No same day EAD in Boston

I am planning to go boston INS on next Monday or Tuseday,
for EAD Renewal

I will post my experience after coming back

El Liu --- Thanks for reply to my post

Quick

We r from India. They did'nt ask even a single question before accepting our aplication. On the day we went there was some meeting which lasted for couple of hours. Might b they took some decision then. I was surprised when we got our ead as one officer who gives tokens confirmed that boston ins office is no longer issuing eads on the same day. I think they r not issuing(for the first time) on the same day & they r renewing on same day.

copied from immi-law website

Updated 11/21/2002: Good News for EAD/AP Application in Minnesota INS District Office

Unconfirmed sources indicate that despite our report yesterday that district offices ceased to process EAD/AP same day, the INS District Office in Minnesota will continue its prior practice of issuing the EAD the same day at least until January 3, 2003. More good news: the sources also indicate that it includes the employment-based EAD applications!!

It is unclear exactly what transpired yesterday, but the sources indicate that the INS HQ reconsidered its decision and gave a go-ahead based on the theory that the approved EAD/AP can be easily revoked, should the INS find negative evidence. It thus appears that as of today, the INS district offices that used to issue EAD same day may continue to issue the EAD same day at least until January 3, 2003. People may want to contact their INS District Offices to learn the local practice in their jurisdiction as of today.