no message change after FP

We have also gone for early FP because of conflict with wife's travel. Our case is being processed with TSC. Provided biometrics on 5/19. LUD changed on 5/20. Today I recd. an email from USCIS that my FP results were recd on 06/03 (which is about a fortnight from 5/20). But no info. about my wife's FPs.

How long it usually takes for a I-485 decision after receiving FP results? Do I need to call FBI and find out if they sent results of my Wife.

Any info. in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Tahachal said:
We had early finger print on March 31, but so far no email, no LUD. Actually, this time we received Finger print notice from local INS office. So I don't know what is going on? How long do I need to wait to hear from them?

RD 08/07/2003
TD 05/18/2004 Atlanta
FP2 03/31/2005

No Msg Change after FP

NO msg changed ( FP received and Resumed) after FP.

I did my FP on May 19... The next day LUD changed. but it was the same message.

till now the msg did not change to received. I see almost all the cases are changed to FP received. I wanted to post here so that we can track these types of cases. I called FBI they said they sent the results the same day. any idea y the msg is not changed. this seems to be a common for those who had their FP done in April and May

Today there was a Approv Posting with out FP received .. that gives me a hope.

Please post your approvals here.if you do not have FP received message.

the details are
I 140 approved March 05
EAD approved April 05
I 485 - RD April 14, FP done May 19 05, LUD changed same msg May 20
AD ?
AP RD April 14, RFE on passport copies April 30, LUD changed to reeived RFE, approval ??

Last edited by a moderator:
msdn2006,

What is the telephone number that you used to call FBI?.

I didn't have FP recieved message but there was an LUD with no message update.

-Srinivas

Hi msdn2006:

you are right. It seems there are people getting magic mails without any change in LUD or message after fp.

See my signature. I did not get any message change or LUD after fp. Hoping to get same magic mail.

Please keep post your updates. Thanks

msdn2006 said:
NO msg changed ( FP received and Resumed) after FP.

till now the msg did not change to received. I see almost all the cases are changed to FP received. I wanted to post here so that we can track these types of cases. I called FBI they said they sent the results the same day. any idea y the msg is not changed. this seems to be a common for those who had their FP done in April and May

Today there was a Approv Posting with out FP received .. that gives me a hope.

Please post your approvals here.if you do not have FP received message.

the details are
I 140 approved March 05
EAD approved April 05
AD ?
AP RD April 14, RFE on passport copies April 30, LUD changed to reeived RFE, approval ??

Hi Holbytla:

No updates sofar. See my signature. Can you post your details. Thanks.

Holbytla said:
Any new developments for anyone on this thread? None on my end .. :confused:

addagarla said:
msdn2006,

What is the telephone number that you used to call FBI?.

I didn't have FP recieved message but there was an LUD with no message update.

-Srinivas

304 625 2000

Called VSC

I just called the Vermont Service Center, and was told that my case should be decided within the next 30 days. The lady said my FBI name check had cleared. I asked if I should be worried that my LUD hadn't changed since 4/8/2005, just one day after I got fingerprinted, but she said no. Apparently my LUD not changing just means that everything is going smoothly and they hadn't needed to do any further checks. So, I'm hoping for the best. If I don't hear anything within 30 days, I guess I'll call again.
----------------------------------------------
EB1-OR concurrent I-140/485 RD: April 29 2004, ND: May 28, 2004
I-140 AD: Jan 5 2005
FP: April 7 2005
I-485 LUD April 8 2005, no msg change.

Holbytla said:
I just called the Vermont Service Center, and was told that my case should be decided within the next 30 days. The lady said my FBI name check had cleared. I asked if I should be worried that my LUD hadn't changed since 4/8/2005, just one day after I got fingerprinted, but she said no. Apparently my LUD not changing just means that everything is going smoothly and they hadn't needed to do any further checks. So, I'm hoping for the best. If I don't hear anything within 30 days, I guess I'll call again.
----------------------------------------------
EB1-OR concurrent I-140/485 RD: April 29 2004, ND: May 28, 2004
I-140 AD: Jan 5 2005
FP: April 7 2005
I-485 LUD April 8 2005, no msg change.

