No objection certficates (DS-2019 extension)

anu_atmakur

Hi,
I am in first year of my J1 programme and i subjected to 212(e) rule. I want to start process of getting no objection certificates from my home country and want to apply later for the waiver. Is there any problem to get extension of my DS-2019 ( ends in december,2008) form if i start applying only for getting NOCs?

Please help me in this regard.

waiting for the answers
Thank you in advance
anu:)

Ask the int. advisor at your school. I was told to wait until the last extension of my DS2019. I had to initialize the process with the Dept. of State because my embassy required the case number in the applicaton for the "No objection" statement but I do not know if this is how it works for other countries. You can call your embassy and ask about the procedure and chances for getting the "no objection" letter.

Thanks for the information. I am from india and i came to know with the help of some one that there is no need to file case no. to get no objection documents from my home country.:)

Hi,
I am in first year of my J1 programme and i subjected to 212(e) rule. I want to start process of getting no objection certificates from my home country and want to apply later for the waiver. Is there any problem to get extension of my DS-2019 ( ends in december,2008) form if i start applying only for getting NOCs?

Please help me in this regard.

waiting for the answers
Thank you in advance
anu:)

To the best of my knowledge, the NOS should be sent directly from the embassy to the DOS with the application number on it.
You should start the whole process preferably at the end of your J (by one year or so).
Getting waiver whithout securing an H or GC sponsor is a big mistake because it prohibit you from extending the waived J or getting new J