Non-RIR Recruitment Instruction Tracker

How to find jobs posted by DBEC specifically

One thing I don't understand is how people are saying they saw adds from DBEC. I don't know way to differentiate jobs posted by PBEC and DBEC. I can see sometimes there are jobs posted by PBEC (because the company column says "Philadelphia backlog elimination center" ). But I don't see Dallas backlog elimination center anywhere.Please let me know if somebody have an answer to that.

Secondly, I don't agree that any of the BECS are done with NON-RIR job postings yet.

I searched this morning and there were so many ads from 3rd and 4th feb from both Teamexceed and Philadelphia backlog center. There were many ads with titles as COOK, Auto mechanic, Butcher, Rug cleaning supervisor etc.

Froo said:
I still believe PBEC is done with the ads, otherwise it's hard to expalin why there has been no ads activity since Dec. 16, 2006. I guess PBEC did not post your ads because your case was routed to RIR. In case you don't know yet, do the following:

January 23, 2007, Backlog Case Type

The Office of Foreign Labor Certification (OFLC) announces a procedure for employers or their authorized representatives to follow if they believe the case type as reflected on the Public Disclosure System (PDS) is incorrect (e.g., if it is listed as TR but they believe it should be RIR, or vice versa).

In such an event, e-mail the general information e-mail box at the appropriate Backlog Elimination Center (BEC). The subject line of the e-mail must read "Incorrect Case Type - Case # [insert case number]." The body of the e-mail should explain why the employer believes the case type is incorrect. Any supporting documentation may be attached as a pdf. The BECs will review the case and reply as soon as possible based on the volume of requests.

2001 Lc Ca Eb3 TR

Add me to the list

2001 EB3 CA (DBEC) PD April 27th 2001 TR
45 letter October 2005
Analysts Review October 2006
All issues in Analysts Review corrected and sent to DBEC within 10 days
No RI yet
IN PROCESS.

Personally i think all of us with current PD s are being put at the back of the list.In September 2006 i contacted and made a donation ( $500) to one of the Senators here in CA and after 6 weeks her Secratery sent me a letter saying my Green Card was approved in 2002 even though i sent here a copy of all the letters from DBEC and my attorneys phone number.

I showed the letter to my Attorney and he told me that a lot of his clients were getting useless info from this Senator.
I have waited 6 yrs i guess 1 more yr wont hurt.
Also am i the earliest PD still waiting on this forum
Best of luck to you all and i hope this is the last year of waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
lengthyLabor said:
One thing I don't understand is how people are saying they saw adds from DBEC. I don't know way to differentiate jobs posted by PBEC and DBEC. I can see sometimes there are jobs posted by PBEC (because the company column says "Philadelphia backlog elimination center" ). But I don't see Dallas backlog elimination center anywhere.Please let me know if somebody have an answer to that.

Secondly, I don't agree that any of the BECS are done with NON-RIR job postings yet.

I searched this morning and there were so many ads from 3rd and 4th feb from both Teamexceed and Philadelphia backlog center. There were many ads with titles as COOK, Auto mechanic, Butcher, Rug cleaning supervisor etc.
Team Exceed is the nickname of DBEC.

We might run AJB in a different way, but the last date as I can see for PBEC is 12/16/2006.

For the cook/tech jobs, I have no idea if those jobs are before the end of April 2001, or they are allowed after April 2001. I heard about 485i (?) or something, but not sure what's that about. The only thing I know about is that April 2001 is the bottle neck of the whole thing; once that date gets cleared, the queue is supposed to move in a light speed.

Thanks for the info, Froo. I'm contacting my paralegal to have it corrected.

Froo said:
I still believe PBEC is done with the ads, otherwise it's hard to expalin why there has been no ads activity since Dec. 16, 2006. I guess PBEC did not post your ads because your case was routed to RIR. In case you don't know yet, do the following:

January 23, 2007, Backlog Case Type

The Office of Foreign Labor Certification (OFLC) announces a procedure for employers or their authorized representatives to follow if they believe the case type as reflected on the Public Disclosure System (PDS) is incorrect (e.g., if it is listed as TR but they believe it should be RIR, or vice versa).

In such an event, e-mail the general information e-mail box at the appropriate Backlog Elimination Center (BEC). The subject line of the e-mail must read "Incorrect Case Type - Case # [insert case number]." The body of the e-mail should explain why the employer believes the case type is incorrect. Any supporting documentation may be attached as a pdf. The BECs will review the case and reply as soon as possible based on the volume of requests.

From Oh Law Firm:
02/06/2007: DOL Announced Plan to Propose Legislation to Charge Fees for Labor Certification Applications

*The information which has been released to the AILA indicates that it has completed 67% of cases as of 01/27/2007 and is prepared to complete all the backlog cases by the end of September 2007 as scheduled.

