Non RIR Discussion Only !

Relax, I have a priority date pretty close to yours (June 2001).

I am almost ready to give up. Got an NOF in December - so now can't convert to RIR either.

This is probably the worst thing I have dealt with in my life - so getting ready to wind up my affairs by the end of this school year, and go back to India.

Someday, I am sure, when the baby boomers retire, US will be wishing they could have more high tax paying workers, but they might not get any willing and 'smart' immigrants anymore.

vexlak said:
Congrats to all of you having movment with your cases. It is nice to hear that at least someting is moving. On the other hand I am realizing that I must be cursed indeed.... :confused:

dont loose hope...you are almost there.... once you get your labor approved you can get your EAD in 6 months....
Very soon my friend....very soon :)

marin_count said:
Relax, I have a priority date pretty close to yours (June 2001).

I am almost ready to give up. Got an NOF in December - so now can't convert to RIR either.

This is probably the worst thing I have dealt with in my life - so getting ready to wind up my affairs by the end of this school year, and go back to India.

Someday, I am sure, when the baby boomers retire, US will be wishing they could have more high tax paying workers, but they might not get any willing and 'smart' immigrants anymore.

I also got a fact finding fax (this is something that they sent even before going to NOF) in December. Attorney responded with the necessary corrections. He actually retyped a new application with all the corrections and sent it back in duplicate.
I haven't heard anything after that. I am waiting for my job to appear in ajb.

So don't lose hope. This year it will happen. :)

Quick ? for folks whose recruitment is complete

today i got an email from my lawyer saying:

"I will inquire with the DOL to see if there have been any resumes rcvd for the ad.* To date, I as attorney of record have not received any.* I will however double check with P-BEC."

I had no idea that resumes were sent to the attorney as well for ads posted in the newspaper.

can anyone confirm if this is true?

TIA

Thanks Barneysha

for ur reply. Looks like ur ad was in AJB for around 45 days. So I will wait and see if the same happens with mine.

NTOM

BarneySha said:

"I will inquire with the DOL to see if there have been any resumes rcvd for the ad.* To date, I as attorney of record have not received any.* I will however double check with P-BEC."

I had no idea that resumes were sent to the attorney as well for ads posted in the newspaper.

TIA

Whether received resumes or not, PBEC has to feedback this kind of information to your attorney.

BarneySha said:

TIA

Resumes go directly to PBEC ONLY. PBEC will forward any resumes that it may receive from the ADVT in paper or on AJB and deem fit for the Job. Hope this helps. For me the waiting game is still on. Havent heard from PBEC after sending in the recruitment report on Jan 10th. My Job still appears on AJB. Recruitment period ended Dec 20th.

Case Type shows as TR!!

My case processing type shows up as TR now. It was showing as RIR (until yesterday) after they introduced this feature in the PDS website.

My lawyer did tell me that it may have been entered that way into their system since it was originally filed as RIR. She was also not very keen on converting to RIR since I may not have gained too much time according to her and hence company didn't want to spend more money. They already processed my PERM which was approved in Jan 2006. I-140 is also approved.

We saw quite a few remanded cases on this forum being certified. I guess I am not one of those lucky ones. However, my PD is Nov 2001 and hope they post my ad on AJB soon. Any idea when they will start posting jobs?

Has anyone (Remanded case) seen their case type change to TR??

Thanks.

I was expecting they would begin to post to AJB again from today since yesterday is the de facto dead line of convertion. However they did not post anyone today. This is a bit depressing. But I do believe that yours will be among the earliest as soon as they begin to post again. I recall there are guys with later PD got posted already.

Hangin2001 said:
My case processing type shows up as TR now. It was showing as RIR (until yesterday) after they introduced this feature in the PDS website.

My lawyer did tell me that it may have been entered that way into their system since it was originally filed as RIR. She was also not very keen on converting to RIR since I may not have gained too much time according to her and hence company didn't want to spend more money. They already processed my PERM which was approved in Jan 2006. I-140 is also approved.

We saw quite a few remanded cases on this forum being certified. I guess I am not one of those lucky ones. However, my PD is Nov 2001 and hope they post my ad on AJB soon. Any idea when they will start posting jobs?

Thanks.

My case is originally filed as RIR and remanded to TR and it is showing TR ever since they started showing the type on the website.

Hangin2001 said:

Thanks.

question.

I read somewhere on this forum that all the TR/Non-RiR cases will recieve RI's (recruitment instructions) after Jan 20, 07. And the PBEC is suppose to give out all the RI's by June 2007. How accurate is this information? Can someone please shed some light on this. Thank you.

GOD knows what is going on with my case

Couple of new developments for my case. My case was showing up as TR, suddenly became RIR on Jan 19. Also, my ad which was on AJB since Deb 06 is now gone.

I am seeing lot of remanded people in my company getting approved who are 6 months after me. Most of them are EB3. Some EB2 were approved after RIR conversion.

I hope at least after 5.5 years they approve my case. It seems they are working completely random and unstructured fashion.

so_depressed said:
I was expecting they would begin to post to AJB again from today since yesterday is the de facto dead line of convertion. However they did not post anyone today. This is a bit depressing. But I do believe that yours will be among the earliest as soon as they begin to post again. I recall there are guys with later PD got posted already.
I think they would need to go over the emails they've received and determine if they are going to allow the employer to beging RIR-conversion in each case. Only when they've gone through all the emails would they really know what the subset of the cases is for which they need to begin the supervised recruitment. Unless you see a lot of people (such as myself) in the other "TR to RIR" forum reporting that they've received confirmation, I doubt if you'll see renewed activity on AJB.

