NIW forms. Very Urgently.

itavirol

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,
It is the first time for me to ask. I am very new in this forum.
I am a postdoc and I want to apply NIW. I have one question:
Do I need to submit ETA-750B form? Where I should submit ETA-750B form? Together with I-140 to USCIS?
Thank you

Hello everyone,
It is the first time for me to ask. I am very new in this forum.
I am a postdoc and I want to apply NIW. I have one question:
Do I need to submit ETA-750B form? Where I should submit ETA-750B form? Together with I-140 to USCIS?
Thank you

Yes, the USCIS instructions for NIW applications clearly state that you must submit ETA-750B in duplicate. This form is sent along with the rest of the I-140 package to USCIS as part of the application. It is not sent to DOL as mentioned in the post above.

Dear Jk0274,
Thank you very much.
1. From your advice, I need to submit ETA-750B in duplicate (two copies). It is correct?
2. Could you please give the weblink from USCIS instruction for NIW?
Thank you

That is correct, although in all honesty I only submitted one copy and had no problems. But those are the published rules. The actual USCIS rules are buried in hundreds of pages of legal jargon but a summary is here.

In the website you gave me. It said that I need to have 2 years of experience. But I am a postdoc having only 1 year. Can I apply? Please answer me as soon as possible

Your graduate work counts as experience, especially if you published papers. Yes you can apply, don't worry. If you have a good number of papers and a lot of people citing your work, that's what matters. USCIS these days is being very picky about citations, no matter how many years you've been a post-doc.

Dear jk0274,
Thank you very much.
I have 53 publications, first author 27 and co-authored 26. Citation is 132 (self-citation is not included).
But I have one problem. Before, I got PhD in Singapore with research in HIV virus. My 53 publications are on HIV. Now I am in US with research on diarrheal viruses. I do not know it is OK for NIW. If you know, please advise me?

How did you get 53 publications with only one year postdoc? Did you work in Singapore after your PhD?
HIV and diarrheal viruses are all in health science (or whatever narrower name you could think of for them). They are very related, in the same field, to my understanding. Don't emphasize the difference in your petition. Don't entitle your field as HIV or diarrheal viruses. I claimed myself in applied mathematics specified in computational methods in dynamical systems, while I highlighted my contributions in dynamical system phenomenon too. The USCIS officers can't tell the difference if you don't tell.

Dear llp1,
Thank you for your reply. 53 publications are results of 27 projects when I am a PhD student from Jan 2002-Dec 2007 in Singapore. After PhD, I am postdoc at USA since Jan 2008.
I intend to apply both NIW and EB1-1. If I send both applications to Texas, will two applications be sent to two different divisions or same division?

Hi,
I did not understand term Substantial Intrinsic Merit, please explain to me. I read on some websites but it hard to understand.

Usually it is hard to claim extraordinary ability for a fresh graduated PhD.
Since you have 53 publications, which is far more than normal PhD students can get. You can make your case an exception, if you present your material well.
To answer your question: where to send your application packages, simply follow the USCIS website for those applications NIW and Eb1-1, where you get the updated forms.
"substantial intrinsic merit" means significant and original contribution from you to the field, for that you need to emphasize the significant impact of your contribution to the field, you need to claim the international acclaim/sustain of your work etc.
The above is my understanding. It could be wrong. Take it with caution.

"Substantial intrinsic merit" means, basically, that your area of expertise is useful to the people of the United States. It's not enough that your area of research be national in scope (which is a separate NIW criterion), but also that it, in and of itself, will address an important problem for the nation. Anything having to do with diseases and such are usually regarded as being of merit.

Here is my CV
1. MD, PhD 2007
2. Postdoc 2008
3. Publications 53, 27 fisrt author, 26 co-author
4. Citations: 132 (self-citation is not included)
5. Reviewer for 3 journals
6. Several novel methods and virus classification were used by other scientists
7. Several international fellowships, scholarships and research awards (for student in university)
7. One travel award, 2008
8. One invited presentation in US when I was PhD student
9. One paper was showed in the spotlight of journal in US
10. Several papers were showed as most downloaded by other scientists
11. Around 10 international conference abstracts (first and co-author)
Please advise me.
Thank you

Dear llp1 and jk0274
It seems that Substantial intrinsic merit and National in scope are similar?

Dear jk0274,
For your question, I am at Connecticut. It seems that I will submit both NIW and EB1-EA in Texas. It is correct?
Thank you

Thank you jk0274
Here is my CV. How about the successful rate for EB1 and NIW? Should I do both or only one? Please give me some advice. Thank you.
1. MD, PhD 2007
2. Postdoc 2008
7. Several international fellowships, scholarships and research awards (for student in university)

Thank you jk0274
Here is my CV. How about the successful rate for EB1 and NIW? Should I do both or only one? Please give me some advice. Thank you.
1. MD, PhD 2007
2. Postdoc 2008

Check it by yourself. Out of the ten criteria, the best bets for you are:
1. Significant contribution (your items 3, 4, 6, 8, 11)
2. Authorship (your items 3, 4, 11)
3. Review of other's work (your item 5)
4. Media report (your items 9, 10)
Your other items 1, 2, 7 don't count for anything. It is clearly stated that student awards (even postdoc fellowships) and travel awards don't count for Criterion Scholarships/Awards.
You may ask lawyers for the successful rate.

I think NIW is the best because EB1-EA is extremely hard for recent PhD graduate like you even you have 4 of 10 requirements