This is a great news, Even for me the LUD did not change to FP received, I was worried and wondering what is the reason for the msg not getting changed, but did not took the pain of calling VSC.

Thanks for posting the message. Actually 485 will be approoved within 45 - 60 Days after FP is done. So for you it should have been approved by now. I guess she is right and you will get your approval soon. I am also expecting that our 485 will be approved in the middle of July.

Hi Labornc:

congradulations...Can you tell me which service center did you file your applications. I give below my details. Am a close to get the approval ??? Still waiting for message change after fp.

Please post your thoughts... Thanks

labornc said:
got my magic emails without any msg change until approval but only luds per my signatures....

Hi everyone,
I filed for 485 in january 05 here are the details

I485 RD Jan 14,2005
ND Jan 21, 2005
FP done on Mar 4

Checked with FBI lately and they replied saying FP was processed on Mar 10 and sent on the same day to CIS.

Until now there has been no change in the online status check. Can anyone tell me if there is any other way to check the status and also how to check for LUD.

Thanks

Hi VI485:

I am also on the same boat. Did fp during april and got one LUD, nextday after fp and no more LUD or status change online.

Did anyone faced similar situation. We filed with TSC. Thanks

VI485 said:
Hi everyone,
I filed for 485 in january 05 here are the details

I485 RD Jan 14,2005
ND Jan 21, 2005
FP done on Mar 4

Checked with FBI lately and they replied saying FP was processed on Mar 10 and sent on the same day to CIS.

Until now there has been no change in the online status check. Can anyone tell me if there is any other way to check the status and also how to check for LUD.

Thanks

RFE received...

mvusa,

I have submitted docs for the RFE on 6/15/05.

LUD 6/15/05 and 6/17/05.

Lets wait and see.

Any status on your case...

mka

MSG Changed after a long time

Guys LUD msg changed to recieved after a long time.

LUD changed now that FP received on MAY 28th and resumed. but this msg changed now only after a month. I think this might be updated by a batch program, kinda updating it late. Damn software :)

Hangin there guys LUD will change in another batch.

the details are
I 140 approved March 05
EAD approved April 05
LUD changed that FP received on MAY 28th and resumed. but this msg changed now only
AD ?

Hmm...I did my FP same day as yours, but no LUD, no change in message so far. Is there such a thing as a "batch job"? If there is, whoever wrote that "batch job"? ;)

Just to calm some of you, I'd like to say that my 485 message never changed from the "we sent you a notice to appear for fingerprinting" message, from that it changed to "this case has been approved" several months later.

Hi Meranumkabayega:

Look at my signature. I did fp in april and still waiting for message change..

Thanks.

meranumkabayega said:
Hmm...I did my FP same day as yours, but no LUD, no change in message so far. Is there such a thing as a "batch job"? If there is, whoever wrote that "batch job"? ;)

I did my second FP last week (Code 2). My Lud changed twice since then but no change in message. Only Magic can approve my case before June 30th.

edited Jun 27 05

Which is the number to call for Finger print status check? 304 625 2000 ?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I-485 approved, card ordered

I am happy to say that I got 2 e-mails at 4:45 pm today, July 1st, stating the following:

"On June 30, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

What an odyssey! I was stressing out over the fact that I was not getting any LUDs on my I-485, but as others have said, this is not necessarily an issue. Thanks for all of your advice and support. This forum has been great.
Regards.

EB1-OR I-140/485 concurrently filed RD: 4/29/04, ND: 5/28/04
I-140 AD: 1/5/05
FP code 3: 4/7/05
I-485 LUD: 4/8/05, no msg change, no LUD's after that.
I-485 AD, card ordered: 6/30/05