Non RIR Discussion Only !

Guys ---

do you know what will happen to remaining folks whose labor doesn't get clear by PBEC before 8/17 th ? I think there will be bunch of folks like me whose priority date is either in 2001/2002/2003 and doesn't have LC yet .

I hope in oct 2007 , USCIS will be kind to us . :eek:

Thanks

Don't keep Waiting !!.

Guys ---

do you know what will happen to remaining folks whose labor doesn't get clear by PBEC before 8/17 th ? I think there will be bunch of folks like me whose priority date is either in 2001/2002/2003 and doesn't have LC yet .

Thanks

I am distressed to see people waiting and doing nothing about it when they are supposed to contact the Back Log centers. Please ask your Human resources to call the PBEC to get the RRI.

Guys ---

Thanks

I certainly hope so. For no fault of mine, I've waited nearly 6.5 years for my labor certification, so I sympathize very strongly with everyone who is still waiting for their labor certifications.

I would recommend that if you do have any hopes of filing for your I-140/I-485s before Aug 17, that you do whatever is currently possible to get your documentation ready. All of this takes time.

Just as a refresher for those who are not sure what will be needed, here's a short list:

1. About 4-6 forms will have to filled out by both primary applicant and spouse depending on what they have requested (EAD/Advance parole for both).
2. Medical certificates: look for USCIS approved civil surgeons in your locality and call a few of them to find out what vaccinations are required: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices
3. Have copies of marriage certificates, birth certificates, photographs, OPT EAD card (if used), your current (maybe also previous) passports ready, and other misc docs your attorney might ask for.

The above list is what our company attorney requested from us. I had to wait until my labor was certified last week before getting approval from my manager to continue with the next steps. But I did get my documentation and copies ready. When the attorney sent in the misc blank I-485 forms, I had them filled out and waited for the final forms. Had our medicals done in the meantime and will mail all our documentation back today. So even this took more than a week to prepare and we still havn't filed as yet.

As for medicals, we were told we needed to have the TB skin test, have TD and MMR vaccinations taken and also have blood tests for HIV done ($240 per person). Small Pox vaccinations were waived without any reason because the doctor's office we went to just assumed we had taken them. Call and ask what you will need to have taken. We scheduled an appointment on Monday and had to go back after 48 hours to have our TB skin tests checked and get the medical forms certified. My skin test came out positive but had a chest X-ray taken at the same place (additional $60), the results of which were attached to the report. Apparently since most of us have BCG vaccinations early on, that is responsible for false TB positive results. Confirm that they do have an X-ray machine just incase you test positive.

So now we wait for the original LC copy to arrive so the lawyer can attach everything to it and file in time. Still not sure if the August 17 deadline is true. There's rumours abound that this extension is only for those who were LC certified before July 02, 2007. Other's mention a date of July 31. Hopefully it will be Aug 17, and perhaps even extended beyond that for all those waiting at the BECs. I truly know how painful this wait is. Good luck to everyone.

Jawad

PBEC-Recommended for Certification

Hello All,

I just spoke to a representative at PBEC and the lady confirmed that my labor application has been recommended for certification.

Does anyone have any idea on the timeline for an application to get certified after it has been recommended for certifictaion? Guesstimates...

Thank you in advance!

PD: Nov-2004
EB2-TR

Finally... Thank God.. according to the website my case is certified I'am waiting for the hard copy.. It has been a long long.. wait .. I was worried I would miss Aug-17th deadline..
Good luck Friends.. I hope everyone gets their labor soon..
Thanks for all the info on this site. which helped me all along

still waiting for RRI

Still waiting for RRI. Folks at DBEC just give standard answer that it will be mailed...its going on like this for last 1 month.. I think I missed the boat for AUG 17th now. :(
If it gets lost in a mail or something can attorney request second copy directly to him?

Neone in a same boat who is waiting for RRI since April from DBEC?

Did any one get any resumes with RRI from DOL after news paper ad? Did DOL accept your explanations for rejecting those resumes? Any body please share your experiences. Thanks.

Certified

After a long wait of 5yrs & 10months I had finally seen my Labor Certified on-line. Huh what a wait!

RRI report

Yes atleast resumes must be reviewed and decide whether its worth an interview. When you file the Recruitment report you have to justify why the person was not interviewed or if the person was interviewed why the person was rejected. Basically, it must be documented.

We received 5 resumes. Can all of them be rejected because their work experience does not match the experience specified in job requirement? Thanks.

We received 5 resumes. Can all of them be rejected because their work experience does not match the experience specified in job requirement? Thanks.

If the resumes match the minimum requirements for the position mentioned then those candidates must be interviewed. After that its a judgement call and the rejections must be valid. In one of my colleagues case there was a candidate who was a perfect match for the position. The candidate was from CA didn't want to move to GA and wanted to work remotely which was not acceptable. So we mentioned that as the reason for rejection and got the Labor approved

Case Denied !!

Hello All,

Mine is a very old labor case (PD Nov 2001). It was filed as RIR initially but RIR was denied in April 2003. So, it became a TR case automatically (as per my attorney).

My case was showing up as "RIR - In Process" until June 2007. But, for the past 7-8 weeks it has been showing up as "RIR-Denied". My attorney says that she has sent a request to re-instate my case 2 weeks ago. How long do you think it takes to re-instate a denied case. Do we need to do anything apart from waiting for a response from BEC? Has anyone experienced a problem like this? Please respond.

I also have a PERM case approved (PD Jan 2006) which I used to apply for I-485 in July. Will I be able to take advantage of my old PD once my old case is re-instated and approved?

Thanks

Certified online after 5 years and 8 months

Recruitment ended on July 25. RRI arrived on Aug. 9. The lawyer responded to RRI on Aug. 14, online status changed to certified on Aug. 20. Waiting for the hard copy.

4 years and its APPROVED !!!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Waiting for hard copy...

thanks to you all.

Whats waiting on I140 now? If I cant do premium I have only 6 month left on H1B!!

Guys Please advice

Finally we got a notice about the pending TR LC from PBEC for recruitment. The PD on my pending LC is Jan 2005 EB2. But I already have an approved labor of PD Aug 2006 EB2 and an approved I-140 based on that.
So is it worth spending extra $ on the pending LC and then do another I-140 to retain the PD??

Finally we got a notice about the pending TR LC from PBEC for recruitment. The PD on my pending LC is Jan 2005 EB2. But I already have an approved labor of PD Aug 2006 EB2 and an approved I-140 based on that.
So is it worth spending extra $ on the pending LC and then do another I-140 to retain the PD??

I think its better to do that because there is a 1 and half yr difference between both priority dates and there are lots of EB2 cases filed in 2006 and all of them are in 485 stage. So its better if you can use ur 2005 priority date.