No FP yet and now RFE!

Fgsilva

Registered Users (C)
so NSC has been dead since 9/9 for my 485 case. I didn't get any notice for FP. Then this morning there was the email that a notice for RFE has been sent! Not sure of what that could be since I thought I had sent it all. the possibilities that come to my mind though are: I transferred from one university to another and I only sent the I20 for the second university (at the time I couldn't find the first I20!). The second potential problem that I only noticed after I submited my application was that the on my medical examination copy, the doctor only signed my form but they didn't put his name and clinic address.

Now, it is interesting also that this RFE came two days after I filed online for work authorization. Since I'm currenlty on an H1B visa and could my request for work authorization be perceived as flag for them of job change to something unrelated? But, I had alreadysent them a letter form my employee stating that I have beenworking with them since 1997.

Well, I guess no need to second guess and all I can do is wait for the letter. On the bright side, at least I got some sign of life from NSC. INterestingly, there was no LUD change till today when I got the RFE email.

Hm,, that was rude! :rolleyes:

My point was to share with others in here what has just happened to me and perhaps look for other in the same situation. There's been lots of posting here about the lack of activity from NSC for our FP, etc for our I485. My posting shows that NSC is indeed alive? I also thought it was interesting that the first notice from NSC was an RFE. I was hoping that it would be first a notice for FP. Now, Was my explanation good enough for you?? ;)

rir_or said:
So, what's you point?

Fgsilva said:
Hm,, that was rude! :rolleyes:

My point was to share with others in here what has just happened to me and perhaps look for other in the same situation. There's been lots of posting here about the lack of activity from NSC for our FP, etc for our I485. My posting shows that NSC is indeed alive? I also thought it was interesting that the first notice from NSC was an RFE. I was hoping that it would be first a notice for FP. Now, Was my explanation good enough for you?? ;)

sorry about RFE
i was wondering if you move recently
my guess!!!
as without getting FP notice you get RFE mainly because you might have missed FP notice!!!

Hey EB1doc,

Thanks! Yes, I did move back in March but that was while my I140 was pending. Since I have applied for the I485 I haven't moved. I don't think I have missed a FP notice since I have called them many times to double check that and I haven't had any LUD since they got my I485. So could they have sent the notice and not sent me an email update first?? Oh well, It's a matter now of waiting to see what the heck the RFE is for!

eb1doc said:
sorry about RFE
i was wondering if you move recently
my guess!!!
as without getting FP notice you get RFE mainly because you might have missed FP notice!!!

Fgsilva said:
Hey EB1doc,

Thanks! Yes, I did move back in March but that was while my I140 was pending. Since I have applied for the I485 I haven't moved. I don't think I have missed a FP notice since I have called them many times to double check that and I haven't had any LUD since they got my I485. So could they have sent the notice and not sent me an email update first?? Oh well, It's a matter now of waiting to see what the heck the RFE is for!

when u applied lately online, u should have get a receipt number from texas becasue all online application r processed by TSC not NSC. so i think u should have send the supporting documents for those forms filed online to TSC and NSC. is that right?

Nope, not right. When I applied for the work permit I hadto select the proper category. In my case I have I applied because I have a "pending I-485" at NSC. the I765 is based on your pending 485, not on the aproved I140. And because my pending 485 is at NSC, the system automatically generated an LIN receipt number and my application went to NSC. Sorry Antonio, but my case wont' see TSC anymore, since I already got RFE from NSC!

antonioa77 said:
when u applied lately online, u should have get a receipt number from texas becasue all online application r processed by TSC not NSC. so i think u should have send the supporting documents for those forms filed online to TSC and NSC. is that right?

Fgsilva said:
Nope, not right. When I applied for the work permit I hadto select the proper category. In my case I have I applied because I have a "pending I-485" at NSC. the I765 is based on your pending 485, not on the aproved I140. And because my pending 485 is at NSC, the system automatically generated an LIN receipt number and my application went to NSC. Sorry Antonio, but my case wont' see TSC anymore, since I already got RFE from NSC!

maybe ur RFE is because ur I140 is at TSC.u never know. once u get ur RFE just let's us know about its content.

