Non-citizen with two possibe misdemeanor. Can I apply for naturalization ?

If pardon by a sate govenor is granted, you will become admissible.

Since you said I am inadmissible now, I guess GOVERNOR'S PARDON is the only option left. Any advice on that? I just found the state where I was convicted I can not expunge or reopen the case ( the most raciest state in US with least immigrants, I do not leave there any more). What other options I may have? I have a house in Philadelphia and a house in New york, if anytime in future, I am eligible to apply for naturalization which UCIS might be better for me? I can use any one of these two state's residency ( Yes, I know UCIS rules). Please advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
If pardon by a sate govenor is granted, you will become admissible.

I just found getting pardon is very difficult in the state i was convicted. But the other incident where the case was dismissed without any conviction, can i ask pardon to that state Governor? This state sounds very liberal. But will the Governor grant a pardon on a dismissed expanged case? If he does atleast I do not need to worry about this one anymore, I guess. So won't be inadmissble any longer. Advice needed badly.

What do you mean?

I meant what I do since I am inadmissible? I am not going to apply for naturalization anytime soon. Talking to most of the lawyers are useless. they say 50% true and 50% lie.
Now should I try to get "Governor's pardon" for one of this incidents? As you said if I get Governor's pardon I won't be inadmissible anymore. Trying to get Governor's pardon for atleast one of them. But it is really difficult to get one.

What else i can do? Is there any other way i can make myself become admissible? Money might not a big issue here. But I need to know if there is any way.... Please advice me. You are the best.

My opinion is you are OK with naturalization.

Please do not make me feel better. I talked to 9 attorneys in last few days. All of them said I am not inadmissible. they all said if a case is dismissed and if there is no plea guilty it is not considered as a conviction regarless whether there is any community Service or probition involved. Is it true?
Your comments make more sense to me. I think UCIS goes by book now a days not by emotions. If I am inadmissiblethen i am inadmissible. That's the rule.

i need yoru final words. Please help...

whats the point of asking people in the forums here to confirm? these people here are just layman, heck some of them even post stupid advice and use the forum as means to get attention to themselves.
dude, just apply man. no one can guarantee you anything. heck you or I might even die tomorrow, who knows, life is too short.

chances are you will get approved. your convictions/arrests occurred before you got your gc (i think... too lazy to look back). I know of someone who got arrested and convicted for theft, got his gc, and then go his citizenship. Just, chill, pray and then apply.

whats the point of asking people in the forums here to confirm? these people here are just layman, heck some of them even post stupid advice and use the forum as means to get attention to themselves.
dude, just apply man. no one can guarantee you anything. heck you or I might even die tomorrow, who knows, life is too short.

chances are you will get approved. your convictions/arrests occurred before you got your gc (i think... too lazy to look back). I know of someone who got arrested and convicted for theft, got his gc, and then go his citizenship. Just, chill, pray and then apply.

You guys might be layman.. you are the real people with real advice.

Just came back from a three days overseas trip. I was neither stopped for a secondary inspection nor was questioned anything regarding my past criminal records. Looks like UCIS has stopped bothering about my past criminal records (from last few overseas trips) if I make a short overseas trip. Feeling little safe, at least with green card.
Should I go ahead and apply for naturalization now? Do you have any update of any recent n400 with multiple CMIT convictions?

Just came back from a three days overseas trip. I was neither stopped for a secondary inspection nor was questioned anything regarding my past criminal records. Looks like UCIS has stopped bothering about my past criminal records (from last few overseas trips) if I make a short overseas trip. Feeling little safe, at least with green card.
Should I go ahead and apply for naturalization now? Do you have any update of any recent n400 with multiple CMIT convictions?

All your convuiction ocxcured before your getting the green card and you disclosed tnem honestly on yoru GC application so that USCIS already knew. The USCIS giving your a green card when knowing your history means they alreadfy give you a clean slate
(See matter of rainford here http://www.justice.gov/eoir/vll/intdec/vol20/3191.pdf). It is absurd for USCIS to give a green card
only in order to take it back when you apply for citizenship.

So my advice is to go ahead and apply for your citizenship and get it over with this. You have no other way to get arount it anyway
because you have to renew your GC. The only way to finally to get peace of mind is to get citizenship. You won't get a defnition
answer either here or from a lawyer. To get a defnition ansswer, you have to apply to find out what happens.

Thank you so much. Should I try a post conviction relief? or 19 years after conviction a trial for a post conviction relief may only hurt rather than helping?