NIW I140 (VSC) approved

panduranga

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

I received an e-mail from the USCIS, informing that my I140 for NIW has been approved after 4 months in for FBI security clearance.

I had the following questions. Can the gurus on this forum such as eb1doc help me with their thoughts?

a) What precautions do I need to take against possible pitfalls for future for successful I485 adjudication?

b) How long does it usually take for I485 approval - I am from India. Both I140 and I485 were filed together in VSC in 9/2005

c) I have also applied for EB1-EA and will be responding to a RFE soon. If I pursue it further and if it gets approved, does it speed up my I485 approval. Note that my I485 is attached to my NIW I140 and not EB1-EA I140.

Thanks for all the useful information that I have gained from this forum.

Congrats!!!

Hi congrats!
I think we are all in the same boat. let us wait and see what next bulletin says.
How do you know about getting RFE for EB1 EA, is your presumption or got some information?

reply to good_y

I received an RFE which was essentially cutting and pasting the 10 prong criteria for EB1-EA that we are aware of .

Panduranga,

Can you please tell us in which field you work. Hwhat are your credentials for EB1-EA and what RFE you received. After replying for EB1-EA RFE, do you think it will go through?

abhuda

Hello Panduranga,
When did you apply EB1-EA. When did you get RFE and what is your service center. My NIW, I-140 approved. No response from my EB1-EA since two months.
Thank you for your reply.

2006Hunter said:
Hello Panduranga,
When did you apply EB1-EA. When did you get RFE and what is your service center. My NIW, I-140 approved. No response from my EB1-EA since two months.

Mine is pending at NSC for more than 3 months :) (EB-1A I-140)

2006Hunter said:
Hello Panduranga,

Which service center is processing your case for EB1a? I filed more than 3.5 months ago, pending in NSC. no updates in the status so far. :mad:

eb1a-query said:
Which service center is processing your case for EB1a? I filed more than 3.5 months ago, pending in NSC. no updates in the status so far. :mad:

U R ahead of me. if there is any activity in your I-140 please post it or PM me. when was last LUD on your I-140. There was LUD on Aug. 12, 2006 in my case. After that nothing happened.

eb1a-query said:

Hi, my EB1-ea is in TSC since two months. you are ahead than me.

Nsc-niw

I also have applied for I140-NIW since June 28. There were a few updates in my case at the first few days and the last one was on Aug 12. However no response yet.
I have been told that recently they do background check on many of us. That might be the reason for their late response. Hope for the best luck.

EB2-NIW
I140 RD: Jun 28, 2006 (NSC)

NIW and EB1-EA

Friends,

I applied in the two categories of NIW and EB1-EA concurrently in 10/2005. Both the applications were filed in VSC. I received an RFE on my NIW case (since my I-485 was attached to this one) in 12/2005 and I responded to it in 2/2006. Around that time, I received my AP and EAD card. I learnt in 5/2006 that my EB1-EA case has been transferred to NSC. In the same period, I was informed that my application has been with FBI for security check.

Early this month, I received an RFE from NSC on my EB1-EA application and most recently, I received my NIW approval. The RFE has been very general with no mention of my work but simply copying the 10-prong criteria for EB1-EA. My lawyer informed me that they had received identical RFEs for some of their clients where the only difference has been a single sentence in the beginning of the RFE describing the field of expertise of the client. They have already highlighted this point to the INS.

At the time of my application, I had 3 papers, 1 book chapter, 1 patent, and 3/4 citations in my area of expertise - environmental engineering. At this point, I have 5 publications and 8-10 citations. Two of my recent papers are not directly related to environmental engineering though.

NIW and EB1-EA : Question

Friends,

Do I gain in any way if my EB1-EA is approved as against NIW? I am from India.

What should I guard against with respect to my NIW petition? Any suggestions?

panduranga said:
Friends,

Yes, hugely since you are from India! If the EB1A is approved you may get your GC in less than 6 months whereas for NIW you may have to wait 4 yrs.

panduranga said:
Friends,

Out of 10 criteria how many did you satisfy (or your attorney highlited) when you originally filed the petition. I wonder about your RFE. I am from India too.

I do not know what all my attorney wrote. They say that for EB1-EA, they do not see much chance since my case has been transferred to NSC, which is a very tough center. What do you guys say:

5 papers
8 citations
1 patent
2 book chapters

Please advise. It will cost me $1500.