Hello,
Sorry to hear that you got RFE. On the positive side, somebody may have been assigned to work on your case.

Since you got this RFE pretty early, I guess something obvious may have been missing. Check on that.

I think that you should have sent all I20's or any other documents which can prove your continuous legal status since your first entry to US. They include all pages of your current and old passports.

Fgsilva said:
so NSC has been dead since 9/9 for my 485 case. I didn't get any notice for FP. Then this morning there was the email that a notice for RFE has been sent! Not sure of what that could be since I thought I had sent it all. the possibilities that come to my mind though are: I transferred from one university to another and I only sent the I20 for the second university (at the time I couldn't find the first I20!). The second potential problem that I only noticed after I submited my application was that the on my medical examination copy, the doctor only signed my form but they didn't put his name and clinic address.

Now, it is interesting also that this RFE came two days after I filed online for work authorization. Since I'm currenlty on an H1B visa and could my request for work authorization be perceived as flag for them of job change to something unrelated? But, I had alreadysent them a letter form my employee stating that I have beenworking with them since 1997.

Well, I guess no need to second guess and all I can do is wait for the letter. On the bright side, at least I got some sign of life from NSC. INterestingly, there was no LUD change till today when I got the RFE email.

Fgsilva, the posts like "oh, I am getting RFE, what could it be? Let's start guessing together!" is an annoyance. When you receive RFE, write what it is about and thank you if you do.

Don't know why it would bother anyone as I am not sending private messages asking people to "guess together" with me what's in my RFE. This is an OPEN forum and as far as I know, NOBODY is being forced to either read or reply to my or anybody else's posting. If my posting annoyed you in the first place, I really don't understand why you bothered to reply just to say you're annoyed by it instead of just ignoring it completely! Anyway, I don't want to get side tracked here and this is my last reply to your comments anyway, unless they're are in the future related to the posting. :cool:

rir_or said:
Fgsilva, the posts like "oh, I am getting RFE, what could it be? Let's start guessing together!" is an annoyance. When you receive RFE, write what it is about and thank you if you do.

Thanks Leviathan! That's what I thought: at least now I know I'm no being ignored by NSC! :D

leviathan said:
Hello,
Sorry to hear that you got RFE. On the positive side, somebody may have been assigned to work on your case.

Since you got this RFE pretty early, I guess something obvious may have been missing. Check on that.

I think that you should have sent all I20's or any other documents which can prove your continuous legal status since your first entry to US. They include all pages of your current and old passports.

nothing. and today being a holliday I prob wont' get the notice till tomorrow or even later this week.

veggy said:
Any update on this? We have about the same dates!

fgsilva

Hi fgsilva

My wife received rfe last saturday from vsc. On the USCIS web site, it is said that the rfe response must be sent in a speical envelope USCIS sends. We did not receive any envelope with the rfe.

Can you let me know if you receive an envelope with your rfe?

Thanks.

Are you sure they meant that there was a "special envelope"? Does it say that on your online case update or just the general USCIS web page? When I got the RFE for my I140 they asked me to mail the RFE letter back to them with the additional requested evidence; there was no additional envelope with their letter. They need that letter back so that they can link it easily to your case and to make sure you have properly addressed what the RFE asks.

But, I'll let you know if I do receive this "special envelope".

Good luck!

cbr_139 said:
Hi fgsilva

My wife received rfe last saturday from vsc. On the USCIS web site, it is said that the rfe response must be sent in a speical envelope USCIS sends. We did not receive any envelope with the rfe.

Can you let me know if you receive an envelope with your rfe?

Thanks.

Fgsilva,

Do you intend to call them for finger print status next week if there is still no notice for it? I thought you mentioned once that we can check fp status 60 days after the RD.

Oh, that's right. I think there was a small envelope in my first RFE for I140. But for my first RFE I submitted over 80 pages of new evidence so I just disregarded the "special envelope" and use a regular envelope. I put of course, the RFE letter in it and all was fine.

cbr_139 said:
fgsilva

Please see the web http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scnational/index.htm#H

General Tips on Assembling Applications for Mailing; Item 4