No receipt for N-400 app

Good question. Compared to my naturalization experience, and that of others who underwent the process at the same time as I, USCIS really seems to have gotten their act together. I'd be curious to know the reason behind the recent check cashing/receipting delays.

I think it has to do with statistics. As long as they deal with a certain number of applications at a time, they will keep within the "acceptable" processing time which they finally manage to accomplish. In order words whatever application they don't touch is not part of the statistics. (Just an opinion from the economist in me...)

I think it has to do with statistics. As long as they deal with a certain number of applications at a time, they will keep within the "acceptable" processing time which they finally manage to accomplish. In order words whatever application they don't touch is not part of the statistics. (Just an opinion from the economist in me...)

I doubt you are correct since this loophole would have been caught by a watch-dog office (such as the USCIS Ombudsman) and would have been rectified. So I am thinking that there is another reason.

It appears most of the folks here experiencing delays sent their applications using regular USPS mail... There is a separate address for regular and separate address for courier mail ...Wondering if the regular mail processing at the lockbox has run into delays.

I doubt you are correct since this loophole would have been caught by a watch-dog office (such as the USCIS Ombudsman) and would have been rectified. So I am thinking that there is another reason.

But this check cashed/NOA issue seems fairly new. Will take a while for ombudsman to catch on. (BTW Ombudsman still has not detected the GC lost in the mail scheme.....:))

It appears most of the folks here experiencing delays sent their applications using regular USPS mail... There is a separate address for regular and separate address for courier mail ...Wondering if the regular mail processing at the lockbox has run into delays.

I doubt that. Some floks have been using FEDEX as well.

yes, some folks sent fedex .. they also did not get any update. All these issues showing up for folks who sent after mid May 2009

I believe we all should have something in common on the application, or is just too weird why some document will delay.

What is common among all of us.

Just out of curiosity. How many of us here applied for I 751 at VSC and got transferred and approved from CSC. I was and got I 751 approved by CSC in MARCH 09 after 9 months.:confused:

No receipt, check not cashed

Any one check got cleared who applied after June 1 st week ? I sent both the applications (mine and wife) in one envelop (not sure if this is an issue ??), 2 seperate checks (on the checks I had old address which I scrached and put my new address, not sure if this is an issue ??). Sent to Phoenix on 11 th by USPS certified mail and it reached 15 th (got the return signature receipt). Not sure what is wrong with my application ??
I have two other friends who sent during the same time to same Phoenix address, same USPS certified mail and got the FP notice last week, only difference is one application (wife is not eligible yet).

Thanks

No recipt for n-400 aplication

thanks for letting us know your progress. I'll just wait patiently for a few more weeks.

N-400 sent: June 2
Received: June 3

Hi katelynn like you i had also sent n-400 on june 4 and traking shows that USCIS recived it on june 5. Still no answer. I called Uscis 1800 number and talked to 2nd level officer. He didnt gave me any hope. Uscis havent took 645$ out of my account, it shows my application is still sitting in there mail room. It can take 45days or more " told by USCIS customer services rep". But where there is a will there is a way. Good will help us. Please do post if u recive any reponce.

Hi katelynn like you i had also sent n-400 on june 4 and traking shows that USCIS recived it on june 5. Still no answer. I called Uscis 1800 number and talked to 2nd level officer. He didnt gave me any hope. Uscis havent took 645$ out of my account, it shows my application is still sitting in there mail room. It can take 45days or more " told by USCIS customer services rep". But where there is a will there is a way. Good will help us. Please do post if u recive any reponce.

You needed to send $675 not $645.

D/O : (DC)
05/20/09 : N-400 Mailed TX lockbox
05/22/09 : USPS mail delivered
07/08/09 : Nothing Happened :-(

Nothing happens still. I will for sure post any progress ... hopefully soon.

D/O : (DC)
05/20/09 : N-400 Mailed TX lockbox
05/22/09 : USPS mail delivered
07/08/09 : Nothing Happened :-(

It's been more than 45 days. Have you tried calling the USCIS and requesting to speak with a 2nd level representative?

It's been more than 45 days. Have you tried calling the USCIS and requesting to speak with a 2nd level representative?
Called on 7/1/09 and spoke with a nice 2nd level rep. He couldn't find my record and suggested me to wait one more week. I will call them tomorrow if nothing happens.

I have my InfoPass appointment tomorrow regarding my N-400. I will update you guys what he/she says....

Ijohnrod, Pls post your experience at infopass. it helps me to plan my infopass appointment.

But 2nd level IO at cust srvice and infopass IO will see same datbase.. ? If so, not sure there is any extra help from infopass IO