No VISA Revalidation after July 6, 2004

ginnu

Registered Users (C)
http://www.immigration-law.com

06/11/2004: Report from Philly: State Department Terminates Visa Revalidation Services 07/06/2004

The U.S. Department of State disclosed today that the visa revalidation services will be ceased as of July 16, 2004. Any cases which are receipted by the date will be completed.
This web site already warned the immigrant community that DOS was planning to terminate this service because biometrics and interview issues relating to the homeland security. Those who need the revalidation should file as quickly as possible before this service disappears! This termnation notice will be published in the federal register shortly.

*** they have changed date of Visa revalidation date it ends on 16 not on 6 as reported earler by DOS

Last edited by a moderator:
visa revalidation

So, After this exipiry date if one needs to get visa relavidated, Is he supposed to revalidate visa from the home country. Mine will expire mar 2005, But I have transferred H1B (after this visa stamping) and has I-797 until end of 2006. Can I send mine for revalidation.

Thanks,
shankar.

nope, revalidation done between two months to expiry of stamp ... to within a year of expiry.

U dont need a stamp to keep working or maintaing presence in the coutry only for rentry,. This is true till the date on ur I-94. So u need to get stamp only if u r planning to travel.

hope it helps

Hi all,
am new for this as i just came in here on H-1. What is this revalidation? When is this reqd?

Tx

visa revalidation

I have I-94 valid until Nov 2006. So you are saying that whenever I plan to go to india(before the expiration date of visa on PP) , while coming back I need to get it revalidate irrespective of the expiry.

Thanks

u need to have unexpired stamp upon entry. So no if you return before the expiry of stamp on passport, u dont need to revalidate. I-94 expiry date is the date before which u should file for extension and is what detemines ur status. Unexpired stamp is needed to enter USA. At that time show ur old stamp and new approval. the officer should give you I-94 till new approval.

What i meant was that, u cannot get it revalidated now and dont need to worry about stamp expiry till after the stamp expires and ... u need to travel.

Even in home country the stamp will not be revalidated if there's more than two months to expiry

passport question

I'm planning to bring my parents. i don't have copies of all the pages of the passport, i've only pages that are not blank. since i've sent my passport for revalidation i won't be able to send copies of blank pages. Is it enough if i submit copies that have visas and otherinfo.

thanks

immilab said:
I'm planning to bring my parents. i don't have copies of all the pages of the passport, i've only pages that are not blank. since i've sent my passport for revalidation i won't be able to send copies of blank pages. Is it enough if i submit copies that have visas and otherinfo.

thanks
----I think they need ALLthe copies of your passport pages

passport question

Thanks ginnu.
I've copies of my passport but i don't have blank pages of my wife.Is it ok to submit non blank pages of my wife's passport.

Ginnu and others,,

My Visa stamp expired may 2003. I know that i can not get it renewed here in US since it is more than 1 year now.

Is it true that it might take months in India(Delhi) to get the visa renewed because of additional checks?

I'm planning to go to India in november for 3 weeks. Can I get it done there in that timeframe?

thanks