non-british apply for the h1b in London

zcbmm

Hi,

I am currently studing in the uk. I got an offer from an us company.

But I dont have time to go back to my own country for the h1b visa. I have to apply in the uk.

I wonder has anyone had the same situation as mine before???

Is it easy for an foreigner who study in the uk to get the h1b from uk??

thanks.

Hi

Hi

I've been thru that situation..

I did my masters in UK and applied for H1b visa at US embassy,london. But i got a 221g...they asked for more infor from my company...one of my friend got the visa without any hassle..another friend was asked to go to india and re-apply....

For me it's been 9 months without a reply on my case....

so plz be aware......

Harsha

Hi

I've been thru that situation..

I did my masters in UK and applied for H1b visa at US embassy,london. But i got a 221g...they asked for more infor from my company...one of my friend got the visa without any hassle..another friend was asked to go to india and re-apply....

For me it's been 9 months without a reply on my case....

so plz be aware......

Harsha

Hi harsha1980,

Thanks for your reply.

They need for info from your company. Can I ask you is your company a big/reputable us company or a relative small company??

I think the size of the company is definitely considered by the consulate and will affect the result. Am I right?

I wonder does 221g means rejection??? or means they need to send all info. back to us to recheck??

Why have you waited for 9 months??? can you check your status with the embassy???

Hi there

Hello

U r right..the size of company, in most of the cases, will make a difference..my company is a very small company..i think that's the main reason for the delay in my visa..

anyway...221g is not rejection..it's just pending...i've seen many guys on this and some other forum getting their 221g cleared..but the timespan is totally unpredictable and depends on individual cases ( i think depends on their LUCK)..

I submitted the additional info the consulate asked me thru courier and been told by them to wait until the consulate contacts me....so i've been waiting for 9 months....waiting for the consulate's reply ...in vain...

Regards

Harsha

there is no such facility to check the status of your application....

if u check in the website of USembassy london..there u can find a phone no...call that no and ask for a ref no to put in the subject line for your email query...use that ref no and send a mail to the embassy and they'll respond to your query...

if u have any query abt this...mail me at harsha1981@gmail.com

Regards

Harsha

Harsha,
Sorry to hear about your prolonged wait. I was just curious. What is your status in the UK? Since you have been waiting for 9 months in the UK, are you still in status in the UK? I am only asking since I completed my graduate and post-graduate studies in the UK (early, mid 1990s). On both occasions, my authorized student stay terminated a month past the grduation date.

I submitted the additional info the consulate asked me thru courier and been told by them to wait until the consulate contacts me....so i've been waiting for 9 months....waiting for the consulate's reply ...in vain...

Hello

after finishing my studies (PG), i was issued a working visa for 1 year under SEGS (Science and Engg Graduate Scheme). This is a new scheme from UK govt.

If u need any more info..feel free to post it.

Harsha