No Interview date yet

EthanHawke

Registered Users (C)
It has been almost 3 months since my fp and I havent received notice of interview. I called the USCIS once and they told me that they requested my A file twice, once in march and once in april - but they havent gotten my file yet. Any advice?
My DO is Manchester, NH

N400 sent 12/17/09
FP 01/26/10

Did you call USCIS 800 number or your local office (DO) number? Same thing here. I was done with FP on 2/12/2010, but have not received interview letter yet. Called 800 two weeks ago, I was told they did not see anything that was stopping my case. So they just asked me to wait for DO to schedule interview. They also said it might take a few weeks. So I am still waiting, but so frustrated...

It has been almost 3 months since my fp and I havent received notice of interview. I called the USCIS once and they told me that they requested my A file twice, once in march and once in april - but they havent gotten my file yet. Any advice?
My DO is Manchester, NH

N400 sent 12/17/09
FP 01/26/10

My DO is Manchester, NH

N400 sent 12/17/09
FP 01/26/10
Since your case is still within posted processing times, USCIS tends to tell you must wait. Keep inquiring about your case and have customer support open a service request.

I still havent received interview date yet nor the status has changed to "case has been transferred to local office". Any idea why? I am getting impatient with this process. It has been almost 5 months.

Your waiting time changed from 3 months to 5 months within a week?
An option better than calling is to show up ... take an INFOPASS appointment and see what they say.
Even on phone, try to get to speak to an IO rather than just a rep ... one trick people advised here is to say you were talking to someone and got disconnected.

I still havent received interview date yet nor the status has changed to "case has been transferred to local office". Any idea why? I am getting impatient with this process. It has been almost 5 months.

This change in the online case status is actually good news. It means that your case has been transferred to the local office (a necessary step in the processing of all N-400 applications) and put in a queue for an interview.

Regarding getting impatient: I had to wait over 2 years between FP and the interview, so 5 months is nothing by comparison.

This change in the online case status is actually good news. It means that your case has been transferred to the local office (a necessary step in the processing of all N-400 applications) and put in a queue for an interview.

Regarding getting impatient: I had to wait over 2 years between FP and the interview, so 5 months is nothing by comparison.

Baikal,
Read it closely...I am surprised you passed your citizenship test

We have a similar situation. Sent in our N-400 application in early Feb 2010 and got fingerprinted together. After that though, while mine has moved along smoothly past the interview, my wife has not heard back from the USCIS. A few phone calls to the 1-800 number have not been useful at all.

I brought it up with the Immigration Officer at my interview as well and she seemed to think it wasn't a big deal, saying it sometimes takes upto a year to schedule an interview. I was wondering what the next step should be-- Try to get an info pass appointment?

I got to talk to IO at Manchester office and was informed that delay in scheduling my interview is caused by unsuccessful multiple attempts to retrieve my A-file from asylum office. I was informed to write letter to asylum office down south and did so two weeks ago. I am finally scheduled to have an interview early next month and told that if my file is not at their hand by the time of interview, assuming I pass written, reading, and speaking tests, I would be put to wait for another 120 days for them to reach decision. This happens to my parents. Any advice?

We have a similar situation. Sent in our N-400 application in early Feb 2010 and got fingerprinted together. After that though, while mine has moved along smoothly past the interview, my wife has not heard back from the USCIS. A few phone calls to the 1-800 number have not been useful at all.

I brought it up with the Immigration Officer at my interview as well and she seemed to think it wasn't a big deal, saying it sometimes takes upto a year to schedule an interview. I was wondering what the next step should be-- Try to get an info pass appointment?

Yumk: Is your DO Manchester, NH? Did you take your oath? How long was it between the interview date and the oath letter/date? My wife's interview was on June 17 and waiting for the oath letter.