No receipt for N-400 app

sanjit66

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
05/21/09: Mailed N400 to address below by Regular Mail (not certified mail):
PO Box 21251
Phoenix, AZ 85036

But my check has not been cashed and also, I have not received any mail from INS re priority date or notice date.

How can I find if they have recd my app? Can I call them and they can check by SSN?

Should I be worried? How long does it typically take to receive the receipt letter from INS?

thanks
sanjit

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont worry you will be fine. Usually it takes them 2 weeks to send the receipt after receiving the application so you still have time. You should have sent the application through certified mail with return receipt so this way you can track the package.

Hi,
PO Box 21251
Phoenix, AZ 85036

But my check has not been cashed and also, I have not received any mail from INS re priority date or notice date.

How can I find if they have recd my app? Can I call them and they can check by SSN?

Should I be worried? How long does it typically take to receive the receipt letter from INS?

thanks
sanjit

Mine took 2 weeks to arrive. It usually takes 1-3 weeks.

Hi,
PO Box 21251
Phoenix, AZ 85036

thanks
sanjit
Mine took more than two weeks to get receipt. Please see my signature.

hi..
I am new to this forum.. I send in my N400 6/12/09. No reply yet and my check is not cashed. I reviwed my application to make sure everything was fine, it seems like i send my photo with glasses and had some glare, will that be an issue.

Thanks.

hi..
I am new to this forum.. I send in my N400 6/12/09. No reply yet and my check is not cashed. I reviwed my application to make sure everything was fine, it seems like i send my photo with glasses and had some glare, will that be an issue.

Thanks.

Photos are not an issue. If photos are of bad quality or even missing,
they just tell you to bring phtotos to interviews in yellow letters
(you shoul dbring new photo anyway in case).

Wbh

Photos are not an issue. If photos are of bad quality or even missing,
they just tell you to bring phtotos to interviews in yellow letters
(you shoul dbring new photo anyway in case).

Unusual - No receipt for N-400 after 6 weeks.

Guys, I am new to forum, so bear with me. I and my wife applied for our N-400(Employment Basis) on May 11th. We sent it thru USPS (2 applications but one envelope) with confirmation. It is delivered to Phoenix office on May 14th. See below for the confirmation from the USPS -

Detailed Results:

- Delivered, May 14, 2009, 2:40 pm, PHOENIX, AZ 85034
- Arrival at Pick-Up-Point, May 14, 2009, 12:37 pm, PHOENIX, AZ 85036
- Arrival at Unit, May 14, 2009, 12:11 pm, PHOENIX, AZ 85034
- Acceptance, May 11, 2009, 1:56 pm

Here is the Problem - we didn't receive any receipts nor our checks are cashed till now. It is been very frustrating talking to the USCIS representative on phone since they cannot access my file without the receipt number.

Is this typical? I see everyone on this forum getting receipts within the 10 days of the mail delivery. What do you guys recommend us to do - file a new application or contact USPS to check whether it is really delivered? I am out of ideas here. Any help is appreciated.

Call the USCIS 1-800 number,choose option 1-2-3 tell the rep it's been more than 30 days since you applied and haven't received receipt number. They will transfer your call to an IO who will be able to look up in the system the status of your case.

pop321

I also in same boat. I sent on 06/11 from dallas,tx. Nothing after. May be i need to re-send them again after 30 days

hi..

Thanks.

It could be an issue if eyes aren't visible. Just bring a new set of photos to interview just in case.

Can eyeglasses be worn for the photo?
Eyeglasses worn on a daily basis can be worn for the photo. However, there should be no reflections from the eyeglasses that obscures the eyes.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/faq/faq_881.html

i am also in same situation. cust service is no help. they just asking receipt number. May be infopass way to go.. do you see any issue if go by infopass

i am also in same situation. cust service is no help. they just asking receipt number. May be infopass way to go.. do you see any issue if go by infopass

Did you talk to an IO? They will transfer your call to an IO if you use the method I've indicated.

Bob, Thanks for responding. I have called USCIS 1-800 number like 6 times. And talked to IO all 6 times. They all say they cannot access my file because we don't have the receipt numbers. No help from them. One even recommended me to send in the application(s) again. And the other told me to wait till 60 days before calling again. Do you recommend anything else? -J

Bob, Thanks for responding. I have called USCIS 1-800 number like 6 times. And talked to IO all 6 times. They all say they cannot access my file because we don't have the receipt numbers. No help from them. One even recommended me to send in the application(s) again. And the other told me to wait till 60 days before calling again. Do you recommend anything else? -J

Did the customer rep transfer you call to an IO all 6 times?

ABSRAO, What I meant is I talked to second level help 6 different times. They have used my A-number to query my record but that just shows my permanent residency information. They don't have any update for N-400 application. Sorry... If I didn't explain this clearly earlier. -J

Bob, You are correct. They did escalate it to the 2nd level all 6 times. But they also cannot find anything with our N-400 application. Strange... Ain't it? -J

Bob, You are correct. They did escalate it to the 2nd level all 6 times. But they also cannot find anything with our N-400 application. Strange... Ain't it? -J

Very strange indeed since not even your check has been cashed. If it doesn't get cashed in the next three weeks consider your application lost by USCIS. You had sufficient funds in the bank the entire time as well?

Yes. There are enough funds in the bank to cover both the checks. I have been checking it almost everyday to see if they have cashed it. But they didn't. Do you think this has anything to do with reducing the backlog before picking up any new applications? Remember... they have comeup with a news release couple of days back that they almost eliminated the backlog. Whatever the reason is... it is making us nervous :( -J