*The DOL has made clear its plan to introduce a legislative bill to charge the filing fees for labor certification applications. The exact amount has yet to be disclosed.

Wow, stacking fees and fees. One wonders how certain groups of constituents can affort to pay all the filing fees of the DOL and USCIS. In employment-based proceedings, this will present a serious problem to the small business employers and aliens to work for small employers, particularly low-end industries! Small businesses will face a competitive disadvantage over the big business like Fortune 500 businesses!

Question on Recruitment - 30 day wait period

Hi Guys,

First of all you guys are awsome and this site is very useful in many ways. I really appreciate your time for posting the information on this site.

See below for my information.

I have question regarding the 30 day wait period.

When wait period starts? Is it from the end of the RI end date (01/29/07) or end of the news paper advertising (advertised 01/05/07 to 01/07/07)?

Your response greately appreciated

here's what my lawyer did...

skperm said:
Hi Guys,

First of all you guys are awsome and this site is very useful in many ways. I really appreciate your time for posting the information on this site.

See below for my information.

I have question regarding the 30 day wait period.

When wait period starts? Is it from the end of the RI end date (01/29/07) or end of the news paper advertising (advertised 01/05/07 to 01/07/07)?

Your response greately appreciated

he called P-BEC n talked to the certifying officer direct asking if any resumes were received. He made this call 10 days AFTER the LAST ad ran in the paper by which time my ad on AJB had also dropped off (I spose it was the end of the Rec period!)
The officer said no resumes were received and to go ahead and file the report.
So if u can get your lawyer to call the officer in charge of your case once all the adverts are done, it will be good... just so u can speed things along a teeny tiny bit!

good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Froo said:
Gosh! The last time PBEC posted ads on AJB was 12/16/06. 6,183 ads were posted on that single day. Seems no more ads since then, which indicates that PBEC might have been done with the non-RIR ads!
non-RIR cases in DBEC: 84,000
non-RIR cases in PBEC: 58,000

This explains why PBEC was done with the ads back to 12/16/06, while DBEC is still posting ads - 480 ads today.

need help.

hello,
well i already got the RI's in oct 26, 06 but due to the error in the attorney addresses i never got them. well now the attorney fax PBEC last week and still we haven't heard anythign from PBEC yet. do you know what kind of approach should i use?...and i even made my manger fax them as well, but still NOTHING.

what the HECK should i do?.....

BarneySha said:
he called P-BEC n talked to the certifying officer direct asking if any resumes were received. He made this call 10 days AFTER the LAST ad ran in the paper by which time my ad on AJB had also dropped off (I spose it was the end of the Rec period!)
The officer said no resumes were received and to go ahead and file the report.
So if u can get your lawyer to call the officer in charge of your case once all the adverts are done, it will be good... just so u can speed things along a teeny tiny bit!

good luck

Thanks BarneySha. Does anyone know on the average how much time it is taking to get response from DBEC after the RI perios?

DBEC is done with ads!

Two days in a row, DBEC has not been posting ads on AJB. This is a good indication that DBEC is done with the ads!

Froo said:
Two days in a row, DBEC has not been posting ads on AJB. This is a good indication that DBEC is done with the ads!
Sorry! More ads today: 1429 ads on AJB by DBEC.

From Oh Law Firm

02/13/2007: DOL Not to Allow Appeal or Request for Reconsideration of Denial of Hold Harmless RIR Conversion Opportunity

*DOL is preparing the closure of the Backlog Elimination Centers after completing all the backlog cases by the end of September 2007. To accomplish the target, they launched the hold harmless RIR conversion. Reportedly they have received a huge number of requests, but they denied the conversion request in some of these cases already for the reasons that the cases were not eligible for the conversion. Now DOL reported to the AILA that the denials would not be reopened for reconsideration or appeal. Accordingly, these cases will have to go through the TR process.

*Considering the fact that the final regulation eliminating the substitution may be released sooner or later, probably the amendment of the labor certification applications at the backlog centers may be practically the last opportunity to substitute the beneficiaries inasmuch as the cases are still stuck at the Backlog Elimination Centers. It is expected that once the substitution elimination rule takes effect, there will be quite a substantial number of baklog labor certification applications that may end up in a trash can.

Certified!

CERTIFIED!

details in my siggy.

looks like its an approximate 2.5 - 3 months since date of ad in AJB.org to certification (provided your lawyer gets the rec report in at the end of the RI whic in turn depends on receiving the letter to file the rec report!!!!)

Good luck and God speed this journey for all who are waiting.