• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

No US passport for I-134, is it OK ?

mun47

Registered Users (C)
Hi there,

My sponsor just become US citizen through naturalization. He has not made his US passport yet. He is sponsoring me but doesnot have a copy of his passport, he can not even provide certificate of naturalization because of legal reason as indicated on certificate some thing like - 'can not make a photocopy without permission of authrity'. But, He mentioned his certificate number on I-134. Is this fulfil the embassy's requirement ? Is certificate number is enough ? Need suggestion urgently.

if the consular officer needs a copy of his nat. certificate, he'll ask for it. Usually, copying it for USCIS or a consulate is allowed.

hi,
next month i will have interview and I don't have enough money in my bank account. I have a friend in US, he lives there ~8 years. He is also a dv winner, but he is not citizen of US. What I think to do: he will send me a postal mail, that he will take care of me, he will give me a job (he has his own company) etc. :)
Is it enough? Or he must be citizen of US?>
Thanks

Hi there,

No problem, my sponsor also became a US citizen by naturalization. She never sent a copy her passport/certificate of naturalization. She only quoted the certificate number on the I-134 form. All went well.

Oh... thanks god, you got out from the same situation as I am going to face, hope I will be lucky as you with in in a few days. But, ultimately it depends upon consuler ????:confused:

It is not a requirement to attached as evidence a copy of the naturalized citizen's certificate nor copy of Green Card holder's card. The A# or certification # that is asked for on the I-134 is sufficient. The consular rep can easily obtain all details about the sponsor simply by entering the information into the immigration computer system. Just make sure to ask your sponsor to verify his or her A# and/or certification #.

To ease your fears I am a sponsor and I did not include evidence copy of my certification, except to type in the requested information on I-134.

Oh... thanks god, you got out from the same situation as I am going to face, hope I will be lucky as you with in in a few days. But, ultimately it depends upon consuler ????:confused:

Hello friends, Thanks for your clarification.

I have 3 querries.

1) I just noticed that my sponsor file old version of I-134 which was exp 04-03-07. Does that make any differnce ? He did so because in (ammended version 10/30/08) new form there is no place to write the commission person's details when doing notary public. - my question is does that has to be new version ??

2) I am a family of four. Does my sponsor has to file seperate I-134 form for each person ? In No.4 of the form - "This affidavit is made by me for the purpose of assuring the US Government that the person(s) named in item (3) will not become a public charge in the United States". It mean this assurance is all the person included in No. 3 in my view !!!

3) I got 2 sponsor (I asked two friends incase ...). Can I submit 2 sponsor's I-134 or just to simplify - one will be enough ?

Your quick response is highly appreciated, time is running out.......