
are a male between the ages of 18 and 26.

W,

I often wonder, why people don't read documents which are important to their lives to avoid pitfalls? :confused: I have concluded that some immigrants are hard-headed and will always ignore what is the law..:D

I dont understand one thing, When someone become permanent resident and they receive the Welcome Guide in Mail or by hand why DONT THEY READ IT? you can not claim that I didnt know that a PR can not vote it clearly states in there.
Many people didn't receive any such guide listing those rules and warnings. I didn't. I know about those things from other reading, but not from any "Welcome guide", because I didn't get one.

Many people didn't receive any such guide listing those rules and warnings. I didn't. I know about those things from other reading, but not from any "Welcome guide", because I didn't get one.

I am not so sure. Maybe we got it but simply threw it away. We opened the
letter and only kept the GC and discard everything else.

When you become a citizen, you'll get a citizen' almanac at the oath ceremony.
I doubt you will read it thru.

I am not so sure. Maybe we got it but simply threw it away. We opened the
letter and only kept the GC and discard everything else.
Well, I didn't get it. No ifs, buts or maybes in my case. I was even looking out for it because I knew of other people getting it, but I only got an approval notice and the GC affixed onto a white sheet.

Well, I didn't get it. No ifs, buts or maybes in my case. I was even looking out for it because I knew of other people getting it, but I only got an approval notice and the GC affixed onto a white sheet.

For many approval notice come seperately from GC. You get an approval notice first, then take the apporval notice to the USCIS office to order
the physical green card (and get a passport stamp), then after several months, the real physicasl geen card arrives.

I don't know the allegded welcome letter should come with GC or pproval notice. But on ething I remmeber is I do remmeber I read a aletter saying
one must carry the GC.

If this is the document I am as certain as Jackolantern that I never received it. I would not have missed a dozen-page thick booklet

I never got it either for me or for any of the family members. I got GC approval, then got PP stamped and finally got GC Card after 4-5 months. I know none of my co-workers who got approved in 2004-2005 also got any thing like welcome guide. Probably they did not want to welcome few people on getting GC :eek: or it was meant for certain special or important people only :D