Non RIR Discussion Only !

Anybody got labor approval after recruitment report send to DOL

Anybody got labor approval after recruitment report send to DOL

sachv_ said:
We got RI last week of November....did the recruitment...period ended Jan 10th...
Waiting for the BEC Recruitment report...
Now I find out we are going to have layoffs(I knew it was going to happen) but the date is Jan 31st...
What happens if by 31st we haven;t submitted back the recruitment report back to BEC...
Kind of worried. :(
Sachv,
Since the Recruitment process is already done with, it shouldn't matter that they are having layoffs; but, at 140 stage , there are chances for red flags to be raised.

Might not be true

so_depressed said:
Oh sure then I don't think you'll need go through that again. 3 of my colleagues who have done ads before going to DBEC got certified recently with PD of Aug.2001.

It might not be true. I had my supervised recruitment done on Dec 2004 and sent to regional on Jan 2005. But I see my job posted. I am not sure my lawyer received the Recruitment instruction. My lawyer said they sent a mail or an email regarding this issue. They are yet to receive any reply back. My PD is May 2003(EB3).

Its all random. I dont think they follow any process.

devar said:
Online status showed up as CERTIFIED this afternoon. Details in my sig.

devar,

Congratulations!!
My case is very similar to yours. It has been showing up as RIR since they added this feature. It showed up as TR yesterday but is RIR again when I checked today.

Could you tell me what reason was given to remand your case? My lawyer tells me that my case would be processed as TR since the RIR part of my application was denied (insufficient recruitment Ads).

Thanks.

Hangin2001 said:
devar,

Congratulations!!
My case is very similar to yours. It has been showing up as RIR since they added this feature. It showed up as TR yesterday but is RIR again when I checked today.

Could you tell me what reason was given to remand your case? My lawyer tells me that my case would be processed as TR since the RIR part of my application was denied (insufficient recruitment Ads).

Thanks.

Thank you.

Well CSC didnt actually give us the reason as to why they remanded and my attorney's explanation to it was my LC was filed under the job category Software Engineer - Applications and CSC thought there was many american citizens available at that time for that job category. Also my application was filed with BS + 1 yrs exp.

These 3 colleagues of mine also had their jobs posted on AJB. But they got certified after about one month after that. By the way, they were TR from the beginning.

asdcrajnet said:
It might not be true. I had my supervised recruitment done on Dec 2004 and sent to regional on Jan 2005. But I see my job posted. I am not sure my lawyer received the Recruitment instruction. My lawyer said they sent a mail or an email regarding this issue. They are yet to receive any reply back. My PD is May 2003(EB3).

Its all random. I dont think they follow any process.

lengthyLabor said:
There is one approval in Dallas BEC Kaushis case.
Kaushiks , is a TR-RIR Conversion. NON-RIR has always been the step child for BECS. We will always be given a cold shoulder. Wait Wait wait wait........

From Immigration-law website

Announcement of Phase-Out of American Job Bank (AJB) on 06/30/2007

U.S. Department of Labor, ETA, announced that effective June 30, 2007, the AJB as the recruitment sources will be completely phased out. ETA's transition plan for the phase-out of AJB includes developing the ability to direct employers and job seekers to both public and private sector job banks. This will be accomplished by providing a `list of Web links' to qualified Web sites during the AJB phase-out period. The `list of Web links' (to include all state workforce agency job banks) will be available for a period of time both before and after the phase-out of AJB on June 30, 2007. ETA will select Web sites to be included in the list of links from applications meeting the requirements of this notice. ETA reserves the right to use the listings for multiple Federal purposes, to edit, and to remove the `list of Web links' at its sole discretion. DOL is soliciting private websites that can serve as the DOL sanctioned Job Search sites after its review and approval. Once it is approved, the DOL is scheduled to set up a lint to the private web site as the authorized Job Search Site. For the announcement, please click here.

Wondering what affect if any would this have on guys with later priority date. Hopefully everyone's job will be posted by June 30th.

Labor certified

My labor status shows approved.

Priority Date: April 2002
State: NY
Type: Traditional - EB3
45 day letter: 10/2005

Recruiting Instructions: I have no idea. My company never tells me details like that. But I heard it was around beginning of december. When I talked to the immigration co-ordinator, she told me recruiting is already done..

Labor Status: Certified as of Jan 25.

Not sure when the papers are going to arrive. A friend of mine from Atlanta got his papers after 2 weeks from the day of the status change in the online system.
My wife told me one of her co-wokers also got the labor certfied today. Not sure what type of application it was.

Good Luck to all of you. Hopefully good news is not far away. Hang in there.

devar said:
Online status showed up as CERTIFIED this afternoon. Details in my sig.

Did you have any recuritment done and sent to BRC, or any effort from your company or lawer you think helped with you certification?

Mine is Sep 2001 PD. Same as yours auto-remanded :confused:

It looks like that DBEC starts to post jobs on AJB again today. Maybe they will stick with the deadline to finish AJB job posting on April 1 because the DOL's announcement to phase out AJB on June 30.

Good News!!!!!!

With my check 1 min ago, they posted 1458 ads today so far. Let's all prey they keep doing this :eek:)

txtramdream said:
It looks like that DBEC starts to post jobs on AJB again today. Maybe they will stick with the deadline to finish AJB job posting on April 1 because the DOL's announcement to phase out AJB on June 30.

Gosh, don't know how they did it. Another 2 minutes passed, now the total ads from Teamexceed is 2060!!!! They must have type and saved them somewhere.

so_depressed said:
With my check 1 min ago, they posted 1458 ads today so far. Let's all prey they keep doing this :eek:)

T1000, so you have been TR since the beginning, received recuitment instruction at about early Dec and now certified? Please confirm this if you still read this thread. Congratulations.

T1000 said:
My labor status shows approved.

Priority Date: April 2002
State: NY
Type: Traditional - EB3
45 day letter: 10/2005

Recruiting Instructions: I have no idea. My company never tells me details like that. But I heard it was around beginning of december. When I talked to the immigration co-ordinator, she told me recruiting is already done..

Labor Status: Certified as of Jan 25.

Not sure when the papers are going to arrive. A friend of mine from Atlanta got his papers after 2 weeks from the day of the status change in the online system.
My wife told me one of her co-wokers also got the labor certfied today. Not sure what type of application it was.

Good Luck to all of you. Hopefully good news is not far away. Hang in there.

goodphysq said:
Did you have any recuritment done and sent to BRC, or any effort from your company or lawer you think helped with you certification?

Mine is Sep 2001 PD. Same as yours auto-remanded :confused:

As far as I know and remember there was no recruitment done after my labor state level got certified back in 2002. I asked my attorney recently about a month ago if they received any RI for my case. I wanted my employer to push for RIR conversion and they were least interested.

confused.

hello everyone,
i've noticed that lots of people jobs are being posted on AJB. so I was looking for fine as well. But i'm a little confused, does everyone whose cases are NON-RIR or TR get their jobs posted on AJB and then recieve Recruitment instructions?...Can someone please shed some light on this?...thank you.

Darn it!!!!!!

What a joke! After one hour I came back to check AJB up again, whole a lot of the posted jobs change their date from '01/26/07' to some earlier dates!!! Heck. Now I'm seeing only 729 ads with '01/26/07' date.

After all, still feel good to see they finally picked up their jobs for our poor TR guys.

so_depressed said:
Gosh, don't know how they did it. Another 2 minutes passed, now the total ads from Teamexceed is 2060!!!! They must have type and saved them somewhere.
:D