No receipt for N-400 app

Yes. There are enough funds in the bank to cover both the checks. I have been checking it almost everyday to see if they have cashed it. But they didn't. Do you think this has anything to do with reducing the backlog before picking up any new applications? Remember... they have comeup with a news release couple of days back that they almost eliminated the backlog. Whatever the reason is... it is making us nervous :( -J

The backlog reduction had to do with FBI name check, not initial processing. Give it another 3 weeks. If your check isn't cashed by then consider application lost and send in a new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you do send out a fresh application with a fresh payment, make sure you call your bank and issue a stop payment on the first checks. You dont want USCIS to suddenly find the first application and encash the original checks in addition to your fresh payment. Chances of you getting a refund from USCIS are extremely slim.

dallaspen

Look like we are in the same boat.. I send the application through USPS and have dilivery confirmation, but my check is not cashed and no notices.

DID your Check cashed?

did they sign for it? was it an express mail or at least certfied mail, return receipt requested?

If they did not sign for it, it is impossible to trace the application or get credit from the USCIS.

Hi IjohnRod,

In my case, my check dont' have my address just contains with ABA and account#..it's belongs dcu.org CU

I did not write my DL#. Some times, companies won't accept checks like this.. May be this is the issue

Can one have two ongoing N-400 applications in the meantime? This can happen if one send in a new one but the USCIS just also acknowledge the old
one.

If two applications are both active, one does two FP, get two interview, go to
two interview until attend at least one oath and then dump the other.

Guys, Thanks for the responses. I really appreciate all of your inputs. Do you guys know anyone who are/were in this situation before? If so, How did they resolve their issue?

Anyways...

Prithis - Good suggestion. I will keep a stop payment on my earlier checks if I sent a new application.

Comcast - I sent an USPS certified mail. I should have asked for an return receipt. That's my mistake. I know the address we sent the application is PO box... do you think there will be someone physically present to sign hundreds of applications everyday. I don't know! Just by looking at the USPS tracking system, It says package was delivered but doesn't specify anyone signing.

Dallaspen - Sorry to hear that you are in the same situation. My checks have the address and the phone number on them. I thnik we wrote our A-numbers on each check. So, if someone cashs them, we can see the photocopy online.

WBH - Thanks for the input. Do you know anyone who gone thru 2 N-400 application process? Why going thru the same thing twice… Can't they just annul the first one if the second one is already being processed.

-J

Can one have two ongoing N-400 applications in the meantime? This can happen if one send in a new one but the USCIS just also acknowledge the old
one.

I doubt that USCIS will process an application without the fee paid. I would simply send a new application after stopping the payment on the first one with a cover letter explaining the situation. Keep us posted.

one.

You can't have two active applications open. Sooner or later in the process they would discover this and either ask you to withdraw or close one.

I will advise you to send each application seperately, because these guys misplace files all the time and may not notice you have two applications.

Guys, I am new to forum, so bear with me. I and my wife applied for our N-400(Employment Basis) on May 11th. We sent it thru USPS (2 applications but one envelope) with confirmation. It is delivered to Phoenix office on May 14th. See below for the confirmation from the USPS -

Detailed Results:

- Delivered, May 14, 2009, 2:40 pm, PHOENIX, AZ 85034
- Arrival at Pick-Up-Point, May 14, 2009, 12:37 pm, PHOENIX, AZ 85036
- Arrival at Unit, May 14, 2009, 12:11 pm, PHOENIX, AZ 85034
- Acceptance, May 11, 2009, 1:56 pm

Here is the Problem - we didn't receive any receipts nor our checks are cashed till now. It is been very frustrating talking to the USCIS representative on phone since they cannot access my file without the receipt number.

Is this typical? I see everyone on this forum getting receipts within the 10 days of the mail delivery. What do you guys recommend us to do - file a new application or contact USPS to check whether it is really delivered? I am out of ideas here. Any help is appreciated.

I would also advise you to attach a cover letter to your second mailing begging the USCIS to give you the earlier priority date. Attach as much proof of the fact that you sent the earlier application as possible. Chances are slim that they will grant you this exception, but you never know.

I would also advise you to attach a cover letter to your second mailing begging the USCIS to give you the earlier priority date. Attach as much proof of the fact that you sent the earlier application as possible. Chances are slim that they will grant you this exception, but you never know.

What if the earlier priority dat is granted but later the IO wonder why priority data is earlier than receipt date and decide to put it on hold?

Today i spoke to cust service IO, she confirmed that no entry was found for my A#. She told me not to resend again.

Made an InfoPass appointment with local DO.

Guys, As a last resort, I have made an infopass appointment with my local DO office. I scheduled it 2 weeks from now. I am hoping to get the receipt by then. If not, we will take all of our documents and talk to an immigration service officer. If he/she tells us to file a new application, I will send a new one. By doing this... they will atleast have something on records that we are filing the second application as the first one being lost. Let me know if this is a good idea. I can still cancel the appointment, if anyone thinks otherwise. -J

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, As a last resort, I have made an infopass appointment with my local DO office. I scheduled it 2 weeks from now. I am hoping to get the receipt by then. If not, we will take all of our documents and talk to an immigration service officer. If he/she tells us to file a new application, I will send a new one. By doing this... they will atleast have something on records that we are filing the second application as the first one being lost. Let me know if this is a good idea. I can still cancel the appointment, if anyone thinks otherwise. -J

Sounds good to me! Make sure it is a supervisor you talk to when you go for infopass (hopefully not). Aslo get his name etc...before sending in a new application.

Good Luck.

My case is Same as yours - No receipt after 4 weeks

I applied on May 27th 2009 in LEWISVILLE TX. The check is not cashed and no receipt so far. I am waiting .

looks like we have 4 guys ..where nothing happend after sending N400. May be sending 2 applications with in one envlope is not good idea. I will wait until 07/10, then send them separately with fedex.

Pls share your thoughts.

looks like we have 4 guys ..where nothing happend after sending N400. May be sending 2 applications with in one envlope is not good idea. I will wait until 07/10, then send them separately with fedex.

Pls share your thoughts.

I'll gave them a call next Thursday. I will re-send it again if still no response.