NIW and/or EB-1 EA suggestion

smithcopy

NIW and/or EB-1 EA Evaluation

All,
I would appreciate your nice evaluation on whether my qualifications would qualify me for NIW and/or EB-1A. current status F1-OPT, just begin Postdoc.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering
- Postdoc in one university lab
- 40 publications (2 top journal +12 non-top journal) + 26 peer-reviewed conference proceedings (18 first author))
- 10-20 citations .
- Reviewer (6 journal papers +10 conference papers).
- Selected for inclusion in 2007 Marquis' Who's Who, one Top conference travel award.
- Two session chair.
- Some presentations at conferences.

Thanks for your evaluation and comments

Your CV looks similar to mine, except that your citations are a little low. NIW should definitively be possible, maybe even EB1-EA (I filed NIW only since I am ROW). Your F1-OPT means you should only file if you can file concurrently though, otherwise you won't be able to re-enter the US if you travel.

Please help me!

Your CV looks similar to mine, except that your citations are a little low. NIW should definitively be possible, maybe even EB1-EA (I filed NIW only since I am ROW). Your F1-OPT means you should only file if you can file concurrently though, otherwise you won't be able to re-enter the US if you travel.

Hi NSCAGONY!

Can you also evaluate mine? I am applying for EB-2 Advanced Professional (NIW) and here are my brief qualifications:

PhD degree in Chemistry in US
1 yr. postdoc experience
2 recent papers published (one is first author, the other paper is only co-author, which is a collaboration with a big pharma company. i was the key player to complete the story of their drug).
no citations yet as these two papers were just published this year
2 more papers in preparation from my postdoc work
2 oral presentations in two prestigious meetings
7 poster presentations
1 review chapter as co-author in Encyclopedia of Inorganic Chemistry

I'm worried because a lot of people here have excellent CV! Plus, I'm planning to file my I-140 on my own. So that's also another minus as I don't get legal advice. I'm only relying on this site. I would really appreciate if you can provide me some tips based on the category I am applying for. Please list the do's and dont's of filing an EB-2 NIW.

Thanks,

Mizzou Tiger