No Response after applying I-90 for correction

aj1999

Registered Users (C)
I got my physical card on March 14th and there was error in my name and I went to local office(Charleston,SC) on March 15th and applied for I-90 giving back the card.

Now TSC is processing 4/7/2005 applications and I applied on 03/15/2005. I haven't received any receipt or any approval letter. Since I don't have the receipt number, I am not able to chck the status. I called 1-800 number and they transferred me to some Immigration officer, he took my A# number and he told that my I-90 application is not in the system and wanted me to send G-732T form and I sent it and no response.

Is it normal that we will not get I-90 receipt number. I have no clue what to do next.

I will really appreciate any feedback on this issue,

Thank you

you should receive a notice of action in the mail. it contains the EAC number which you can track.

my wife file I-90 3/22 and no feedback yet.

I applied for the correction on March 15th, went to Charleston office, gave 2 photos and fingur prints.

After one month I called I-800 number and I talked with an Immigration officer and they told, they cannot see any I-90 Application on my name and they wanted me to send I-731T form to texas to check the status, After one month I called the i-800 number and I told that I haven't received the receipt number and that guy told the same thing that they don't have any I-90 Application in my name and he told the application might have lost on the way from the Charleston Office to Texas and he wanted me to wait for 1 more month.

After one month , I called and the same response and this time I was told to visit the Charleston office and enquire about it. I went there and they told that it's common, they might not have taken my application from the heap and they have nothing to do with that and wanted me to come back after 1 year, if I am not getting the card corrected.

I don't know what to do and is this normal? Anyone else had the same situation. Without a receipt number, I am not able to understand, what's going on. Now it's 3 months now after I applied for I-90, which I handed manually.

I would like to get some advise about the next step and I would like someone to share their experience,

Thank you

aj1999 said:
I got my physical card on March 14th and there was error in my name and I went to local office(Charleston,SC) on March 15th and applied for I-90 giving back the card.

Now TSC is processing 4/7/2005 applications and I applied on 03/15/2005.
---------- the processing time info is not always correct
I haven't received any receipt or any approval letter.
-------------------- you should have recieved Reciept notice after 10-15 days of filing I-90 wilh local USCIS
Since I don't have the receipt number, I am not able to chck the status. I called 1-800 number and they transferred me to some Immigration officer, he took my A# number and he told that my I-90 application is not in the system and wanted me to send G-732T form and I sent it and no response.
---------- send the form G-732T and also visit local USCIS office where you filed I-90. have you given index fingerprint,2 photographs and signature when you filed I-90? I suspect that the Local USCIS has not sent the white form to your service center. visit local USCIS and ask the info. update the thread with your latest info
Is it normal that we will not get I-90 receipt number.
----yes
I have no clue what to do next.
------------- send the form G-732T AND ALSO visit local USCIS for info
I will really appreciate any feedback on this issue,

Thank you
*** you can also contact your congressman office to fllowup and you will get the results faster. update that office everything in writing in detail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the response.

I did send G-732T and did visited the local office where I applied for I-90. When I applied I gave 2 photographs and fingure printing of index fingures, not it's exactly 3 months, but haven't received the receipt number.

I talked with the lady in the local office last week, who took the index fingure printing when I applied for I-90 on March 15th. She said it's sent and she said that the application is sent to a warehouse in Texas and sometimes it will take time for them to take the application, once the application is physically handled, then only they will enter the application information into the central computer system and send the receipt number and as of her, there is nothing to be panicked about. If I am not getting the GC within 1 year, then I have to come back to the same local office.

I have to travel next month to India, even though I have PP stamped, I am scared. I heard that some people had problems in India when they started from India to US. I don't have the I-485 approval notice with me, but only have PP stamped.

If the local USCIS office is saying come after 1 year, I don't know whether I can do anything. I called the I-800 number and they connected me 3 times to the immigration officer and all have the same answer saying that the application is cannot be found in the computer.

aj1999 said:
Thank you for the response.

I did send G-732T and did visited the local office where I applied for I-90. When I applied I gave 2 photographs and fingure printing of index fingures, not it's exactly 3 months, but haven't received the receipt number.

I talked with the lady in the local office last week, who took the index fingure printing when I applied for I-90 on March 15th. She said it's sent and she said that the application is sent to a warehouse in Texas and sometimes it will take time for them to take the application, once the application is physically handled, then only they will enter the application information into the central computer system and send the receipt number
------- she seems to be correct

and as of her, there is nothing to be panicked about. If I am not getting the GC within 1 year, then I have to come back to the same local office.
------------ these days it does not take 1 year to get a card.
** did you ask her to get your passport again when filed I-90? did they write on passport that "replacement for card filed" or you have the stamp that you got first time after approval?
I have to travel next month to India, even though I have PP stamped, I am scared. I heard that some people had problems in India when they started from India to US.
------------ I have also read that, but they posted some info from Bombay airport Indian immigration officers and not from airlines. they have posted that they asked for other document like US DL,one can talk to supervisor if they create problem, they have not stoped anybody. if you read other thread person had Indian passport issued by US consulate in US and stamp they had concern about passport and officer asked the other officer and no problem with that becase person showed the expired indian passport also. many who get I-485 approved in local office dont get I-485 approval notice because they get the passport stamp.
I don't have the I-485 approval notice with me, but only have PP stamped.
---------------- was your case approved after interview in local office? by law you can travel with valid passport stamp.

If the local USCIS office is saying come after 1 year, I don't know whether I can do anything.
--------- I think you have to wait for the reply to the G-732T
I called the I-800 number and they connected me 3 times to the immigration officer and all have the same answer saying that the application is cannot be found in the computer.

Thank you very much for the response. The lady checked my Passport while applying for the I-90 and the initial stamping was valid upto December, so she said that no new stamping is required.

The only problem is that I have no proof that I applied, I appreciate your response regarding the travel with stamped Passport