No same day EAD in Boston

Re: It is true

canGC123,

I come under Manchester, INS office. As per them, we are supposed to go to Boston, INS for EAD and AP. I renewed my EAD at Boston, INS on 10/10/2002, without any problems. Don't know about what has happened in the last few weeks.

Oh, btw, Manchester office is a very small office and can only do FP as far as I know.

thanks

Originally posted by canGC123
I just contacted the lawyer and it is confirmed that they changed the rules late last week. Does anyone know the boston people can go to nearyby offices. Manchester or something else. I do not even know that the other centers will process them.

Some more dumb questions?

Now that INS boston has screwed us.... i have a few questions.

1) Can i apply for emergency AP if there is any thing like that. what is the procedure to do so.

2) If INS boston is accepting EAD and AP applications, are they just forwarding the applications to INS vermont or do they make the decission but at a later date.

3) Any thing that save my ass. I have confirmed to india for 12/30/2002 for both my wife and myself.

4) Does it make sence to go to india and have some one send the AP to India address (can INS do that). Is this risky, has any one's EAD renewal or AP been rejected before.

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
any answeres will be appretiated.
fisa

Re: Some more dumb questions?

Fisa
I can only give some suggestions on 3) below:

Originally posted by fisa
Now that INS boston has screwed us.... i have a few questions.

1) Can i apply for emergency AP if there is any thing like that. what is the procedure to do so.

2) If INS boston is accepting EAD and AP applications, are they just forwarding the applications to INS vermont or do they make the decission but at a later date.

3) Any thing that save my ass. I have confirmed to india for 12/30/2002 for both my wife and myself.
My wife left for India, in Jan '02 and I started in Feb '02. At the time of her leaving, her EAD and AP had not reached us. But before my departure, I received everything and I carried the same with me. Not that we used it, as we had valid H1 and H4 status respectively and used that to re-enter.

When you leave the country, no one asks you for anything, problem is while coming back. At that time, I had asked my attorney as to what to do, and she replied that I can carry the AP with me. And then when I told her that we have valid visas, you can use to re-enter.

So basically it's your decision, you need to have a 'valid re-entry permit' either H1 or AP to return to US.

Thanks

4) Does it make sence to go to india and have some one send the AP to India address (can INS do that). Is this risky, has any one's EAD renewal or AP been rejected before.

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
any answeres will be appretiated.
fisa

Damn it!

My wife's EAD will expire next month. We schedule to go there tomorrow for her EAD renewal. Damn! But we'll try it anyway.
What if she couldn't get her EAD before it expires? Does she have to ask her employer to stop her paycheck? Please advise.
Thanks.

:mad:

El Liu

If she has used her EAD for work, then she cannot work without the EAD. In fact her employer itself would raise a flag asking for renewed EAD or the actual GC itself.

Don't worry, renew ASAP, everything will be fine.

VSC is renewing very fast these days.

Thanks

it's true

I was in BOSTON INS office this morning, and same story as other people. They changed policy after getting request from Congress last Friday. Everyone applying EAD/AP will get a piece of paper(procedure change announcement)

"You will get a decision by mail, however we don't know how long it will take. If you don't get it after 30 days, you can come back with receipt of payment and we will put a trace on it..." that's what my officer said.

Good luck everyone!

Rick,

What document you have to submitt with your EAD renewal application.? Do we need photograph.?

Mine, mife wifes & my sons EAD expired in 1st week of Jan.
I was planing to go boston for renew it in next week.

I was in Boston INS for Passport stamping yesterday, and a lady in front of me was there for AP. She was told by the person issuing token that its not same day affair anymore. The lady
told she is travelling in a week. she was asked to talk to the person on counter (of course when her token is called!! )for the exact amount of time it will take.

The guy at Boston INS told me that they may or may not have to send the EAD documents to VSC. Some one officer told me that they are doing some cases based on "case". But our lawyer confirmed that BOSTON office is doing some cases. The reasoning is "If you have your application anywhere,except at BOSTON INS,they are not doing same day EAD renewal ".

