No Longer Landing What to Do.

arrow007

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guru's

I recently received my Green Card and am no longer planning to land in Canada. I read that it can create problems if I have intent to land in two countries simultaneously. Can somebody tell me the procedure for how to inform Canadian Consulate and what will be the process of getting a refund for landing fee? I read somewhere that if I do not land then I can get it refunded.

I will really appreciate if anyone can answer this since I am suppose to land in Canada by September 9, 2007.

Thanks in advance.

Send your passports and landing docs to the consulate you applied for, mentioning you are not going to be landing. They will refund your landing fee.

I am doing the same thing..

Did you get the refund? Is it really required to send the passport? Do you know how long they will hold the passport with them?
Thx

They will simply cancel the visa sticker in your passport and send it right back to you. They have no need to hang onto it.

They will simply cancel the visa sticker in your passport and send it right back to you. They have no need to hang onto it.

I sent my passport for refund of landing fee, I got my passport back with canceled visa but for landing fee I received a letter saying that Buffalo office will contact me later regarding landing fee.

Did anyone had the same experience, if yes then how long did it take to receive the landing fee refund?

I have been waiting for over 2 months now and no money in sight...

I finally received the cheque yesterday. It took a month between sending the passports and receiving the cheque. I emailed canadian consulate with a scanned copy of the letter which they sent when I received my passport back.