Good Point!!!

How come I never thought about that? You got to be a better programmer than I am (if you are), lol. Thanks for pointing this out. I really doubt there are a lot of conversions because most of the TR cases were created because the employer did not want to do it like my company.

Anyway, your post really conforts me quite a bit.

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
I think they would need to go over the emails they've received and determine if they are going to allow the employer to beging RIR-conversion in each case. Only when they've gone through all the emails would they really know what the subset of the cases is for which they need to begin the supervised recruitment. Unless you see a lot of people (such as myself) in the other "TR to RIR" forum reporting that they've received confirmation, I doubt if you'll see renewed activity on AJB.

Recall that was posted on Oh Law's website. It's announced at the AILA-DOL liaison minute:

12/20/2006: BEC Status of Processing Cases as of 12/11/2006

* AILA-DOL liaison minute indicates the following statistics:
o Total Pending Cases: 142,418
o Total Pending RIR Cases: 59,328 (41%)
o Total Pending TR cases: 85,608 (59%)
* For TR Cases:
o All the job orders placed by 04/01/2007
o All the recruitment to be completed by 06/01/2007. [Matthew Oh note: In the recent AILA seminar, the Chief stated that they would be able to eliminate all the backlog cases by the end of September 2007 as scheduled.]
* RIR Conversion Guidance Announcement Imminent: They will publish it in the FAQ. Watch for the FAQ updates.

Here is the link:
http://www.immigration-law.com/Archive XIV.html

Waitingfor4+yrs said:
I read somewhere on this forum that all the TR/Non-RiR cases will recieve RI's (recruitment instructions) after Jan 20, 07. And the PBEC is suppose to give out all the RI's by June 2007. How accurate is this information? Can someone please shed some light on this. Thank you.

Completion by February 2008 DOL.....

Dont hold your breath going by those dates.
My Attorney told me these timelines.
All RI sent out by September 2007
All recuitment done by November 2007
All cases adjudicated by February 2008.
Just to get all TR RI sent by April 2007,the number is close to 86,000,seems impossible because if the DOL were really going by the April date January 23rd you would see a flood of jobs posted on ADJB because that was the cutoff date for RIR conversion.
Expect a new announcement from DOL around April for the extension.

EB3 India PD April 2001 TR

45 letter November 2005
Analysts review September 2006
Rebutal sent October 2006 Status IN PROCESS.

Significance of "asssigned to an Analyst"

Hi Guys,

Does anybody know the significance of having heard from the 202-phone number "you case have been assigned to an Analyst"? Do we know how long the analysts take to certify?

My case is TR, Regional, SWA Florida, Feb. 2002.

Thanks,
URgentV

Need to VENT ...arghhhh!

I know this isn't the right form but I need to vent !

My 6yr on H1 visa expires TODAY Jan 24, 2007!
I have been emailign him and my HR since Oct 2006 to do the 7th yr extension. Since I did NOT hear a word from them I assumed they did it...
and yesterdasy I sent a repeat email to my frikkin lawyer asking to update me on my H1 extension status...call it 6ht sense but its funny I chose yesterday to do it!
hardly 5 mins after I email my lawyer I get a call from who else but 'GOD' himself saying 'oh crap we havent filed your 7th yr extension and it expires tmrw'..
so when I tell him you moron I sent you 10 emails regarding this..why did u ignore it so long???
So he cooly replies saying 'oh it slipped thru the cracks!!!!' anyways send me this this this docs RITE NOW!

i almsot died of a heart attack...no kidding. my chest really hurt!
so long story short, he rushed in the application n Fedexed it yesterday to VSC and was nice enough to keep me posted and also share the tracking number.

It's yet to be delivered.

so my ? to all you gurus...
am I safe? my visa expires TODAY Jan 24th 2007. Is it Ok for the application for 7th yr extension to reach VSC today?

appreciate your responses.

You're safe. The extension needs to be filed before the current visa expires.

BarneySha said:
I know this isn't the right form but I need to vent !

My 6yr on H1 visa expires TODAY Jan 24, 2007!
I have been emailign him and my HR since Oct 2006 to do the 7th yr extension. Since I did NOT hear a word from them I assumed they did it...
and yesterdasy I sent a repeat email to my frikkin lawyer asking to update me on my H1 extension status...call it 6ht sense but its funny I chose yesterday to do it!
hardly 5 mins after I email my lawyer I get a call from who else but 'GOD' himself saying 'oh crap we havent filed your 7th yr extension and it expires tmrw'..
so when I tell him you moron I sent you 10 emails regarding this..why did u ignore it so long???
So he cooly replies saying 'oh it slipped thru the cracks!!!!' anyways send me this this this docs RITE NOW!

i almsot died of a heart attack...no kidding. my chest really hurt!
so long story short, he rushed in the application n Fedexed it yesterday to VSC and was nice enough to keep me posted and also share the tracking number.

It's yet to be delivered.

so my ? to all you gurus...
am I safe? my visa expires TODAY Jan 24th 2007. Is it Ok for the application for 7th yr extension to reach VSC today?

appreciate your responses.