Originally posted by nh_gc
I was in Boston INS for Passport stamping yesterday, and a lady in front of me was there for AP. She was told by the person issuing token that its not same day affair anymore. The lady
told she is travelling in a week. she was asked to talk to the person on counter (of course when her token is called!! )for the exact amount of time it will take.

yeah she told me the same thing this morning.
it is called clockwork. one woman tells you to go talk to the other and the other one tells you that you are a sucker and not going to get anything anyway (while she is taking your money).
it's just because the first woman doesn't want to be the one who brings bad news.
the truth is, nobody at INS cares about your problems. you are just another sucker. you are going to give them your money anyway. it doesn't matter if you want or not, you will anyway.
they don't care what their own website or their own phone system says. in INS, S stands for "screw you", not for "Service".

EAD Renewal Boston

Till now i was silent visitor. I appreciate all those who r running this site efficiently. Seeing somewhere in this site that boston ins office is no longer renewing ead on the same day , we rushed to boston office. Our eads r expiring on december 1st & also as we have recieved rfe we were worried. We reached ins office by 6.50 a.m today. There was a very long queue. we were in by 7.40a.m. First the officer who gives tokens, confirmed that ins is no longer renewing ead on the same day. Fortunately, we got our eads renewed by 2.00p.m. Long long wait. Thanks to God! What i infered from this is that if we file case from boston office they'll renew on the same day.(also i suppose the alien # should start with Alphabet "A"). I am not sure in which cases they'll renew on the same day.

I also went to the Boston INS to renew my EAD today and got it renewed after a long wait. Looks like they are renewing EADs if it is issued in their office and your name is not appearing in the ISBS background investigation system.

Last edited by a moderator:
My recent visit confirms it

Guys,

I visited INS boston last monday (11/18) for my passport stamping and saw a notice from a desi family indicating that EAD card/AP couldn't be processed same day (I think effective 11/12) and should bring the notice when indicated.

harivillu & Dowser

Which countries do you belong to?. Did they ask any questions before they issue the cards. I got EAD from this same office last year and my number starts with A#. It will expire in Jan 2003.

So I went to BOSTON INS office on Tuesday after seeing this thread. I am not sure what is the criteria here. They said come back after 30 days if not received within that time. I have about 50 days left before my EAD expires. Should I go and meet them some time in December.

My wife and I went there on Nov. 19

They couldn't give her the renewal. Ask her to wait for another 30 days. What is going on there? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

E| Liu,

Did you get your Ead renewed same day ?? Did they take application of your wide or simly say to come back after 30 days.

I am planning to go Boston INS next week for renewal of EAD for me,my wife & my son.

Thanks

EAD and Advance parole

Guys, read the following. This is from www.immigration-law.com

============>
No Same Day EAD and Advance Parole

There are news all over today that the local INS District Offices stopped issuing EAD and Advance Parole same day. This news includes the INS District Office in Minnesota. AILA has reported that the INS HQ apparently sent out an unpublished memo to the field offices not to issue EAD and Advance Parole same day. Apparently, issuance of EAD and Advance Parole are conditioned upon security clearance. This change includes not only employment-based cases but also all other cases including family-based proceedings. People should learn to deal with the ever-toughening immigration proceedings and to plan ahead of time for everything from now on. Life gets to be stressful and difficult.
<===========

Quick

She didn't get her renewal. She got a notice after submitting her application. If she didn't get a notice from them in 30 days, she can come to the Boston office and they'll check on her case. (I didn't have the notice with me but I believe that's what it says...)

You don't need to bring photos. Just the application, money order, and passport.

There is a remark on my wife's application form. The officer says she has to turn in her EAD card 'later'. I suppose it means when my wife got her new card, she has to turn in the old card...

My story

I had posted a new thread last evening, after getting back from BOSTON INS office.
I was able to get EAD renewal and Advance parole for both my wife and myself.

looks like they are very careful who gets the ead and ap these days. I have no idea what the criterion is to approve EAD and AP

good luck
fisa