No stamp of entry

Sal9864

Hello friends, I visited US after two years and few days before my entry permit was about to expire. I landed in los angeles and went through automated machine immigration smoothly. I scanned my GC and passport and I was through immigration in few seconds. I left few days later to new delhi and I'll be back in 4 months. I noticed nobody put stamp on my passport. how will they know I arrived 4 months ago in my next trip? Also, delhi emigration checks if you have been out of USA for a year before issuing to boarding pass.

seems like a problem to me. any solutions or suggestions?

Thanks
Sal

The US has your data on computer. They don’t always stamp now.
I don’t know about Delhi or quite understand what you mean but if it’s on behalf of the US they will be able to acces the info with your passport number.

What do you mean by "visited"? You're a green card holder. Not all passports get an entry stamp in the US, but CBP has data on travelers.

In the last 5 years traveling through JFK for international flights once or twice some years my passport was stamped maybe once. My girl gets her passport stamped all the time She travels alot Which is weird!!! Guess it's up to CBP.... I've heard about ppl requesting the passport stamped That's something you should try doing next time you travel.

The US has your data on computer. They don’t always stamp now.
I don’t know about Delhi or quite understand what you mean but if it’s on behalf of the US they will be able to acces the info with your passport number.
they check docs before they give you boarding pass.

thanks for replies. I think i'll ask his next time to stamp my passport when I travel. also, i was able to pull out my dates from cbp site using travel history search. this forum is not allowing posting links. freedom of speech violation to curb spam.

hopefully, delhi emigration people will accept print of history of travel from cbp site. I'll also inquire on phone about it.

Delhi emigration wants to make sure you're not breaking either Indian, or as a green card holder, US laws.

You still didn't bother to clarify why you said you're visiting the US. From your previous thread, you seem to be living in India long-term while keeping the green card valid with a few days' trip to the US. Perhaps renewing the reentry permit. Well, that's between you and CBP.

Fascinating that Indian emigration authorities apparently get involved in enforcing US immigration regulations. I can understand airlines doing it because they’re on the hook for repatriation costs if documents aren’t in order, but first I’ve heard of something like this anywhere. Wonder if it’s a preliminary step towards preclearance facilities there? Are the guys checking the passports Indian government or cbp officials stationed locally?

@1AurCitizen - I was on re-entry permit and it has expiration. I have to visit usa to renew it. what do you do not understand? also, cbp does not issue reentry permit. it's uscis.

@1AurCitizen - I was on re-entry permit and it has expiration. I have to visit usa to renew it. what do you do not understand? also, cbp does not issue reentry permit. it's uscis.
I see issues with how you worded your post. You DO NOT visit the US as a green card holder, aka permanent resident. You travel to the US to renew the reentry permit. I know CBP does not renew those, I said your US entry is up to the CBP.

I see issues with how you worded your post. You DO NOT visit the US as a green card holder, aka permanent resident. You travel to the US to renew the reentry permit. I know CBP does not renew those, I said your US entry is up to the CBP.
no comments

Fascinating that Indian emigration authorities apparently get involved in enforcing US immigration regulations. I can understand airlines doing it because they’re on the hook for repatriation costs if documents aren’t in order, but first I’ve heard of something like this anywhere. Wonder if it’s a preliminary step towards preclearance facilities there? Are the guys checking the passports Indian government or cbp officials stationed locally?

Could it be that Indian exit immigration wants to ensure a US green card holder's travel to India was less than a year, perhaps part of a collaboration with CBP? I have dealt with Delhi exit immigration, and while I traveled on US passports, I've witnessed Indian passport holders being subject to scrutiny at adjacent immigration kiosks. They are all Indian government officials, no CBP. India has had ongoing issues with counterfeit documents and passports.

I don't see India allowing US pre-clearance in my lifetime.

do you guys think I can convince Indian emigration people with cbp site travel history printouts?

People here have been telling you cbp doesn’t really stamp anymore, I can guarantee you will not be the first person they’ve seen without a passport stamp. Again, if you can get the info, I promise you they can too.
Btw if you were only in US a few days you clearly did not renew re-entry permit, so I tend to agree you need to worry more about cbp than Delhi. What ties to the US will you have to describe?

People here have been telling you cbp doesn’t really stamp anymore, I can guarantee you will not be the first person they’ve seen without a passport stamp
but they do inquire very well. check all dates in my passports and then ask for my re-entry permit. so, I need to find good way of convincing these people

People here have been telling you cbp doesn’t really stamp anymore, I can guarantee you will not be the first person they’ve seen without a passport stamp. Again, if you can get the info, I promise you they can too.
Btw if you were only in US a few days you clearly did not renew re-entry permit, so I tend to agree you need to worry more about cbp than Delhi. What ties to the US will you have to describe?
i have filed reentry permit app. I have 4 months to do biometric. I have all ties to usa like bank accounts, business registered in usa, credit cards etc etc

4 months for biometrics?? What FO /ASC is that that is so busy?? ( I presume you know that technically you’re not supposed to leave the US between application and bio right? - see top of p2 https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/B5en.pdf)

I had a US bank account for a long time before I moved here, meaningless as a tie. I guess you’ve been filing tax returns though.
Anyway suggest you find some Indian specific site about Delhi emigration requirements, we tend to be more interested in this forum with getting into the US than with being allowed to leave somewhere else!

4 months for biometrics?? What FO /ASC is that that is so busy?? ( I presume you know that technically you’re not supposed to leave the US between application and bio right? - see top of p2 ...

I had a US bank account for a long time before I moved here, meaningless as a tie. I guess you’ve been filing tax returns though.
Anyway suggest you find some Indian specific site about Delhi emigration requirements, we tend to be more interested in this forum with getting into the US than with being allowed to leave somewhere else!
tax returns - yes. what else you suggest for ties? I am paying a storage rental too. My lawyers says ties proof won't be needed if you have re-entry permit as that's what it is for i.e to maintain intent to be lawful PR. yes, you have 4 months to do biometric and you can do it on subsequent trip. its not about being asc busy or not busy. it's applicant choice. I am sure there is another document for this clarification on uscis site. My lawyer has confirmed that I can do it on next trip within 4 months.

4 months for biometrics?? What FO /ASC is that that is so busy?? ( I presume you know that technically you’re not supposed to leave the US between application and bio right? - see top of p2 https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/B5en.pdf)

immigration to somewhere = emigration from somewhere. it's all connected