Non RIR Discussion Only !

Certified

I just checked mine and it shows CERTIFIED, still TR. Never changed to RIR.

My first Recruitment Period was to be over by Jan 8th. Not a single resume was received. I have no idea when was the recruitment report submitted.

I will happy to answer any questions, you guys have.

Best of luck to y'all.

Malik_Labor said:
My labor was approved on 11th of January. Status on DOL web site was updated on 22nd of January.

Have NOT received the Original LC yet. I am kind of worried now. What are my options if my LC is lost.

1) Can I do concurrent filing? (my dates are current)
2) Can I do premium processing on I-140?
3) In case I can not do premium processing, can I file regular I-140 and I-485 at the same time?

Will appreciate ur comments

Congratulations on your labor approval. If your date is current, file 140 and 485 together. If you are running out of H1B and need to submit it for extension real quick, then go file 140 preminum way. Otherwise go for concurrent.

Wait4LaborNJ ??

Hi Wait4LaborNJ,
Congrats on ur approval. Couple of Qs...
You never recieved RI b'cos of ur attorney's change of address, correct? If so, who placed the newspaper ads??
Your attorney never send out any Recruitment Report, correct?

Thanks for ur feedback.
NJ-TR

Wait4LaborNJ said:

My first Recruitment Period was to be over by Jan 8th. Not a single resume was received. I have no idea when was the recruitment report submitted.

Best of luck to y'all.

Recruitment

NJ-TR said:
Hi Wait4LaborNJ,
Congrats on ur approval. Couple of Qs...
You never recieved RI b'cos of ur attorney's change of address, correct? If so, who placed the newspaper ads??
Your attorney never send out any Recruitment Report, correct?

Thanks for ur feedback.
NJ-TR

Actually, my company received two RIs. First time, my job was posted on 11/18 (It still shows up in AJB with a date of 12/6). We got no resumes in response. Attorney did submit the RR, but I don't know the exact date.

Hope this helps..

Thanks for ur reply labordrags,

Actually my question was "what if my LC is lost" as it going to be a month since it is approved and still I have not received it.

Without the original ETAs, can I file both I-140 and 485???

labordrags said:
Congratulations on your labor approval. If your date is current, file 140 and 485 together. If you are running out of H1B and need to submit it for extension real quick, then go file 140 preminum way. Otherwise go for concurrent.

Job relocation while LC pending

Hello Folks: This might not be the right thread to ask this but see if anyone can:
Can you change your job location within the same company while the LC is still pending (from State A to State B). If someone has to: then what are the options available to not lose the pending labor.

Any comments are welcome!!

thanks
am_var

PD: Apr 02
Originally filed as RIR
Remanded back to TR
45day letter received and replied:May 06
Intent to convert to RIR email sent to DBEC: Jan 18' 07
No response from DOL yet however case type shows RIR now
In wait mode....

Wait4LaborNJ said:

Best of luck to y'all.

Two good messages.
First CONGRATS to you.
The second PBEC is alive indeeed!

NOF details here, pls advice

Friends, I got a copy of the NOF letter. The only main issue is the following:
ETA form 750A
Item 15. Titled "Other Special Requirements". The listed special requirements should be measurable and quantifiable. Examples of incorrect entries to be avoided are "must have expertise in, knowledge of, skill in, background in." Please adjust Item 15 accordingly. Enter only job-related requirements in measurable terms and submit employer justification or delete requirements. Requirements should not be tailored to the alien's qualifications.

So the requirement is clear. What I'd like to seek advice about are:
1. My case was EB3, how many years of programming experience will not cause the prevailing wage issue?
2. What is the right way for the employer to justify the requirements?

I appreciate any input.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

Please help me out here. I have not received hard copies yet. Its going to be a month now. ( approved on 11th of January. Status on DOL web site was updated on 22nd of January)

Should I go ahead and file for I-140 with duplicate request or should I wait?

Any suggestion/advice plz.

so_depressed said:
Friends, I got a copy of the NOF letter. The only main issue is the following:
ETA form 750A
Item 15. Titled "Other Special Requirements". The listed special requirements should be measurable and quantifiable. Examples of incorrect entries to be avoided are "must have expertise in, knowledge of, skill in, background in." Please adjust Item 15 accordingly. Enter only job-related requirements in measurable terms and submit employer justification or delete requirements. Requirements should not be tailored to the alien's qualifications.

So the requirement is clear. What I'd like to seek advice about are:
1. My case was EB3, how many years of programming experience will not cause the prevailing wage issue?
2. What is the right way for the employer to justify the requirements?

I appreciate any input.

so_depressed:

Since your case is EB3, IMHO, the years of programming should be better 2+ years (to eliminate ppl without experience) but less than 5 years (to make it a EB3 case). But you may want to have a proof that you have such experience to qualify yourself, too.

I expect that I will get one like yours soon. Please keep us posted what your lawyer's reply.

Certified

I see online certification for my labor. After 5 long years...Hang on everyone here your is on your way...Thanks for all people in this thread I was reading every day about this thread which help me a lot..

EB-2 NJ NON-RIR TR
PD - 06/12/2002
Received 45 days letter 01/21/2006
Recruitment 12/01/06 - 12/31/06
Send Recruitment report to DOL 02/03/07
Certified online 02/12/07

Urgent help needed!

