• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

No Second Letter But Number Is Current Af

charleston

Registered Users (C)
Im DV2006 32XXX. Im a little worried because I havent received my 2nd letter yet. My sister in USA called KCC to enquire what we do in the event that we dont receive the second letter by the end of this week. They told her we should be patient and that our interview is in mid August. Does anyone know what happens if you dont receive the 2nd letter at all? How long should I wait. Im from Kenya. Thanks.

RE:No second letter but number is current AF

I have not received my second package either but I'm not worried yet because my case number will be current in September. Did KCC tell you when your appointment date is or did they just say it's in mid August? Even though you have not received your appointment letter, it may be good idea to start getting your paperwork together. Previous posts on this forum have details on what information is included in the second package. The documents listed in the 2nd package are the same as the ones in the 1st.
They are:
_ birth certificate
_ marriage certificate ( and divorce if applicable )
_ death certificate ( if applicable, for spouse or children )
_ deportation papers if applicable
_ police certificate
_ court and prison records
_ proof of High School diploma ( and higher education if any )
_ Evidence of support :
* affidavit of support ( I134 ) ( by a USC or LPR )
* job offer in the US
* money or assets on your name
_ your passport
_ US-size photos
_ medical exam : the 2nd package will indicate the list of accredited physicians. From previous posts, I know that the accredited physicians for DV winners in Kenya are located at the Sarit centre.
If you don't receive your Appointment letter by your interview date, I would still encourage you to go to the American Consulate. They have a list of DV lottery winners scheduled for an interview on a particular date, so your name will be on the list.
Good luck.

Steste, Thanks so much for your response. Actually KCC gave me an actual date for the interview but I prefer not to put it here. What I dont know is whether I have to have forms or something to go with to the Drs at Sarit centre. I also remember seeing some names on another forum. Can someone please tell me whether if I dont get my 2nd letter in the next few weeks if I can see a Dr. without forms ie. is there something in that letter that one uses to go see the Drs??? Thanks again.

Yes, you need the form DS-2053 which you can get from the embassy in Nairobi.Check out their web site, here is a copy of the info:

Medical exams are required for certain types of United States visas. Such medical examinations must be performed by one of the following physicians:

NAIROBI MOMBASA
Dr. O.S. Dogra
Sarit Center - 4th Floor
P.O. Box 40384 Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: 4449592/3 Dr. A. J. Meyerhold
Sarit Center - 4th Floor
P. O. Box 40384
Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: 3745719
E-mail address : ajm@nbi.ispkenya.com
(subject line : visa requirements) Dr. C. B. Patel
City House, Moi Avenue
Mombasa Medical Practice
P. O. Box 80681
Mombasa, Kenya
Tel 041-222857/8
Dr. J. W. Kitulu
Sarit Center - 4th Floor
P. O. Box 41334
Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: 4449291/92 Dr. L. M. Asuga
Sarit Center - 4th Floor
P. O. Box 40384
Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: 4449592/3
NO OTHER MEDICAL EXAMINATIONS ARE ACCEPTABLE TO THE
U.S. EMBASSY IN NAIROBI

The correct medical examination forms (DS-2053) are available from the U.S. Embassy. The doctor will require two photographs and the Embassy will require two more photographs. Applicants will therefore require a total of five photographs. Completion of the medical and all related tests require at least one week. Be sure to schedule your medical appointment well in advance of your visa interview date..............

I have a question. on a previous message posted on this forum, someone had suggested that the form DS-2053-Medical examination for immigrant or refugee applicant could be downloaded in PDF format from the following link:http://foia.state.gov/FORMS/visa.asp. I opened the link but wasn't able to find the forms. Other than going to the American Embassy for the forms, is there any other webpage where the forms can be downloaded?

Charleston, seems like your best bet would be to get the DS-2053 forms from the American Embassy.You can find their phone number and hours of operation on their website. Thanks Raia for making that suggestion. Since your interview is scheduled for mid August, you need to act on this quickly so you can schedule your appointment for the medical exam. And don't lose hope regarding your appointment letter. I know the postal service can be slow and unreliable at times, but you never know, you may still recieve your appointment letter in the mail. Good luck!!

Thanks so much. That information is very helpful. I will call the embassy right away and find out how i can collect those forms so that i can start the medicals straight away coz I dont want to bandle the tests into one week. I also have a 1 yr boy and have to find out what tests he will require. Thank you all very much.

Medical forms

I believe that by now that you've received you second notification letter. They usually send it ~ a month before your interview date. As regards the medical form DS-2053, you can actually go ahead and make a copy. Talk to any of the doctors at Sarit or make a copy from another DV applicant, even though that may be difficult. Once you have an interview date you are set; just relax, you will definitely interview.

Here is a link with some of the forms even though it doesnt contain medical form DS-2053.
http://foia.state.gov/FORMS/allforms.asp

Later and take care..the interview will be a walkover; Its basically a document check. Most of the consular officials at the American Embassy in Nairobi are very pleasant and they adore honesty...

Good luck..

Just though I would let you know of my experience as it may be relevant. I have never recieved my 2nd package from KCC. I confirmed my interview date with KCC then I had to email the local US Consulate and they forwarded all the necessary forms EXCEPT DS-2053. Aparently these are no longer provided to applicants and the panel physicians are supposed to provide these. My physicians knew nothing about this but used obselete copies anyway. I'm really hoping this doesnt cause complications.

Anyway the point is if you dont have your 2nd package from KCC and you know your Interview is a month away... contact someone fast.

medical forms for download

I've found medical forms and posted them to my rapidshare. The links are below.

Please note that unless you have a premium account with rapidshare you need to choose free download mode. The you will be presented with a download dialog, after which you just "Save As...". You might be required to wait some time before being able to download (in case your IP exceed available download quota for free users), in which case just return after certain specified period to be able to download.

I dont know of a site where the forms can be downloaded.I didnt find them at the state dept site either.
After googling the best that i came up with is the following link from the CDC on the instructions........check it out and see if it is beneficial to you.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/ds-forms-instructions.pdf

you don't need the medical forms, since the doctors will have them. If the doctors don't have current forms, I'd question their designation by the consulate.

Send An Email To Kcc Requesting To Know When You Are Scheduled For Interview, If They Reply Your Email, Take The Email To The Consulate In Kenya. They Would Confirm It Since They Would Have Gotten Their Copy Of The 2nd Notice.