NON-RIR needs advertisement?

splcase

Registered Users (C)
Do anybody know if non-RIR needs advertisement? I am in Tennessee. Is non-RIR dependant on state? Please advise.

Both need Advt

splcase said:
Do anybody know if non-RIR needs advertisement? I am in Tennessee. Is non-RIR dependant on state? Please advise.

Both RIR or Non-RIR need advertisement. The length of (Duration 2-6Months and no. of advt) advertisement is depends on your state work force agency.

Can you explain more

Does Tennessee need advertisement? Where can I get information whether TN needs advertisement or not? Please let me know

splcase said:
Does Tennessee need advertisement? Where can I get information whether TN needs advertisement or not? Please let me know.

Whether TN or CA advertisement is must. Otherwise How you will prove your faithful recruitment effort?.

To get exact information call TN Employment Development Department - Alien Labor certification section.(Where you pay state payroll taxes) They will advise you which news paper you have to advertise, how many times, exact wording pertaining to you job title etc.

What is the difference between RIR and non-RIR?

If both needs advertisement, what is the difference between the process? All I thought is, advertise to prove that you did not get any labor so process in RIR. Do I need to advertise after filing or before filing for non-RIR?

splcase said:
If both needs advertisement, what is the difference between the process? All I thought is, advertise to prove that you did not get any labor so process in RIR. Do I need to advertise after filing or before filing for non-RIR?

You have to advertise before applying labor certification.
RIR is a pattern of recruitment (regiourous continuous advertisement - duration various state to state).

Suppose you have the proof that last six months your company put advertisement evey month, you can go ahead and file LC based on the advertisement. otherwise you have to put advt 2-3 months.
FYI - Most of RIR LC are rejected in CA and went back to SWA as Non-RIR.