No GC, yet summoned for Jury Duty !!

DesiVidesi

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,

I've received a summons for Jury Duty at a local court next month.

As you can see from my signature, I don't even have a GC. :D

Though, it gives me a "false" sense of pride of being an US Citizen, what do I need to do :confused:

Has anyone faced a similar situation ? Can I just call the court and tell them about the situation or do I need to go personally to correct this ?

Does the form have a place where it asks for citizenship? You can mention there that you are not a citizen and return it. You can also probably call. Many people get jury summons. Don't worry, you're not in trouble.

yes I got a summon a while back as well... Just reply back saying you cannot be on a jury since you are not a Citizen/Permanent resident. At least in the state that I was in, at least permanent residency was the requirement.

I got those like 3 times before I was a permanent resident.It's no big deal, simply check not a citizen and return it.

Thats right. I got many of these before as well. Just check the "Not a Citizen" box and return back and you should be good. If the appointment is too near, then just call the local court and they will exclude you from the list manually.