No receipt for N-400 app

Guys, Thanks for the input. I am hoping not to file a second application. Let's see what happens...

Formerf1 - Good advice. I will get the name and the employee nbr of the supervisor... just incase I need it in future. I will also keep that information in the cover letter of the second application.

SumitShrivas - Sorry to hear that you are in the same boat. Hopefully we all receive our receipts in the next couple of days :)

Dallaspen - You are right. If I send my N-400 for the second time... I will definitely send them in different envelopes and ask them for the return receipt. Do not want to go thru this again.

All of you (who are waiting for the receipts) please update rest of us if you hear from USCIS. I will do the same. Best of luck. -J

I sent my N-400 to the Phoenix Lockbox on 6/2, and the tracking shows it was received on 6/3. I haven't received the notice of receipt either. My check still hasn't been posted. I am getting very worried. Several people that I know who applied before all told me that they received the receipt in about 2 weeks. I am planning to call them next week. But I don't know if they can be any help ... and not sure what I should be next.

All of you who have sent in application not even 1 month ago and haven't have check cashed need to be patient. Only once it's been more than 45 days and check still not cashed inquire with USCIS. Before then you'll only drive yourself mad thinking what happened.

Not recived any reply from USCIS

It looks like you and me are in the same boat. I had also sent my n-400 application to uscis lock box facility Louisville taxes on 06/05/2009 through USPS registered mail. I haven't received any reply from uscis and they haven't cashed 675$ cheque from my account. Its been almost 1 month now. I had called USCIS and this is the what they said " One should wait for 30 days after filling the n-400 for NOA". Call USIS after 30 days.

I scanned current forum archive links. No body reported this issue until April, 2009. So far i can count 6 cases where folks having 'no response' issue from USCIS . All sent in May or June 2009 to TX or AZ lockboxes. Not sure why this is happening only now

I scanned current forum archive links. No body reported this issue until April, 2009. So far i can count 6 cases where folks having 'no response' issue from USCIS . All sent in May or June 2009 to TX or AZ lockboxes. Not sure why this is happening only now

I guess it depends on each situation. My friend finish his finger print yesterday in Dallas. He only submit a week before me. I was also worried something wrong with my check or document, but it seems everyone got the reject document after two weeks. :(

Bobsmyth:
Thanks for your advise. I guess I'll try to wait for 45 days coming. I wait almost five years for it, 45days should be nothing. :D

I posted my N-400 on May 11th and it was received by Phoenix lockbox on May 14th. Its been 7 weeks... I didn't get a receipt nor my checks are cashed. This is driving me crazy. -J

Last edited by a moderator:
Katelynn, Read my earlier mails. USCIS helpline is not at all helpful. They will esclate your call to the 2nd level IO, but they are of no help either. Without a receipt nbr... they cannot access your N-400 application because its not in the system yet. Its been driving me crazy. Hopefully all of us get the receipts pretty soon. -J

Katelynn, Read my earlier mails. USCIS helpline is not at all helpful. They will esclate your call to the 2nd level IO, but they are of no help either. Without a receipt nbr... they cannot access your N-400 application because its not in the system yet. Its been driving me crazy. Hopefully all of us get the receipts pretty soon. -J

They can determine if your application has been initially processed with your A#, it just depends on which IO you talk to..

I have recd my notice:

My Timeline:
05/21/2009: N-400 mailed to PHX PO Box (by regular mail, not certified mail)
06/16/2009: Checks Cashed
05/26/2009: Priority Date
06/11/2009: Notice Date
06/23/2009 : FP Notice Recd (Me)
06/25/2009 : FP Notice Recd (My wife)
07/09/2009 : FP Appointment

NOA not recived

I mailed my N-400 to TX Lockbox on 11June09 I havent herd anything from them. I called today they said to wait 30 days before calling and it is normal. My check has not been cashed yet. :mad:

I mailed my N-400 to TX Lockbox on 11June09 I havent herd anything from them. I called today they said to wait 30 days before calling and it is normal. My check has not been cashed yet. :mad:

It's only been just over 2 weeks..be patient and give it at least 30-45 days.

I have mailed my application around May 12, regular mail to AZ and no notice. Finally my check has been cashed yesterday!

So sounds like they are just slow now, for whatever reason

Vlan, Very good news... Then we all have hope. We sent our application on May 11th thru regular mail too. Thx. -J

thanks for letting us know your progress. I'll just wait patiently for a few more weeks.

N-400 sent: June 2
Received: June 3