Gurus,
I have landed in a problem. Here's what:

My job was advertized on AJB in Dec and now employer says they messed up with my advertizement by not advertizing it long enough (I guess it is 3 days).

This is what I want to know:

1. Is there a deadline by which recruitment report needs to be filed?

2. Assuming that deadline has passed in my case, is there any way I can appeal?

3. What are my other options?

Appreciate any feedback.
Thanks.

Congrats! My recruitment report was submitted on 1/25 and I'm still waiting for the approval. :mad:

sks_989 said:
I see online certification for my labor. After 5 long years...Hang on everyone here your is on your way...Thanks for all people in this thread I was reading every day about this thread which help me a lot..

EB-2 NJ NON-RIR TR
PD - 06/12/2002

maybe NOW they are going by

VA_09_02 said:
Congrats! My recruitment report was submitted on 1/25 and I'm still waiting for the approval. :mad:

PD!!!

hang in there. I am waiting too - 2 weeks since my Rec report was submitted

My guess

I think it depends upon the analyst that is handling your case. I've a feeling that the analysts are assigned cases by the State rather than PD. I know some of the guys with earlier PD (different State) then mine did not receive the recruitment instructions yet.

My recruitment report was filed a day after yours and my case was also transferred from VA. My guess is that unless there is something wrong with either of our case our approval dates would be rather close.

VA_09_02 said:

sks_989 said:

EB-2 NJ NON-RIR TR
PD - 06/12/2002

some one had theorized that the last three letters of the bec file no is the analyst assigned. what was yours?

mine is KJo

RI question

Hello Guys,

I have seen mails regarding contacting BEC after 10 days of end of Recruitment Instruction period and got positive answer to go a head with the next step to summarize the report and submit it. I believe who ever contacted BEC is so far it is in PBEC. Is anybody contacted DBEC and got postive answer? When I contacted my attorney to do the same, they are not only charging money since it is not part of their sequence of steps in the LC procedure and also not giving any guarentee about any kind of response. If anyone contacted DBEC and got a positive response I would like to have my attorney contact them (I am ready to pay, since it is going to save me approxmately a month of time).

Any answer will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

think about it!

skperm said:
Hello Guys,

I have seen mails regarding contacting BEC after 10 days of end of Recruitment Instruction period and got positive answer to go a head with the next step to summarize the report and submit it. I believe who ever contacted BEC is so far it is in PBEC. Is anybody contacted DBEC and got postive answer? When I contacted my attorney to do the same, they are not only charging money since it is not part of their sequence of steps in the LC procedure and also not giving any guarentee about any kind of response. If anyone contacted DBEC and got a positive response I would like to have my attorney contact them (I am ready to pay, since it is going to save me approxmately a month of time).

Any answer will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

on one hand my lawyer called and got the 'go ahead' to file the rec report.
and its been 2 weeks since it was submitted..still no approval in site!

my spouse's still hasn't rcvd his labor approval docs.. been 1 month since it was certified!!! go figure!

so waiting 1 month for D-BEC to send u the letter to file rec report may not be all that bad... Know what I mean?

what I am trying to say is ... with BECs its going to take as long as it takes!
either way... 1 month for approval / 2 months to receive paperwork!
god knows what other stage they will make us wait!!!
if your PD for the country you are from is current then by all menas speed things along.

lawyers can do a lot of stuff to get our paperwork moving...
its going to be like a 10 minute call - thats about it. It will be interesting to know how much they will charge you for it!
its amazing how they come up with new ways to fleece poor clients who are desperate like us!!!

Urgent!!

Dear Friends,

Does any one here have seen the recruitment instructions (RI) for themselves?

I need to get urgent information on the following:

1. What is the timeframe (how many days from the receipt of RI) provided for running the ads in newspapers and displaying the ad on premises?

2. Once complete, is there any way we can go back and re-run the ad?

3. When do you file the recruitment report?

My company received RI but is now saying that they only advertized for 1 day and not for the 3 day mandatory period. This was about a month ago. Is there any way we can re-run the ad?

I am in deep trouble as this is my 6th year on H-1. I would really appreciate your help.

Yes I do it is for 3 continues day including Sunday

kittykatma said:
Dear Friends,

Does any one here have seen the recruitment instructions (RI) for themselves?

I need to get urgent information on the following:

1. What is the timeframe (how many days from the receipt of RI) provided for running the ads in newspapers and displaying the ad on premises?
For 30 days for newspaper you can give ad for 3 continues day including Sunday,displaying the ad on premises - 10 Days continues

2. Once complete, is there any way we can go back and re-run the ad?
i don’t think so about this because they give timeframe in that time frame you have to give ad. it for 30 days timeframe. If timeframe is not over you can re-run the ad

3. When do you file the recruitment report?
PBEC will send for recruitment report instructions. How you have to send report so wait from PBEC about this one.

My company received RI but is now saying that they only advertized for 1 day and not for the 3 day mandatory period. This was about a month ago. Is there any way we can re-run the ad?

I am in deep trouble as this is my 6th year on H-1. I would really appreciate your help.